• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DVC @ Disneyland...

brando5111

Mouseketeer
FYI....We were at DL tonight and the guide we spoke to said they are going to have a DVC resort there, she's just not sure if it's going to be "built" or if they will take a block of rooms from The Grand Californian....I think she's not supposed to say one way or the other, from what we could gather, but she said she'd be very surprised if they "didn't" open a resort soon....Uh-huh.....

We also spoke to some new DVC members when we were at Hooks Pointe Wine Cellar (the best kept "real" secret in DL).... ;) .... Anywhoo they said their guide told them that yes, there will be a DVC in LA very soon... :earsboy:

There are very few TS in ths DL area. This would make huge sense!

We are going to LV and the SoCal in April. We are doing DL and the traditional tourist stuff (LA, Hollywood etc) during our 4 days. We are staying at in Newport Beach at the Marriott Newport Coast Villas as there were little other options.

Could they build one on the land where the third gate is rumored to be built?

Jamie, the guide we spoke to, said she's heard rumors of all sorts of different places that DVC will be situated, including the "strawberry fields", Grand Californian, and the Disneyland hotel (I hope not! yuk)..

From what we could gather, I really think they are going to use a block of rooms at the Grand Californian (Jamie just about admitted this, without doing so ;) ), I can believe it, as this is the only resort that would really live up to DVC standards...IMHO... Trust me, the Disneyland Hotel and Paradise Pier, are not that "nice"...they both have that 70's feel about them, no matter what they've done to "rehab".... I would think DVC members would be very dissappointed with accomodations at either of those resorts. But Grand Californian would be very nice indeed. Think more "upscale" Wilderness Lodge...

Oh no. Even though I just did an add-on and now really have enough points to suit my needs, I'd do a 25-point add-on at the Grand Californian if that came up for sale just because I love that place so much and need to "own" a small piece of it.

Question: That's a pretty new resort. Do you think they'd take apart a bunch of rooms, which are currently in good shape, just to make them consistent with the DVC layouts?

...that they might "add on" a small wing to the GC, and make it the DVC. I've been told they built the GC with an idea of eventually expanding -- either to add rooms, or add timeshare units. (And, considering the attendance figures at the California Adventure, they could probably even take a bite out of that park, and turn it over to the GC for a timeshare wing, without anybody complaining...)

I agree with Greg - They could easily remove part of Cali Adventure and nobody would notice!!! ;)

My husband and I wish they'd just bulldoze the whole "pier section" and make it into a mini-world showcase instead, with some nice dining, etc...It would be so much more fun for us adults and I'm sure people would be more receptive to this than the current assortment of "cheap" amusement park rides & games that are currently housed there....

One of their best resorts (GC) with a private entrance into their worst theme park (CA). But now that Ouimet is there it should improve. Its just that he has had his hands full just catching up on the deferred maintenance from the prior management team so the parks would look great for the 50th.

Are the occupancy rates at GC so low that they would take rooms from the existing resort? I thought the resort was a huge success.

DL DVC? Sign me up, for a room! Probably not points, just a room!

:cool1:

There has been a rumor since the Grand Californian opened that there are plans for another wing near the Paradise Pier Side that was slated to be DVC. Last month I was told by a DVC cast member that it would be several years before there was a DVC on property but there were several options currently available through the member getaway's/concierge collection. I was hoping for better Info since they now have booths at DL. I've been holding out on adding points waiting for a DL option. I was also told that there would be some sort of announcement soon about California.

With some very nice hotels at reasonable prices close to DL and CA, staying "on property" there is not the perk it is at DVC WDW IMHO. I think that I would pay cash there and save my points for DVC FL. :teeth:

rinkwide said:
Well, maybe but it would be a photo finish with Disney-MGM Studios.

Sorry, but neither would win for worst. That honor goes to Walt Disney Studios in Paris.

The kids and I have been to CA ADV 4 times since it's opening - and we've actually always really enjoyed it. Never really understood why there was sooooo much bad press! We certainly liked it better than Disney MGM Studios! Anyway - GC is usually completly booked - and at very high rates! So I can't imagine that they would forfiet any of those rooms to DVC - they'd build on, I'm sure....

I would love DVC at GC. DH and I were fortunate enough to stay there right after DCA opened and had a theme park view. It was a beautiful resort. I actually like DCA as well. There is some really cool theming in the Condor Flats and Pacific Wharf area. Although you can hardly make an entire day of it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter