DVC dining discount @ Olivia's gone???

Ksp

DIS Veteran
Just thought I'd see if anyone else ran into this...we were just at OKW the first week of November.

I am a fan of the portable perks list you get at check-in and take it with me while at Disney.

We ran into a discrepancy over discounts while having dinner at OKW's Olivia's.

...although it's listed in the perk pages as giving DVC members a discount on dining, our waiter said the discount was discontinued as of Nov. 1, 2004.

It won't be active again until the New Year, Jan 1, 2005.

Something about a contract running out.

Anyone else have any info on this?

Have to admit, I went to eat there because I would get a discount. (Yes, I am the eternal bargain hunter....if they offer me a discount, I will be much more likely to eat there.)

Certainly didn't like being told that my DVC info wasn't correct - the perks were listed accurate for October - December....and since we stayed at OKW, the large newpaper-style perk pages also listed Olivia's giving a DVC discount.

I plan to email DVC about it - just wondering if anyone else has run into this before. :confused:

I think I would have pushed the issue. Contract issue or not, you had the discount information in writing. It should have been honored.

Let us know what you find out. We like going to Olivias for an early dinner...with the discount!

Originally posted by Ksp
Just thought I'd see if anyone else ran into this...we were just at OKW the first week of November.

I am a fan of the portable perks list you get at check-in and take it with me while at Disney.

We ran into a discrepancy over discounts while having dinner at OKW's Olivia's.

...although it's listed in the perk pages as giving DVC members a discount on dining, our waiter said the discount was discontinued as of Nov. 1, 2004.

It won't be active again until the New Year, Jan 1, 2005.

Something about a contract running out.

Anyone else have any info on this?"

I probably wouldn't have paid the full freight either. I would have kept escalating until I found a manager who agreed with me. You had something to prove your position written in their own paper so it seems pretty concrete to me.

I had the same issue at Olivia's when I was there. The discount ended 10/31/04 and will resume 01/01/05. I was never able to get a clear answer on why this happened. I WAS able to use my AP discount there, however, which seemed kind of odd. Why would an AP discount contract last longer than the DVC discount at a DVC resort? Anyway, this was the only restaurant I ran in to this problem.

I was at OKW from Nov 2-6 and was told during the check-in process that even though it's listed in the portable perks, that it was no longer in effect. I was disappointed because we usually have a couple meals here.

Wow, unless there is something in the portable perks pages that says, "subject to change without notice" I would have pushed that one!

Originally posted by MiaSRN62
I was at OKW from Nov 2-6 and was told during the check-in process that even though it's listed in the portable perks, that it was no longer in effect. I was disappointed because we usually have a couple meals here.
The CM that checked me in never mentioned it....:(

Wish I had thought about the AP discount -we have those, too. :jester: At the time, we were about to leave for the airport, so I just needed to settle the check and get going.

Just got back from OKW. Had breakfast at Olivias our 1st day there. There's a sign by the check in/hostess station that says the DVC discount will not be honored from Oct. until Jan. Our waiter told us they do this every year...... This was news to us.
By the way....the food was excellent!

Sign or not, MS owes you some return for their posting in the Member Perks page that there is a discount. After all, you could have chosen Olivia's and traveled to it specifically because of the printed reference to a discount. I'd complain loud and clear.

You can always remind MS that they cannot advertise a discount and then, when people come in the door, post a sign that the discount won't be honored. That's a simple bait-and-switch and it's illegal.

The fact that the discount is turned off for a couple of months "every year" makes this error particularly inexcusable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter