DVC APs whenyour kid turns 18

funcinderella

DIS Veteran
Hi all. Does anyone know if you are still able to buy DVC APs once your kids turn 18, assuming they still live in the same household? Mine turn 18 next month and I was going to buy them APs for their birthday. Never thought of this when I bought the DVC in 2005! 2019 seemed so far away lol

Yes, you can, but they will need a photo ID when you go to activate them at Disney. DD19 had to bring her passport as she doesn't have a drivers license yet.

Yes, you can, but they will need a photo ID when you go to activate them at Disney. DD19 had to bring her passport as she doesn't have a drivers license yet.

When you activate them, do you know if you have to go to one of the 4 major parks, or can you do it at a Water Park if you have the Platinum Plus Pass?

When you activate them, do you know if you have to go to one of the 4 major parks, or can you do it at a Water Park if you have the Platinum Plus Pass?

Wow. Great question. People usually say Guest Services, which at the parks is a separate window. Hmm

I'd be beyond shocked if they couldn't activate your APs at the water parks. Put it this way, I'd be pretty [insert inappropriate verb] if I bought platinum plus APs for the family, showed up at Typhon Lagoon in swimsuits, and were sent to disney springs or another park to first activate them.

Did your DD have to show some sort of document to indicate she was still living at your address, since Passports don't have addresses on them?

Did your DD have to show some sort of document to indicate she was still living at your address, since Passports don't have addresses on them?
No, she didn't, but she was with us when her pass was activated. (She had recently turned 18 at that point.) Our addresses are handwritten in the passports under 'personal data and emergency contact', but I don't know if they looked at that page, I think they just looked at her picture and then used our ID's and Member card.

If they are still part of your household and have ID with your address you are good to go.

Our daughter lives close to her college and was going to change her driver license . Would that be a problem when she goes to activate her pass this december? We would be with her.

If she lives close to college, she is NOT living at your address, so I would think she is no longer able to get a DVC AP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter