• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DVC Discounts

CarolRN

Mouseketeer
Just received word yesterday we passed FROR yesterday! My question is what discounts are offered to DVC members on merchandise and dining? Also, we are going to WDW on Sept 19, how likely is it that we will be in the system as members by then? Just on more question, can we still take the tour if we've already bought? We did all of this sight unseen and would really like to take the tour. Thanks for everyone's help.

Hi and Welcome Home!

The DVC website has all the specific on member's perks, but you won't be able to access it until you are in the system. It took me about 10 days to get in the system, I bought a resale. If you bought directly from Disney I hear it is even faster. Since you are going on 9/19 I feel certain, unless there is some glitch, that you'll be in the system by then. I expect you'll access to the member site so you can read all the specifics on discounts prior to leaving on your trip and plan on which ones you want to avail yourselves of when you visit.

There really are too many perks to list here, but as a quick overview, DVC members benefits include: free valet parking at the DVC resort during their stay, discounts on certain Disney World restaurants (usually 10%, but some places it's 15% and a few are 20%), and discounts on annual passes ($100 savings!). There is no merchandise discount, but there are discounts on a number of other things, such as WDW Tours, Boat rentals, mini golf, regular golf, Cirque du soleil, and spa treatments.

That list was by no means all-inclusive. I don't know if you will still be able to take the tour if you already bought, hopefully someone else will post that information.

Mar' <TABLE borderColor=#ffffff cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width=95 bgColor=#ffffff borderColorLight=#000000 border=1><TBODY><TR><TD noWrap align=middle>Welcome Home</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

As idratherbeinwdw posted, the best info on DVC perks & discounts will be on the members' website. However, if you are at all like me, you hate to wait when you're excited. So until you get in -

WDW Discounts Summary for 2005

I've found the info on this link quite accurate and I also like that it has info on AP/PAP discounts and a link to DDE info as well.

Not sure if you will be in the system by your September trip, but it's certainly possible. If you make it, call MS and ask for a temporary membership card. Not all of the perks/discounts require you to be staying on site for points to qualify for them. But you will need to show your membership card.

Congratulations and welcome home!

We like to use our "blue cards" for dining at Olivia's and getting our AP discount (which gives you a discount on some restaurants and also gives you a discount for the World of Disney Store).

DVC member also allows you to purchase the DDE (dining card for $50 instead of $75). This pays for itself after you've spent about $250 on meals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter