Dvc cruise with points

Hewolf

Earning My Ears
I have a question for a friend. He used his DVC points to book a Disney cruise. I was wondering if he would be able to move the sale date without losing his points. I fully expect there to be a fee involved for moving your cruise, but I wanted to make sure that if she made changes to the sail date he would not lose his DVC points.

This is one of the reasons many of us advise against cruising on points. Modifications are considered cancels and rebookings and you often lose points.

Wow, yikes! I’ve never looked at that before! I do not see us ever cruising on points because our small direct contract bought for membership would not get us far, but interesting.... and yuck...

When many of us recommend not seeing points as a cruising option save in rare cases, there are SO MANY REASONS. The saga of the guy who was on one of the hurricane-impacted trips booked with points is another lesson on the issues.

I can't find the thread right now, hopefully someone else can. But, basically, they did the sailing where they changed the dates and maybe made it shorter and were giving cash guests refunds or OBC or letting them switch without penalty?

Not the DVC points booking.

Guy was NOT happy, and fairly so.

I can't find the thread right now, hopefully someone else can. But, basically, they did the sailing where they changed the dates and maybe made it shorter and were giving cash guests refunds or OBC or letting them switch without penalty?

Not the DVC points booking.

Guy was NOT happy, and fairly so.
We won’t be doing this!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!