Dumb question about Canadian Maple Cookies

Sarah'sMomfrom PA

Welcomed Guest<br><font color=red>Mutters about dr
Sorry in advance if this question is really dumb and stupid but we did an Alaskan cruise which ended in Vancouver, BC and upon flying out, we bought 2 boxes of Maple cream cookies at the Vancouver airport (Hudson News store) and I have to say that they were the best cookies that I have ever had....the filling was so creamy and delicious. Unfortunately, I only bought two boxes (one for us and one for a friend) and the box got thrown away and I have no idea who even made these cookies and I am looking for some guidance from our Canadian disboard friends! Thanks in advance.

Try google Canadian Maple Cream cookies and look at the pictures of the boxes. Maybe you will recognize the box? I normally just buy the Dare ones at the grocery store.

The brands vary the name between "Maple Leaf", "Maple Cream" and "Maple Leaf Cream" cookies. The most common brands in Canada are Dare, Leclerc (in Quebec) and Christie, but most grocery chains also offer a home-brand variety. A quick Google Images search shows that Trader Joe's offers the same cookies. They do not have stores in Canada so I presume they sell them in the U.S.

The brands vary the name between "Maple Leaf", "Maple Cream" and "Maple Leaf Cream" cookies. The most common brands in Canada are Dare, Leclerc (in Quebec) and Christie, but most grocery chains also offer a home-brand variety. A quick Google Images search shows that Trader Joe's offers the same cookies. They do not have stores in Canada so I presume they sell them in the U.S.
I think the OP is referring to the Maple Cream cookies at the duty free shops that are WAY more expensive than the grocery store variety. Those ones are usually made with REAL maple syrup.

I think the OP is referring to the Maple Cream cookies at the duty free shops that are WAY more expensive than the grocery store variety. Those ones are usually made with REAL maple syrup.
Outside of Dare, I'm pretty sure all the brands I mentioned all claim they are made with "Real Pure Maple Syrup" (they do not mention the glucose-fructose or the HFCS on the front of box) and are similar to what is sold at the airport. All the maple products I've ever seen in those specialty shops are the same as what is available everywhere, but they are packaged differently and priced for tourists.

I believe maple cookies sold in QC must be made with real maple to have the word érable (maple) in their name. Therefore, must be the sane thing elsewhere in Canada. We are very fussy here with our maple products!

Was it this?

65928663331_1_default_default.jpg

https://www.vancouver-dutyfree.ca/en/maple-cream-cookies

Also, here is the link to the Hudson News site. There are 4 store photos on top. Perhaps if one looks familiar, and you know where you picked them up, you might be able to see the box/bag in the photo?

http://www.yvr.ca/en/passengers/shop-dine-and-services/301

Last edited:
I believe maple cookies sold in QC must be made with real maple to have the word érable (maple) in their name. Therefore, must be the sane thing elsewhere in Canada. We are very fussy here with our maple products!
Don't think that's strictly Quebecois -- or perhaps i'm a maple snob Ontarian . Not sure how one of my kids will only use that sticky brown syrup wanna be that passes as maple syrup in a plastic bottle!!!! I'm the same with vinegar for my fries, gotta be malt all the way or I'm not being a true Canuck in my mind.

OOPS way off topic sorry :P

We also bought a few bags of the ketchup chips at the Hudson News location! We don't have those in the US. Also bought some awesome candy in Vancouver and French macaroons on Robson Street....we may just have to make a trip back to Vancouver to stock up. Thanks for all of the replies!

We also bought a few bags of the ketchup chips at the Hudson News location! We don't have those in the US. Also bought some awesome candy in Vancouver and French macaroons on Robson Street....we may just have to make a trip back to Vancouver to stock up. Thanks for all of the replies!

We Canadians do have a few unique options. I hope you got some real Smarties (provided you like chocolate). My son loves ketchup chips. It is one of the few flavours I can't stand (any more, ate them all the time growing up). He thinks the Lays ones are the best.

Don't think that's strictly Quebecois -- or perhaps i'm a maple snob Ontarian . Not sure how one of my kids will only use that sticky brown syrup wanna be that passes as maple syrup in a plastic bottle!!!! I'm the same with vinegar for my fries, gotta be malt all the way or I'm not being a true Canuck in my mind.

OOPS way off topic sorry :P

Never had maple syrup from ON, only MEDIUM from QC or VT (when in the USA). We are very lucky since my MIL gives us 8 cans every year for Easter from her ex-colleague's family-owned sugar shack. It's sooo good! Now, can you imagine some Mickey waffles with REAL maple syrup, not that cheap fake syrup most call maple syrup?!? I think I will bring a small bottle next time we visit WDW or DLR!

Sorry OP for the off-topic post!

Outside of Dare, I'm pretty sure all the brands I mentioned all claim they are made with "Real Pure Maple Syrup" (they do not mention the glucose-fructose or the HFCS on the front of box) and are similar to what is sold at the airport. All the maple products I've ever seen in those specialty shops are the same as what is available everywhere, but they are packaged differently and priced for tourists.
Dare ARE made with maple syrup. https://www.darefoods.com/ca_en/product/dare-ultimate-maple-crme/391
Leclerc are NOT made with maple syrup. https://leclerc.ca/en/tradition-1905/maple-leaf

They have Dare maple cookies in the Canada pavilion in Epcot. You get a whole box for a snack credit.

I may be biased but Vancouver is the BEST city in Canada. Lol ;)
Glad to hear you had a great time! Macarons are my fave.

I saw Dare brand Maple Leaf Creme Cookies at both Wegmans and WalMart today. I'm in New Jersey

In a pinch, I like the Canadian Maple Cookies from Trader Joes. They are pretty good and made in Canada.

Never had maple syrup from ON, only MEDIUM from QC or VT (when in the USA). We are very lucky since my MIL gives us 8 cans every year for Easter from her ex-colleague's family-owned sugar shack. It's sooo good! Now, can you imagine some Mickey waffles with REAL maple syrup, not that cheap fake syrup most call maple syrup?!? I think I will bring a small bottle next time we visit WDW or DLR!

Sorry OP for the off-topic post!

We brought real maple syrup with us for our most recent WDW trip, but did not need to use it ! We were given real maple syrup with our Mickey Waffles at both WDW and on our DCL cruise.

SW

We brought real maple syrup with us for our most recent WDW trip, but did not need to use it ! We were given real maple syrup with our Mickey Waffles at both WDW and on our DCL cruise.

SW

Where at WDW because I’ve only seen the fake stuff on all my trips staying onsite. I’m less surprised for DCL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!