Drying a bouquet! HELP!!!!!

marywdw

Mouseketeer
Please help!!! I am leaving tomorrow for my Disney wedding (YAY!) :goodvibes and I want to know the best way to dry my bouquet? I have heard hanging it upside down, hairspray???? What do you all think!
Thanks!!!! ;)

a lot depends on the flowers - some dry well, some don't! Also, the the blooms have been wired they don't dry well as the petals have been pierced. When I got married (OK, it was a LOOONG time ago) the florist set aside some of "my" flowers - roses, freesias, gyp, stephanotis - which the lady from the craft centre collected on that morning and took away to dry. So I didn't have the whole bouquet (they were BIG in 1990 :lmao: ) but had a few choice blooms set against a piece of the fabric from my dress. My mum also took the bouquet round (what was left of it!) on the Monday and she was able to dry a few of the flowers, and some of the ivy (apparently she ironed it!) so there are some bits I carried as well :)

Is there a local service which will dry it for you while you enjoy your honeymoon? If not, I'd suggest picking off a few of the flowers and pressing them - not so pretty but you would have them then (you've just got time to pop to a craft shop and buy a press :lmao: don't forget some blotting paper or kitchen towel ;) )

But as mine was so long ago I'm sure things have moved on. Have you asked the florist making the bouquet?

I agree with Mazda, if the bloom is wired, it's isn't as successful. Silica Gel is a drying agent. You have to take the blooms off the stems, and dry them in a plastic shoe box. Layer silica gel on the bottom, then the blooms, then cover with silica gel. Labor intensive, but they look great. Then you use the blooms in an arrangement, like a shadow box with other memories, and have that as the keepsake.

If you want o dry the whole thing intact, I have heard that sometimes, depending on the flowers, hanging upside down can work. Maybe someone from the Disney Weddings can give other suggestions.

Congrats on your wedding!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter