DVC Members cruise Oct 5-12 2019 to Bermuda/Boston!!!

This cruise thread has gone awfully quiet the past few weeks :flower1:

Let's hope we get some details released about our sailing, soon. I seem to remember some details of the May cruise were released at the beginning of this year so fingers crossed we get some intel in a few weeks about what we could expect on this cruise.

Soon enough it will be time to book activities and do check ins! Concierge and Platinum will start the first week of June!!!

Been looking at the port adventures on the DCL website to try and drum up some more excitement :cheer2:

Our documents for the West Coast Cruise came today!

Oh wow, I had heard that we shouldn't expect our booklets as far in advance as normally but you're sailing in 2 weeks, that's cutting it close :rotfl: Being that I'm in Canada, I usually get them a bit later too....this will make me bite my nails :eek::rotfl:

My DSis went to NYC to buy tickets, and the three of us in the cabin on this cruise, will be going to see the Temptations, “Ain’t too Proud to Beg” on our first night in NYC. We hope to get some discount tickets to something on Friday! We decided to stay two nights.

There are 5 of us on this cruise, three DVC members, my DSis and a good friend who has been on another MC. We are in two cabins, OV.

I have organized a small Local Candy/Snack Exchange on the West Coast Cruise, and would be happy to organize one here, unless there is one already and I missed it!

My DSis went to NYC to buy tickets, and the three of us in the cabin on this cruise, will be going to see the Temptations, “Ain’t too Proud to Beg” on our first night in NYC. We hope to get some discount tickets to something on Friday! We decided to stay two nights.

There are 5 of us on this cruise, three DVC members, my DSis and a good friend who has been on another MC. We are in two cabins, OV.

I have organized a small Local Candy/Snack Exchange on the West Coast Cruise, and would be happy to organize one here, unless there is one already and I missed it!
I’m going to see the Temptations musical pre-cruise too! But Friday night show so my second night in NYC.

Oh wow, I had heard that we shouldn't expect our booklets as far in advance as normally but you're sailing in 2 weeks, that's cutting it close :rotfl: Being that I'm in Canada, I usually get them a bit later too....this will make me bite my nails :eek::rotfl:
My booklet & docs for the Pacific coast cruise came 3-4 weeks ahead as they were waiting for me in my held mail when I got home last week from another trip.

@bobbiwoz I'd be down for a candy exchange for sure!! Sounds fun :)
OK!:)
In a Local Candy/Snack Exchange, we use Fish extenders to gift others with a Regional candy or Snack. We pass out the gifts once, and you give enough for the cabin to share. Until the end of August, I will just note interest here, but by September 5, the exchange will be closed. ( I am on the WBTA Cruise, and we leave for Paris on September 11). Depending on the signups, there may be more than one group. On one DVC MC, there were 32 Cabin signed up, I divided the group into 4 groups of 8. On the West Coast DVC MC in May there are just 5 Cabins total involved. I will definitely keep the groups around 8, in case of a large turnout. The food must be packed by a manufacturer, similar to Halloween treats, no homemade food is allowed on board.
In August please send me a conversation stating your cabin number, how many are in your cabin, adults and children and if there are any allergies. In your gift, please put some information about the history of your food.

Interest in a Local Candy/Snack Exchange
bcwife76
bobbiwoz

Anyone else?

Shucks...we could have been sitting next to each other...well, we will have something to talk about when we see each other on board!
Sounds good. I’ve got Hamilton on Thursday night. I’m excited for both, the Temptations show looks good.

On the 2016 MC out of NYC to Nova Scotia, they did have a pirate night. So, it seems possible to have one with this cruise.
I was going through the thread and found this. Patricia and I were with you on the excursion in Nova Scotia, weren’t we? She will be on this Member Cruise as well! My sister and two other friends as well!

I was going through the thread and found this. Patricia and I were with you on the excursion in Nova Scotia, weren’t we? She will be on this Member Cruise as well! My sister and two other friends as well!
Good memory :earsboy: Yes, we did the private van tour with Poison Ivy.

Good memory :earsboy: Yes, we did the private van tour with Poison Ivy.
Patricia is the one who remembered. I was telling her about the shows you are going to see in NYC. She says you sat in the front of the van. I definitely do not remember that.

I hope she joins this thread.

Last edited:
Patricia is the one who remembered. I was telling her about the shows you are going to see in NYC. She says you sat in the front of the van. I definitely do not remember that.

I hope she joins this thread.
That’s right... my DSis was not feeling well so she stayed on the ship & I ended up solo for our shore tour.

Has anyone looked into private excursions? Anything to share here? What I have found are old posts on trip advisor and are not relative.

Last edited:
Has anyone looked into private excursions? Anything to share here? What I have found are old posts on trip advisor and are not relative.
I have not for Boston. Not sure for Bermuda, as there is no port adventure showing yet (as of a month ego) for the one thing I want to do which is climb the old iron lighthouse at the far end of the island. I may end up on an island public bus to get there & so that.

Last edited:
I have not for Boston. Not sure for Bermuda, as there is no port adventure showing yet (as of a minth ego) for the one thing I want to do which is climb the old iron lighthouse at the far end of the island. I may end up on an island public bus to get there & so that.

That sounds cool! If you find one, please let us know. We may be up for joining you if you find a private tour.

That sounds cool! If you find one, please let us know. We may be up for joining you if you find a private tour.
Sure!

I guess I should get more into research for this Cruise, but I have other travel just back two weeks ago from one trip & another coming up that have taken a priority. So, thanks @bobbiwoz for the nudge on this one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter