DVC 321 Area Code

bobbiwoz

I'm happy to dance with you!
A message was left on our phone, saying it was DVC calling back regarding a letter/e-mail we sent to DVC. However, the call back number has area code 321, and that's from Cocoa Beach...east coast of Florida. Has anyone gotten a message to call back DVC in that area?
Bobbi

While most of Brevard County is in area code 321, there are still some areas of Orange County--location of WDW--that have 321 area codes even though most of Orange County is area code 407.

Funny you should say that. I got a call from my guide yesterday to discuss the new DVC out here in CA. My Caller ID said Disneyland Hotel. (DVC offices are right next door). Makes sense to me...

OK, I just hope that this call center is really DVC and not some set-up to deal with generic complaints. I hope DVC at least listens to what members say. It took about 3 months, but a major problem that I did have was straightened out. Maybe it took that long to find the correct ear.

Bobbi:goodvibes

When I was thinking of buying an add-on at AKV my guide called me from VB. I remember it surprising me.

OP here, and today the CM called me back, and we did chat about the concerns that prompted the e-mail...the addtional fees for Disney hotels and the change in banking, and also, the problems in booking/changing and having both the new and the original ressie "disappear."

I'm most concerned regarding banking and losing ressies, and the CM listened and assured me that MS is listening to what members have to say and working on the ressie problem.

321 is also the area code for Celebration and I know there are some DVC offices there.

The 321 area code is popping up in cell phone numbers all over Orlando. We're in Celebration and everyone has 321 numbers as land lines and I can look out my window and see the buildings with DVC and the Cruise Line. It's the first time I've seen one city with 2 area codes.
John

The 321 area code is popping up in cell phone numbers all over Orlando. We're in Celebration and everyone has 321 numbers as land lines and I can look out my window and see the buildings with DVC and the Cruise Line. It's the first time I've seen one city with 2 area codes.
John

I am assuming it is an "overlay" system, where the 321 area is dispersed throughout the area, rather than there being a physical dividing line between 407 and 321. Houston uses this type of system. It requires dialing 10 digits for every number instead of 7, much like a VoiP (Voice Over Internet Protocol) phone line.

Orlando calls--even within area code 407--require an area code prefix. Otherwise you get the screech and an error message.

321 is an DVC upper management area code as well. Not that having those numbers has done me much good as apparently returning phone calls to members isn't a strong point of DVC.

OP here, and today the CM called me back, and we did chat about the concerns that prompted the e-mail...the addtional fees for Disney hotels and the change in banking, and also, the problems in booking/changing and having both the new and the original ressie "disappear."

I'm most concerned regarding banking and losing ressies, and the CM listened and assured me that MS is listening to what members have to say and working on the ressie problem.

I'm glad your experience has been apparently better than mine with return phone calls from Member Services.

Off to still wait for a call back. :sad2: It's only Thursday so I suppose by DVC standards it's still a couple of days from last Saturday. :sad2:

I recall the last time that I spoke with my DVC guide, she told me that some guides are starting to work out of their home as well. She told me more related to it, but I really didn't pay as much attention to that part of the converstation since it wasn't why I had called her. So, I'm wondering if that could be the case.

321 is an DVC upper management area code as well. Not that having those numbers has done me much good as apparently returning phone calls to members isn't a strong point of DVC.

I'm glad your experience has been apparently better than mine with return phone calls from Member Services.

Off to still wait for a call back. :sad2: It's only Thursday so I suppose by DVC standards it's still a couple of days from last Saturday. :sad2:

Cindy - NO WAY!!! you still have not gotten your issue handled. This is absolutely unbelievable. I am rootin' for you.

Cindy - NO WAY!!! you still have not gotten your issue handled. This is absolutely unbelievable. I am rootin' for you.

No, Erin, we haven't had anyone really tell us anything substantial.

Jon Garcia contacted me, by his choosing on 8/28/07. I talked to him more than 2 weeks later when he finally found the time to return his original call. I spoke to Marcy Reed, Jon Garcia's boss, on Saturday night. Marcy told me, actually promised me, that she would return my call in a couple of days once she looked into everything.

Still waiting. :sad2:

At this point, it's almost comical in a weird way. I can't believe these are the people in management at DVC.

And, I've now realized that we truly do own a "timeshare". :eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter