DVC Booth Representatives

Disney Fanatic

DVC Member-OKW Resort
Does anyone know how you become one of those DVC members that stands at the booths in the parks and sells DVC?

I wonder if they get paid or if they get some sort of incentive for doing that?

I know they must get some sort of referral fee as they insisted on making an appointment for us and it seemed like they were getting something??

Just curious
Thanks

I've bumped into a former WDW coworker of mine twice now, once at the DVC desk in the lobby of SSR and once at a DVC booth in DtD. In his particular case, he has been with WDW for well over 10 years. He (and I) started off in WDW Resorts merchandise (read: "cashier"). He worked his way up the ladder into merchandising management, but prefers his nonmanagement role with DVC. It seems to be a coveted position at WDW.

I don't think DVC hires many CMs "off the street" to work the booths but prefers those with lots of WDW working experience. Many of them are DVC members, but that's because they bought in at a significantly reduced CM rate, not because they were members who were then hired to sell DVC. (That would be great, though, wouldn't it?)

I think they have quotas and/or goals to meet in order to get incentives above and beyond their FT salaries, which is why they're eager for you to schedule a tour when you speak with them. But they do get paid regardless, which is why they aren't/shouldn't be too agressive about it.

Thanks for all your great info.

I honestly thought that because their badges say where they are from that they were DVC owners hired specifically for the DVC booths in the parks.

Thanks for the info.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter