DVC Annual Pass discount expiration date

rcs

Mouseketeer
Hello fellow DIS Boarders!

Last fall I purchased several of the "Platinum Plus Annual Pass at the price of a Gold Pass" passes last year for the family.

I was of the opinion that these had to be first used/activated by 12/31/2018. However, in My Disney Experience, I see them as "Expires 12/31/2030". Does anyone know if I really have 12 years to activate these?

The reason I ask is that we were planning a couple of trips to WDW starting in October. It's starting to look like those trips may have to be delayed, and it would be especially helpful if I could delay activation of those annual passes past the end of this year.

Thanks!

AFAIK, what doesn't expire is the value of the voucher. What does expire on 12/31/2018, is the offer to exchange it for a Platinum Plus pass. If you don't exchange it by the end of 2018, when you do go to exchange it, you will either get a Gold Pass or have to pay the difference between what you paid for the voucher and whatever pass you decide to purchase (Gold, Platinum, etc.). I don't know which option Disney uses. I just know that the original amount you paid doesn't expire.

Last edited:
Reactions: rcs
The way I understand it, on 1/1/2019 or after your platinum plus "voucher' is worth what you paid for it, as credit towards what ever the then current passes cost. ie if a GOLD pass in 2019 is $650 and you paid the $595 you will need to pay the additional cost of $55.

The system always shows an end date of December 31, 2030, for any AP that has not yet been activated, including not just the one you have, which requires activation by end of 2018, but also any renewal APs which have not yet been activated but have a known end date of one year after your exsiting AP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!