Dumb Question-DLR hotels...do their lobbies smell as amazing as WDW resort hotels?

Little E

DIS Veteran
I apologize, as this is probably a really silly question, but I can't help but wonder...do the lobbies of the DLR hotels-PPH, DLH, and GCH-smell as good as the WDW resort lobbies? Do they each have a distinct fragrance like the WDW hotels do?

Part of what makes staying on site at WDW hotels so amazing is the fragrance in each of the lobbies. My favorites are POFQ and GF. We are staying at the DLH in August, and I'm hoping that the lobbies in the DL hotels smell as amazing as the WDW resorts do!

I've stayed at GCH, PPH a long time ago (maybe 10 years), and have only walked through the DLH lobby. I didn't notice a fragrance in any of them... sorry. Maybe it's just my nose though. Maybe others will chime in if they remember anything.

Yeah, I have stayed at the DLH and walked through GCH a few times and do not recall a distinct fragrance in either of them

PPH does or used to smell of an old fashioned Coppertone smell at the side/back automatic doors.

But I personally dislike how the WDW lobbies smell; the ones that hae a smell. All I've noticed is the water/chlorine smell at POFQ and I notice nothing at GF, of the two you mentioned.

Bay Lake's smell actually makes me ill, and it takes multiple washings to get it out of my clothes after a stay. I remember noticing a smell at Boardwalk, but it was just chemicals, not nice.

So...I'm glad I smell nothing at DLH and even the Grand.

I didn't smell anything at DLH, but I count that as a positive. While I like some fragrances in my home, I'm sensitive to many of them and can't handle anything too strong.

PPH has a beachy, fresh ocean type of smell. I've seen Mousekeeping sprinkling carpet "deodorizer/fragrance" on the hallway carpets while cleaning/vacuuming during our stays there. I love the smell!
It may be my imagination but GCH has a faint woodsy/outdoorsy type of smell. But again, haven't stayed there YET until our trip in July so don't know for sure.

When I stayed at GCH I never noticed any smell; but then I didn't notice at the hotels I stayed at in WDW 2 years ago either.

I've never noticed any, and I'm extremely sensitive to such things. I prefer that they not use anything for that reason!

GC smells like Wilderness Lodge, so if you pick up any special scent at WL, it would smell the same. If there is an added smell at WL, I never realized it.

We usually stay at DLH. We love it there. I've never noticed any strong scent.

I'm very allergic to the smell at BC at WDW. There is nothing like that at DLR that I have smelled, and I hope that never shows up at DLR. I can only be in there a few minutes because otherwise I get all congested, and my head starts hurting, and my chest feels tight.

I’ve stayed GCH, DLH & BC. BC has that a scent for sure. Never noticed a scent at GCH (multiple stays) or DLH (2 stays).

PPH has sort of a sunblock lotion scent and Grand Californian smells faintly woodsy. I went to Disneyland Hotel but I didn’t notice an obvious smell. Just sort of clean smelling.

Thanks, everyone, for your feedback! It sounds like there really isn't a signature lobby fragrance (other than money :tongue:) at the DLH. I can survive without the lobby fragrances that the WDW hotels have!

I've stayed at GCH, PPH a long time ago (maybe 10 years), and have only walked through the DLH lobby. I didn't notice a fragrance in any of them... sorry. Maybe it's just my nose though. Maybe others will chime in if they remember anything.
I am looking at these other posts and how can you not smell the lobby of the grand Californian! It's a memory smell! I never walk through the doors when I arrive, I smell my arrival! My favorite smell!

I am looking at these other posts and how can you not smell the lobby of the grand Californian! It's a memory smell! I never walk through the doors when I arrive, I smell my arrival! My favorite smell!
Maybe my sense of smell just isn't that strong? I'll try to smell extra hard next month when we arrive :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts