DVC gold annual pass renewal certificate question

sachilles

DVC coming to this space soon
My wife and I had Platinum annual passes that expired in October of 2019. We bought into DVC early in 2019. Before our passes expired we renewed for DVC gold.
On the my disney experience app it shows the product as a renewal cert that expires in December of 2030.
All our memory maker is retained, it allowed fastpasses at 60 days for our upcoming end of february vacation. All appears good.

Do we have to activate at Guest Services? I was under the impression that renewals auto activated at the end of your previous pass. However the renewal cert expiration makes it feel like a regular annual pass that doesn't start until your first visit. Had to buy the renewal buy phone and I want to make sure something didn't get messed up.

I'm guessing after 1st use, it converts to the pass product from the renewal cert and it auto assigns the expiration for october of 2020.

You have to show your blue card and ID to activate every year. The voucher will let you book FP+ ahead of your trip prior to activation.

I have a question about gold pass renewal...my pass expires in September and I know I have until October to renew it, but can I buy the renewal now and it will be added onto the pass in September?
I want to try to buy it before they raise prices!

“You can renew your Annual Pass up to 60 days before and 30 days after the pass expiration date. Keep in mind that your renewed Annual Pass will expire one year from your Anniversary Date, regardless of when you actually renew.” -WDW

I think we’ve all gone through the same thought process! Sadly, it’s not allowed.

However! A strange thing happened yesterday when I purchased a renewal by phone: it showed up in my account completely unattached! I had to assign it myself to the son I bought it for, but it seemed like I could’ve added it to myself (new pass) or my husband (expired pass)... hmmm. My digital receipt also showed me as the purchaser, but didn’t have my son’s name on it anywhere. It almost makes me want to try!

“You can renew your Annual Pass up to 60 days before and 30 days after the pass expiration date. Keep in mind that your renewed Annual Pass will expire one year from your Anniversary Date, regardless of when you actually renew.” -WDW

I think we’ve all gone through the same thought process! Sadly, it’s not allowed.

However! A strange thing happened yesterday when I purchased a renewal by phone: it showed up in my account completely unattached! I had to assign it myself to the son I bought it for, but it seemed like I could’ve added it to myself (new pass) or my husband (expired pass)... hmmm. My digital receipt also showed me as the purchaser, but didn’t have my son’s name on it anywhere. It almost makes me want to try!
They only are automatically assigned when you buy it at GS. We had annual water park passes and a gold pass that I bought on line and I had to assign them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!