DVC AP "Certificate" Redemption

CDKG

DIS Veteran
Late last year, I took advantage of the DVC Member Platinum Plus Pass discount. I immediately attached the "certificate" number to my MDE account. I think I received a letter in the mail later to serve as a paper certificate??? But, now that I am just over a month out from my trip, I have no idea where I put it!

Do I need the paper certificate to activate my AP? Or, since it's already attached to my MDE account, am I okay? Should I be calling DVC or WDW to check or have them resend the "certificate"?

Thanks in advance! I'm hoping I'm not the only one to find themselves in this situation.

If it is linked to your MDE account you are all set, might want to print out a screen shot of it just encase.

I was given a confirmation number over the phone and added it to MDE for 3 renewals. Never saw a physical certificate or voucher. Activated them last week at a guest services window, no problem.

We renewed during the same deal. It was attached our MDE account. All we had to show was our DVC card and photo ID to activate our Ap at Guest Services.

When we activated ours in june at guest services in Magic kingdom I did not have a certificate but I did have them linked in MDE. I also just needed my membership card and my ID.

Thank you all for your feedback! I will no longer stress about finding my paper certificate. I'm sure I put it with something I would need when it comes time to pack, so it may still turn up. But, if it doesn't, I won't worry about it. Thanks again!

I was given a confirmation number over the phone and added it to MDE for 3 renewals. Never saw a physical certificate or voucher. Activated them last week at a guest services window, no problem.

Same here. I bought over the phone and the CM told me 3 confirmation numbers. Never even got an email or anything (which is really weird). Thank goodness I actually wrote the numbers down! Linked to MDE and showed ID and DVC card to convert.

PSA - please make sure they have your AP listed first on your account if you have multiple tickets. And please check with the CM at turnstile to make sure it is correct. Mine have been messed up 2 years in a row (even though I specifically ask) - Disney is just itching to get rid of my 10 day PH WP non-expiring tickets. Many vacation minutes wasted at customer relations... They will have to pry those tickets from my cold, almost dead fingers lol.

I bought over the phone and the CM told me 3 confirmation numbers. Never even got an email or anything (which is really weird). Thank goodness I actually wrote the numbers down! Linked to MDE and showed ID and DVC card to convert.

I agree, but even when I haven't written them down, they were able to track them down once I called Member Services. Keep in mind, that the Cast Members at Disney World WANT to help you. That is their job. Most of them very much enjoy their job and they want you to enjoy your Disney Vacation, so they will often work with you a little bit. But you do need to meet certain requirements, such as your membership number and Driver's License, or Passport, etc.

I didn't remember receiving anything, and I was more than a little scared! I kept my credit card receipt to prove they'd charged me for one, that's the only thing I had. However, all I needed was to give them my name, credit card used to buy it, and picture ID (and I think DVC card). Whew!

I didn't remember receiving anything, and I was more than a little scared! I kept my credit card receipt to prove they'd charged me for one, that's the only thing I had. However, all I needed was to give them my name, credit card used to buy it, and picture ID (and I think DVC card). Whew!

Yeah, what could go wrong, eh?

I just added the confirmation number to MDE immediately so I could have some visual representation of what I bought. Plus that way it's linked to big brother my account.

Same situation as OP, I had asked via chat if I needed to activate anything when we went 2 weeks ago, because we were getting in very late the night before and then had a PPO breakfast. Chat said, go ahead and scan and enter the park, you should be fine. And ... nope. We were diverted to guest services to "activate" the passes, at which point we also got our plastic AP cards. You will need all MBs to be scanned, etc. It didn't take long at all but you *do* need to go to guest services to activate them.

What if you renew a DVC AP in person at WDW inside the -60 window? Is it activated immediately or is it also a “notional” AP that still needs activation prior to your first gate passage at sometime after your existing AP expiration?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!