DVC member trying to decide between gold annual pass or platinum questions

Antonia

DIS Veteran
Can I purchase passes one per month for budgetary reasons and then activate them later all at once. Also, if we buy gold initially, could we upgrade to platinum later on.

Can I purchase passes one per month for budgetary reasons and then activate them later all at once. Also, if we buy gold initially, could we upgrade to platinum later on.
Yes you can buy them as infrequent you want. There are 3 steps to an AP: purchase, activation, and first use. Purchase is when you buy them (phone, online, in person), activation is when you activate the pass for use by verifying that all requirements have been met by the intended user, and finally first use is when you use an entitlement of the AP. Date of First Use is when the expiration date will be set (366 days later). So in short you could do exactly what you asked.

You can upgrade to Platinum later on (in person only, if that is still the case) and you would just get credit for what you paid for the Gold Pass. The Expiration Date would remain the same.

Thanks - last time I bought passes, I did it all at once. This time I’ll have to do one or two at a time!!

We have upgraded to Platinum from Gold once when we planned a last minute Christmas trip. We stopped at Guest Services on the way into the park and they took our money quickly. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter