Dublin to Disney on foot (Comments Welcome)

pad406

DIS Veteran
So, I'm going to walk to Disney, from Ireland! Well, ok not actually walk, there's a rather large pond called the Atlantic in the way. But I need something to help get my lazy backside off the couch and onto the road so I don't look like a beached whale at Blizzard Beach in December/January next.

I suspect my issue is the same as most people in the mid-late 40's (and probably many others also). Too much food, too little movement and the age old excuse, too little time. So the other day I spotted someone's trip report about 'Walk-ing back to to Disney'. Turns out it was family called the Walk's and their trip report. I hope they don't mind that I took inspiration from their title.

So, back to the task in hand. As I cannot actually walk to Disney, I wondered could I walk the distance. Turns out no, well at least not in the time frame that I have. According to Google maps it's 6565km from my door to the door of the Boardwalk Inn as the crow flies (it's actually 6565.65, spooky). So in 117 days I'd have to walk 56km a day on average. Bit far, and a bit time consuming. Undaunted I came up with the idea of doing it based on time. So an average of 56 minutes a day it is. So to try and motivate myself I'm going to record my progress as I go along.

Anyone care to join me? Get your name in lights on the top post, destination, progress to date, time(distance) left? Come on, off the couch and on the road!

My Journey

w2djourney1612.png

Roll of Honor

w2dgroup1612.png

Copied to here from Community board on suggestion of 'Lisa Loves Pooh', so hello everybody :wave2:

Sounds like fun actually.

From St. Louis, Missouri to Walt Disney World
I have 376 days till my trip, and 1073 Miles

This equals out to 2.85 miles per day.

~Allora

Sounds like fun actually.

From St. Louis, Missouri to Walt Disney World
I have 376 days till my trip, and 1073 Miles

This equals out to 2.85 miles per day.

~Allora

Welcome aboard the walking train :) If you want to give updates I'll add you to my sheet and show it on the roll of honor. No pressure, OK I lie, loads of pressure, keeps you focused, lets go :lmao:

Ok, no walk last night, typical Irish rain, the type that really soaks you. But 63m tonight, so catching up a bit. Poor old Bobbie (my dog) is sleeping it off now ;) For anybody who knows Ireland I'm probably getting close to Portlaoise now.

35m more this lunch time. Cant really squeeze any more in, but then again, it's a lot more than I've done before.

total so far 133 minutes

Added,

Thursday a bad day for me, my one night out, and it's lashing rain again, so no lunch walk.

Good hour and a half today. Lovely warm autumn day, may was well make the most of it, won't last too long.

Bobbie, knackered again, :lmao:

8/30 1.02 miles
8/31 2.82 miles

I figure by now I should be somewhere around 17.1 miles.
In total I have 12.04 miles.

I'm behind by 5.06 miles. However tomorrow I'm taking the little one to the zoo, so we'll see how the mileage turns out then.

8/30 1.02 miles
8/31 2.82 miles

I figure by now I should be somewhere around 17.1 miles.
In total I have 12.04 miles.

I'm behind by 5.06 miles. However tomorrow I'm taking the little one to the zoo, so we'll see how the mileage turns out then.

Well done Allora.

I had a good day today, 35m at lunch and 45m this evening so 80m in total. So now I'm only 30m behind target and best of all, I'm in the Atlantic :cool1:

Well done Allora.

I had a good day today, 35m at lunch and 45m this evening so 80m in total. So now I'm only 30m behind target and best of all, I'm in the Atlantic :cool1:

You're doing great! Time for a swim ;)

9/1 I did 5.5 miles today.
That means that I should be at 19.95 miles. In total I'm at 17.54. I'm making up the gap, now I'm only behind by 2.41 miles. I can make that up no problem.

9/3 2.61 miles
9/4 3.29 miles

Still 1.42 behind. Didn't get as caught up as I would have liked, but I am getting there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!