"Duck, Duck, Brown Anole!" The Newlyweds Visit Disney World...Again! 1/23/12-1/31/12

Bummer on the job, Kira! But yay for school! :goodvibes Love your silver lining ending!!

Just so you know you are 'not alone' in your experience - I had one when I was 19, and in college. The asst manager had asked me out several times of which I politely declined each time - I think he was 21-ish. Anyway - conveniently - I was fired for poor customer service the next week and had I been 'more smart' back then (in other words if I'd known then what I know now) I still would have left but I wouldn't have signed the paper that he pushed under my nose when he told me. Anyone that knows me knows I am a 'helper' by nature and could talk to a brick wall... :rotfl: Lesson learned and I STILL didn't go out on a date with him. ;) You are wise to stick out your two weeks and take the "I resigned" road. Something better will come along and be more deserving of your talents! :hug:

Bummer on the job, Kira! But yay for school! :goodvibes Love your silver lining ending!!

Just so you know you are 'not alone' in your experience - I had one when I was 19, and in college. The asst manager had asked me out several times of which I politely declined each time - I think he was 21-ish. Anyway - conveniently - I was fired for poor customer service the next week and had I been 'more smart' back then (in other words if I'd known then what I know now) I still would have left but I wouldn't have signed the paper that he pushed under my nose when he told me. Anyone that knows me knows I am a 'helper' by nature and could talk to a brick wall... :rotfl: Lesson learned and I STILL didn't go out on a date with him. ;) You are wise to stick out your two weeks and take the "I resigned" road. Something better will come along and be more deserving of your talents! :hug:

Thanks. That situation was really yucky! I am sorry you had to go through that.

I definitely think there was something fishy going on at my work. Josh thinks that the general manager and salon manager wanted me to quit to take the pressure off of them. If someone leaves and things magically get better, then it looks like that person was the source of the trouble. Even if that wasn't the case, I don't deserve to be treated like that. Don't tell me I am an awesome worker one week and then tell me I suck (and have always sucked) the next week. Anyway, thanks for the support :goodvibes

Kira, sorry to hear about the job. Totally unacceptable turnaround on their part. I think they were trying to find a scapegoat for their faults. Good luck with the class search. When in September are you going to Disney?

Kira, sorry to hear about the job. Totally unacceptable turnaround on their part. I think they were trying to find a scapegoat for their faults. Good luck with the class search. When in September are you going to Disney?

Thanks. I am going with my mom, sister, and sister-in-law at the end of September-beginning of October. I am so excited for food and wine!

Thanks. I am going with my mom, sister, and sister-in-law at the end of September-beginning of October. I am so excited for food and wine!

Yes, I remember your Mom and I talking about that. I'm going to miss you guys by about five days. :sad2:

Oh Kira, that is so totally unfair! :scared1:
But I think sticking it out there shows them a lot about you! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you going back to school though! :worship:

Aww man! This seems to be the day of bad news on the Dis today! :sad2: I'm really sorry about the job situation, but good for you for taking the higher road. And also, good luck on going back to school!

Hey there, I just found your report and I love it! Your home mini zoo is amazing! We also look for salamanders, newts, snails, bunnies, ducks, etc at Disney. They always seem to be around and we love it! I didn't even know that little guy was called an anole. Very interesting!

Your food pics made me very hungry. I just love those Turkey Legs so much. I'm so mad I didn't know about the nutella waffles until after our latest trip. That is on my must do list for next time.

I can't believe it took you 3 hours to get from the Poly to Pop. That's ridiculous, and I'm so glad you got good customer service from Disney & free FPs. We used to rent a car for our Disney trips but free transportation just seems so much better than paying $250 for that. Plus I love the Disney busses... when they don't take forever, that is.

Sorry about your work situation... I hope everything works out for you and you can go to Disney in Sept! That's when we are hoping to go as well. The F&W fest is our fave. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter