DS wants to come with...if he backs out....

daisyx3

DIS Veteran
I am looking at the 5 night Fantasy in July 2020 or one of the 7 nights in early June. My youngest is making noise about "family vacations that aren't family vacations". It's hard to tell if he is kidding because sarcasm runs strong in our family. I won't go into a lot of detail but if we do book him with us and then he gets a job (he graduates from college in May of 2020) would it be easy to take him off of the reservation?

I have read that it is much easier to drop a passenger than to add one. I would watch the PIF dates very closely for refunds. Also, get trip insurance to cover cancel for any reason.

You can cancel him up until the final payment date and get a full refund of his deposit and any fare you have paid, unless you are booked in Concierge (in which case the deposit is non-refundable).

If you are not sure that he will know before final payment whether he is going, then it might be prudent to get Cancel for Any Reason insurance.

It is better to book then cancel if necessary than to wait to book him. If you wait, fares may go up, and it is possible that the muster station for your cabin could fill up so that you wouldn’t be able to add a passenger.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter