Droid Not Allowed on DCL?

I actually know the Instagram user droid_sd14 personally. They are real and a TA.
They were the first one to start trying to bring it on board, for their own fun, but also to know the in's and out's for their clients. They are ONLY bringing is the outside plastic shell and removing the inside drive unit, which only the BB units have the ability to have it removed. The concern is you can't have "Remote-controlled devices" on board according to DCL policy for safety and to comply with different port laws.

I built a R2 unit and will be going on a cruise at the end of the month, so I did reach out to DCL to find out what the options where...
"The droids built at the Droid Depot in Star Wars Galaxy's Edge are unable to be brought onboard the ship due to security concerns."

When I replied to see if it's something they were going to look at for the future, they responded...
"When the question arose regarding whether or not the droids built at the Droid Depot in Star Wars Galaxy's Edge could be brought on board the ship, we did full research with all appropriate departments to see if this could be done. It was determined that there are no exceptions.

If you arrive at the terminal with the droid or it is found on board, it will be confiscated."

So builders that have a BB unit and removes the 'motor' and leaves it at home, may be able to, however they do still risk it still being confiscated. And for now R2/R4 units are out of luck.
(Guess mine has to stay home for yet another trip 😭)

I actually know the Instagram user droid_sd14 personally. They are real and a TA.

I love that account, they take some awesome pictures. I appreciate that they took the time to to learn the rules so they could let their clients and others know. I plan to bring mine with me when we cruise next, don't mind leaving the motor and controller at home.

I love that account, they take some awesome pictures. I appreciate that they took the time to to learn the rules so they could let their clients and others know. I plan to bring mine with me when we cruise next, don't mind leaving the motor and controller at home.

I just added BB-30 to the family.
And ordered 'parts' to make him stable when he leaves his motor at home for the cruise in less than 2 weeks. (magnets to keep the head on, and bean bags to keep the body in place from rolling)

Oooh this is good to know, I wanted to make an R2 unit and plan on doing a cruise on the same trip, I've yet to figure out if I'm cruising first or at WDW. Don't think I want to know how much it would cost to ship home internationally so I shall just have to hand him over.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter