DVC Members cruise Oct 5-12 2019 to Bermuda/Boston!!!

I have not for Boston. Not sure for Bermuda, as there is no port adventure showing yet (as of a month ego) for the one thing I want to do which is climb the old iron lighthouse at the far end of the island. I may end up on an island public bus to get there & so that.
I’ve seen both Boston and Bermuda Port Adventures on the DCL site. Bermuda has its own category and Boston is under Transatlantic but you can filter on Boston Port of Call

We live in Cape May NJ, not close to port, but do not have to fly. We do not get to NYC often, and Patricia lives in OK, so we decided two nights in NYC would be a treat.
We’re in PA and NJ but are all originally from Woodbury. I don’t go to NYC as often as I used to but it’s only a 90 min mostly NJ Turnpike-free drive.

bobbiwoz, Where are you planning on parking your car while on the cruise. Right now I have a hotel booked in NJ which allows parking but my DH really doesn't want to drive up till the morning of the cruise. We live close to Baltimore Md and if we decided to do this I would like to have a parking reservation ahead of time which the port doesn't do reservations.
We’re parking at the port. While I would love reservations, everything I’ve read is that, if you get to the port around 10am, you shouldn’t have an issue getting a spot as people on the prior sailing leave (except those lucky B2B sailers). That said, we’ll probably get there between 8-9am just in case.

We are just off the West Coast Member Cruise. We had rolls sea days, but excellent port days. The prem-ear of Aladdin was exciting!

Wonderful! What else can you share about the member cruise? Did you come back with lots of goodies?

Sorry the weather here in Vancouver is crummy, we just got back a little while ago from our little long weekend road trip, wet end to an otherwise-sunny weekend.

Wonderful! What else can you share about the member cruise? Did you come back with lots of goodies?

Sorry the weather here in Vancouver is crummy, we just got back a little while ago from our little long weekend road trip, wet end to an otherwise-sunny weekend.
Hi, Victoria yesterday was gorgeous! A bit of rain today is fine. We did Hop on Hop off....stopped at Granville island, delicious produce, had a great lunch.

I will show some things that were easily unpacked from DH’s suitcase:

C4F5BD52-A5A3-4CF4-9EA4-394D744D184C.jpeg

And this postcard was one of the daily gifts. Its artist, Burny Mattison is a Disney Legend who was present on the cruise.

C8813A2D-82DF-4DBA-B111-023C503426C5.jpeg

A few more things from the Pacific Coast MC - sorry I cannot get the pic to landscape mode.

Top is a frame that opens to hold the prints in Bobbiwoz photo, there are a total of 5 & the gray box is a heavy felt bag to protect the frame. Middle is a nice tote bag and a Toy Story 4 blanket. Bottom is a small bag that held the hat, insulated mug, lip balm, and a handy travel back back, and then a pin, And last the Lower right is a set of packing cubes,

BDFAE461-F730-477D-B427-0A3296481ED7.jpeg

Thanks so much for sharing! This will be our first Member Cruise so we're REALLY excited! Was there anything special about the Aladdin movie screening other than getting to see it early? Was it shown multiple times?

Thanks!

Thanks so much for sharing! This will be our first Member Cruise so we're REALLY excited! Was there anything special about the Aladdin movie screening other than getting to see it early? Was it shown multiple times?

Thanks!
Aladdin was shown three times - once each in the Walt Disney theatre during the assigned show time based on dinner seating, and then a late showing in 3D format in the Buena Vista theatre that overlapped the second showing. Because the movie is 2 hours, show times were adjusted accordingly to fit in the two screenings.

It was introduced by someone from the Disney studios. And no cell phones, cameras, or smart watches allowed in the theatres. They ask you to leave them in the staterooms but some do not. They had several cast members asking everyone about their electronic devices, and if you had anything they provided a lined Mylar bag to store and seal during the show. Additionally there were several security folks along the walls durijg the screening with infrared goggles scanning the audience throughout. It is serious stuff to be sure nothing is leaked...and this process to some degree applied to other sessions ie the Toy Story 4 behind the scenes session and parts of a few others.

If we get the perks of sneak peaks on the DVC Member Cruise, we need to respect the need for this type of security at times. I’ve been on three MCs now and have had this on at least one session each cruise.

Thanks!

The only time I saw Terry Schultz was when she introduced the film in the WD theater. They showed it during both time slots for the night major presentations and they showed it later in Buena Vista theater.

The only time I saw Terry Schultz was when she introduced the film in the WD theater.
I saw her several times...once up on Deck early open morning, where I was able to share some feedback, & then a couple more times prior to sessions.

Also, with the insulated mug there was a stainless steel straw & straw cleaner...sorry that did not make it into my photo as I’d put it into a pocket for safe keeping.

We also got Canadian maple flavored popcorn one night. And they had daily giveaways at the DVC podium on deck 4 such as luggage tags, the Pooh postcard Bobbiwoz posted, cookies from Hawaii to represent Aulani, and Riveria resort pins if you attended the DVC info session. Also, adventures by Disney hats if you went to the AbD session.

This is why you either need a separate suitcase or be sure to have room in your bag, to bring stuff back. At the airport in Vancouver we saw a few people with their white MC tote bags full of things.

I will say, this is my first MC where the gifts seemed more reasonable in size and pack ability, which was appreciated. No super large game boxes or extra thick blankets like we got on the MC out of NYC in 2016.

That straw cleaner brush looks just about the right side to use to clean my hummingbird feeder.:)

The maple flavored popcorn seemed to be the same kind as we got on the Nova Scotia MC, and I thought it was delicious! Tom and I both enjoyed the shortbread cookies, and you were allowed to get Seconds!

Did we mention luggage tags?

Also, the sort of reusable plastic glasses were given at the DVC presentation. I have mine from last year, and will add these to the collection.

We are at the Pan Pacific for two nights, and I have seen a fair number of the white DVC totes that Mathmagicland pictured.

AD3A8AFA-7C42-44C6-A839-FCED823B7835.jpeg

Last edited:
Forgot one more thing re the security screenings for Aladdin & Toy Story 4 - after bagging any electronic devices, we then entered the theatre thru scanners like at the airports or the parks , that screen for electronics not metal. My lanyard with pins does not set it off.

Forgot one more thing re the security screenings for Aladdin & Toy Story 4 - after bagging any electronic devices, we then entered the theatre thru scanners like at the airports or the parks , that screen for electronics not metal. My lanyard with pins does not set it off.
My knees did!

You guys are awesome, thank you for taking the time to post photos and info!!!

@bobbiwoz sorry it's another drizzly day here in Vancity, but starting tomorrow the sun is going to shine, just in time for your next sail away :flower1:

You guys are awesome, thank you for taking the time to post photos and info!!!

@bobbiwoz sorry it's another drizzly day here in Vancity, but starting tomorrow the sun is going to shine, just in time for your next sail away :flower1:
Today we are going to the Museum of Anthropology, so an inside day! We would have left already, but my DSis had her credit card compromised, and is dealing with that.

You have a lovely city with wonderful seafood! Had great halibut in Granville Island yesterday.

We had sunshine last year!

39322AF1-1087-4B43-89E2-CE1028B15BE4.jpeg

F83F8903-3290-485A-AF7E-C42ABF0921EE.jpeg

The only time I saw Terry Schultz was when she introduced the film in the WD theater. They showed it during both time slots for the night major presentations and they showed it later in Buena Vista theater.

If I recall correctly, on last year's member cruise, Terri Schultz and other DVC execs held a reception. Good opportunity to mingle and chat. No such event on this recent cruise. I did see Terri at the Adventures By Disney session but she was in the audience and didn't take questions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter