DVC Magicband

Carlnne

DIS Veteran
DVC Magicband is showing up for $15 in resort magicband choices. Whether or not is able to be ordered is another thing.

That's strange! I hope there are some controls that prevent anyone from buying them. I know there wasn't screening of the DVC Dooney when I purchased mine online.

I notice the upgraded ones change throughout the day. Each time I try for an upgraded one I like, I get a message similar to “ cannot complete your order , try later “ then it’s gone. I may have to resort to a free one☺️, but it’s kind of frustrating.

I notice the upgraded ones change throughout the day. Each time I try for an upgraded one I like, I get a message similar to “ cannot complete your order , try later “ then it’s gone. I may have to resort to a free one☺, but it’s kind of frustrating.

Same here!!! We're a group of 3 trying to purchase premium bands for our trip. What I've found is that you have to continuously log in & keep refreshing your log-in. If the premium band is sold out you, you will not be able to add it to your order, either at the step where you add it to the person's order or when you "continue" to purchase will kick you out if the premium band is sold out. There definitely seems to have a lot of availability of the DVC premium band.
Since we're doing a split stay, we have a 2nd set of bands to order & i'm NOT looking forward to checking for premium band availability every 5 hours or so. My sister really wants the Villains one, but I may have to convince her to get a vinyl sticker on a solid color band instead. :headache:

Seems like the upgrade to premium magic band is experiencing issues / errors this morning.

I'm also disappointed that Disney forces you to add your name to the magic band. While kids might like this I do not want my name on the band or packaging...

Seems like the upgrade to premium magic band is experiencing issues / errors this morning.

I'm also disappointed that Disney forces you to add your name to the magic band. While kids might like this I do not want my name on the band or packaging...
You can use a pseudonim, I think.

I assume it's the same for the premium ones...for the free ones, the name is on the underside of the center piece, so no one can see it while you're wearing it. I usually do first name and then the year, so I know what year each magicband is from. You can always do initials instead or anything you want.

I assume it's the same for the premium ones...for the free ones, the name is on the underside of the center piece, so no one can see it while you're wearing it. I usually do first name and then the year, so I know what year each magicband is from. You can always do initials instead or anything you want.

This reminds of of the Steve Martin sketch where he reads the names off of people's skis while on the chair lift, and speaks to them like old friends "Nice to see you again Tom. How have you been?" He said this worked pretty well until one guy looked at him like he was crazy. That guy's name was "Rental".

I’ve used plenty of aliases...Big Sis, Mom, D Queen (it stood for drama queen but my niece thought it mean Disney). You don’t have to use your name as long as it passes the Disney censors.

I was thinking about getting this MB but I was also thinking about getting a holder to just attach the puck to my apple watch and see if I liked it. If you remove the puck from the band is it removed forever? I wouldn't remove it from the vacation club one if that;s the case but would maybe remove it from an old one.

I was thinking about getting this MB but I was also thinking about getting a holder to just attach the puck to my apple watch and see if I liked it. If you remove the puck from the band is it removed forever? I wouldn't remove it from the vacation club one if that;s the case but would maybe remove it from an old one.
The ring that holds the puck into the 2nd gen MagicBand is secured by small screws.

The ring that holds the puck into the 2nd gen MagicBand is secured by small screws.
So as long as I bring a small screwdriver (like for glasses) I should be able to put it back in if I don't like it on my watch.

Yes. The screws have a phillips head.
Phillip's head #0 to be exact. Most eyewear uses a flat head so you won't find the right screwdriver in an eyeglass repair kit. I got mine from a set of computer repair hardware.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter