• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Drug OD and update on us...

MommytoMJM

Disney is a lifestyle!
Hi all, and update on us (long)

Sorry I have been MIA. This week has been AWFUL, through a series of miscommunications on Sunday night, I ended up taking an overdose of a drug I am in called neurontin, I have a bery bad reacction. If you are going to OD on a drug, this in NOT the one to do it on :( This is the first day I have felt even semi human and I am still having a lot of motor function issues and stuff. Typing and other things are very difficult. I don't remember most of the week at all. Andrew missed Mon and Tue at work and was 5 hours late on Thursday. They have been terrific about helping us.

MJ had her MRI on Monday (no results yet) we missed her EEG, it is rescheduled for January 25th. I have an MRI on the 23rd and a nerve conduction study on the 26th, it is going to be a rough week.

The move is impending, we are loading the truck late on the 21st, unloading on the 22nd and unpacking after that to get ready for MJ's bday. If anyone is able to help load, unload or unpack I would be sooo grateful.

MJ's Wheelchair, the saga continues: MJ's chair has been ordered and is being assembled, we are supposed to take delivery on the 28th (we'll see if that really happens) I am not sure what is going on with the copayemnt, the chair is (sit down) $14,000.00 can you beleive that?!?!? The WC company is saying that the insurance is paying 100%, I know they pay 90% and us 10%. Andrew thinks that the WC company knows they screwed up and is waiving the copay so we weon't invesigate. We are still trying to come up with the $$ just in case. Hopefully we'll have some pics at the end of January with MJ in her new ride.

Andrew's new job is going well, her really likes it.

My brain is turning to mush now and it took me a couple hours to get this far, so I will wrap this up. I'll try to be around more, but the next few weeks look like a disaster.

I'm sooo sorry you're sick right now. Here's some :wizard: and a :hug: for you. I hope you feel better real soon. And I also hope your move goes smoothly too. :flower3:

I've said it before and I'll say it again you need to get her on your states health care for children with special needs. Because she is adopted there will not be a copay and anything medically you need it will cover even diapers for a child over the age of 3.

It isn't to late for you to get a Federal title IV subsidy for her either. That has to be done either through the lawyer you used to adopt her since she wasn't adopted from and agency.

The first link is all about Florida's state health care for kids with special needs.
The second link is the requirement for title IV in the state of Florida. (if she wasn't adopted in Florida let me know the state and I will give you the link for the state).
http://www.cms-kids.com/
http://www.nacac.org/stateprofiles/florida.html

She was adopted in CA....unfortunately, CA doesn't recognize private adoptions in the Asoption Assistance Program and I can't afford a lawyer to fight the CA supreme court We tried to find a pro bono lawyer, but no one would take the case... I tried applying for her, it was bust...

It doesn't matter if they don't recognize it. Just because she isn't entitled to a state subsidy doesn't mean she isn't entitled to the Federal IV e part. Contact North American Council on Adoptable Children (NACAC) at 651-644-3036 or their subsidy help line at 800-470-6665, or e-mail them at adoption.assistance@nacac.org and explain MJ's adoption and all her special needs.

Just remember one $50,000 hospital stay with a 10% copay is a killer and with the subsidy or your state's special children's health care you won't be out that $10,000 copay.

Wow, it sounds like this is a stressful time for you. Hope your family gets through the move OK. It's good that you are able to ask for help.

I have had good results with Neurontin, but don't take it on a regular basis. I will be careful not to take too much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter