Dumb newbie question -

SyrCinderella

Mouseketeer
Is is possible to get a room close to arrival date? We are booked at BCV for our first trip as DVC members a week from Sunday and I just cant wait - do you guys think it might be possible to add next Sat night? And I assume MS is closed on Monday?

Thanks to everyone for all your advice!

SyrCinderella said:
Is is possible to get a room close to arrival date? We are booked at BCV for our first trip as DVC members a week from Sunday and I just cant wait - do you guys think it might be possible to add next Sat night? And I assume MS is closed on Monday?

Thanks to everyone for all your advice!

Villas are sometimes available on short notice, as a matter of fact there have been some members on the boards that have done walk-ins at the resort and have gotten a room for the night. I think Saturday night is probably easier that other days of the week becaus eof the higher point value.

I think the rooms are turned over to CRO 30 days out for Disney to rent to others but MS can book them if they have someone making a reservation.

Good luck extending your trip.

vascubaguy said:
hrmm... can you book DVC rooms thru CRO for $ and get the 25% discount?

Nope.

That said, CRO discounts have been known to exceed 25%, but I think those days are past with the tourism rebound. And you normally have to book weeks in advance to get an AP rate.

Additionally, when you book through CRO there is no way to link the DVC and CRO reservations. That means there is a good likelihood that you'll have to switch rooms between the two stays. If all is booked through DVC, they can link the reservations together and there is no need to move.

Thanks for your replies - I will try calling to see what MS has available. If they do have something and we have to change rooms or resorts - I have read that Disney will move your bags for you. How does that work? If you have groceries, will they move them also?

I can't wait - our daughter is at SSR this morning, and we woke up to the sound of our cell phone telling us we had received a picture. Nice way to wake up - the studio she's in looks really nice! :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter