DVC Honeymoon and Owner's Locker

Pinnie

<font color=green>Working a Dream Job<br><font col
My DH and I purchased our DVC points after our kids were in college and we knew the expenses were covered. We always thought those points would be "ours" but I used some of my points differently this year.

As a gift to my son and daughter in law, we gave them a week at the Beach Club Villas in a one bedroom for their honeymoon as a wedding present. They returned a few weeks ago and are still beaming!

DH were at WDW in February and picked up a bunch of Disney themed "wedding stuff" for them. The night before we left, my engineer DH realized we didn't have room in our luggage for all the stuff we bought. This is when he had a "DUH" moment, an epiphany of sorts.

LEAVE IT IN THE OWNER'S LOCKER!!!!!

We put Mickey and Minnie wedding ears along with a couple of toasting glasses, cloth napkins, wine bottle stopper, a personalized Mickey and Minnie wedding ornament with their names and date of wedding, 2 pair of flip flops that said BRIDE and GROOM and when they walked it left the words "Just Married" imprinted on the sand. I also put in some bath bombs and massage bars from BASIN. In addition we stuck in a couple of gift cards for them to use for a nice dinner.

I made sure with John and Brian that I could have the locker delivered to the villas and my son could pick it up. All I told my son was that he had to go to pick up something at Bell Service. Both him and his bride were thrilled when they opened the locker and found the cool stuff. I left them a message that they were free to use anything in the locker they needed (sunscreen, laundry soap, shampoo, ponchos, etc.).

John reported to me that he thought the locker was a lot lighter when he took it back to the warehouse!!!

I love my DVC, the flexiblity and how the Owner's Locker allowed me to give the newlyweds a nice surprise.

I just hope there is some shampoo left.....

pinnie

What a great gift for their honeymoon ... and what a wonderful way to use your Owners Locker! :)

That's a great idea! Dumb question -- what is an owner's locker? I've never heard of it.

That's a great idea! Dumb question -- what is an owner's locker? I've never heard of it.

Threads here discussing OL:I know there are other threads - even recent threads ... I'm just not having much luck w/ Search today. One of my favorite comments from the threads above:
Being an Owners Locker user has a similar feeling to moving from studios to one bedrooms. Ain't looking back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter