DVC Magicband

So as long as I bring a small screwdriver (like for glasses) I should be able to put it back in if I don't like it on my watch.
I did this last year and I loved having the puck attached to my watchband. It was way easier than having the Magicband on the other wrist. Just place the puck on the outside of your wrist to make tapping easier. However, I do enjoy wearing the Magicband when we go down to the pool as I am still not convinced that my Apple Watch won't be damaged in the pool. I did upgrade from the Series 0 to the Series 4 so maybe I shouldn't worry about it in the pool as it is "water resistant".

I did this last year and I loved having the puck attached to my watchband. It was way easier than having the Magicband on the other wrist. Just place the puck on the outside of your wrist to make tapping easier. However, I do enjoy wearing the Magicband when we go down to the pool as I am still not convinced that my Apple Watch won't be damaged in the pool. I did upgrade from the Series 0 to the Series 4 so maybe I shouldn't worry about it in the pool as it is "water resistant".
I have the series 3 and wear it in the pool all the time and last year wore it in the ocean every day in Hawaii. My husband was skeptical but it's been completely fine. Just remember to "lock" it by tapping the water droplet icon and "burp" it when you get out of the water by turning the dial.

I assume it's the same for the premium ones...for the free ones, the name is on the underside of the center piece, so no one can see it while you're wearing it. I usually do first name and then the year, so I know what year each magicband is from. You can always do initials instead or anything you want.

That's a good idea! I'm uncomfortable reusing bands more than a year or two old so this would be a great way to remember.

What are the upgraded choices? All Ive been waiting for is the “free” black one. Which I still don’t see as available yet :(.

i don't see a dvc choice in my upgrades. i assume it knows I'm a member
I'd rather pay $10 than $29.99!

i don't see a dvc choice in my upgrades. i assume it knows I'm a member
I'd rather pay $10 than $29.99!
It's currently out of stock as a premium upgrade. When in stock, it shows for everyone.

As already noted, the DVC MB will cost $15 as an upgrade. The price of the upgrade is the current retail price of the MB less a $14.99 credit.

The Open Edition Graphic MBs that currently retail for $24.99 cost $10 as an upgrade.
The Limited Release MBs that currently retail for $29.99 cost $15 as an upgrade.

I'm still both ed red by their whole upgrade process. Why in the world do they keep putting magic bands on the site that are out of stock and will cause errors. Disney operates like a failing IT company does websites... Very bad form if you ask me.

I'm still both ed red by their whole upgrade process. Why in the world do they keep putting magic bands on the site that are out of stock and will cause errors. Disney operates like a failing IT company does websites... Very bad form if you ask me.

Yep, I've been trying for at least a month to get Spaceship Earth for DH. The 'sale' has never gone through. Same thing with Dory, and at least a couple others we've tried. I ended up happy with Small World, but Disney gets no money from my husband. The most bands I've seen offered are 38, the fewest was this morning, at 13. Something fun turned into a pita.

debg

The DVC MagicBand showed back up and we tried adding it to our trip, but now showing as out of stock when selecting it. I still have 27 days left to customize, but if we can’t get it, we’ll go back to using our DVC slider.

Fun little piece of info... Star Wars Galaxy Edge band upgrade shows $29.99 but its missed priced through the upgrade website. I got an email this morning that Disney will credit me $15 when it ships.

Fun little piece of info... Star Wars Galaxy Edge band upgrade shows $29.99 but its missed priced through the upgrade website. I got an email this morning that Disney will credit me $15 when it ships.
The upgrade pricing was corrected online prior to this post.

Just went on to try and get a dvc band but it says the page is unavailable....I'm guessing due to the high traffic from SWGE. I'll have to try again once things have settled down.

I got mine as a upgraded premium magic band a month or so ago when selecting MBs for our up coming visit. Yes i believe anyone can get them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter