DVC California?

shellbelle1971

7 young DIS-ers in our castle
What do y'all think the probablility is of a California DVC resort? I'm just thinking about it because if Disney ever builds one there that will SERIOUSLY increase the # of points that would be best for our family.

Right now we'll probably go from Utah (home) to Orlando once every 2 or maybe 3 years with 6 kids plus one set of grandparents. But if a DVC property were built in CA, we'd go every 6 months. (Driving vs flying cost being the major difference for us.)

Am I just fantasizing here? Or is this a real possibility?

Michelle

Slim to none would be my guess. At one time, it was considered but the property was sold to Marriott and became Marriott's Newport Coast Villas.

Last time we were at Disney we asked our guide about it and even though he's very vague about any rumors on upcoming resorts, he said DVC at Disneyland was a real possibility, that DVC sales out there are going great. Let's keep our fingers crossed!

I also asked one of the CMs when we were there at DL. She indicated that a DL DVC is just a rumor right now, but is something that is desired. The major obstacle being onsite land to build. They did acquire the strawberry fields and that is a possible site (if Disney doesn't use it for something else).

So who knows... it could definately happen.

That would be great! I wouldn't buy more points, but I would love to be able to book there for a trip sometime. It is a bit too far for us to make it there very often, but we have been a couple of times and would love to go again sometime. I hope this happens.

DJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter