• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DVC members....

Zoemakes5

<font color=deeppink>Support me in my Disney mania
Can anyone tell me how many points it would be for one night at Grand Ca or DLH for 3/29 or 3/30? I'm interested in a one day "splurge", but can't seem to find out how many points it would be. Can't find it in the DVC board's list.
Thanks!

GCH--3/29: 24 pts.
3/30: 53 pts.
The value season ends on the 29th so that is why the pts. are so much higher on the 30th....plus the 30 is a Friday--weekends are more pts. in any season.

DLH--3/29: 19
3/30: 42

I gave you the pt. total for a standard room.

Good Luck!!

We're going to the GCH for the first time March 18-22.....can't wait!!!

I'd recommend going on the 29th so you don't have to use as many points.

Also, I highly recommend the splurge. We used points and stayed at the Grand Californian last month and absolutely loved it!!!

Snoopygirl said:
GCH--3/29: 24 pts.
3/30: 53 pts.
The value season ends on the 29th so that is why the pts. are so much higher on the 30th....plus the 30 is a Friday--weekends are more pts. in any season.

DLH--3/29: 19
3/30: 42

I gave you the pt. total for a standard room.

Good Luck!!

We're going to the GCH for the first time March 18-22.....can't wait!!!

Thanks Snoppy! Exactly what I was looking for. Makes it a "deal" for either hotel for 3/29. However, if the going rate is around $10 per point, it's cheaper going through Disney directly for the hotels. For 3/30 the GCH is 483, while it would "cost" 530 using points and for DLH 3/30 is $351 per night, while it would "cost" 420 by renting points.

I don't suppose either one of you would have, say 19-24 points laying around you'd like to rent?

Zoemakes5 said:
Thanks Snoppy! Exactly what I was looking for. Makes it a "deal" for either hotel for 3/29. However, if the going rate is around $10 per point, it's cheaper going through Disney directly for the hotels. For 3/30 the GCH is 483, while it would "cost" 530 using points and for DLH 3/30 is $351 per night, while it would "cost" 420 by renting points.

I don't suppose either one of you would have, say 19-24 points laying around you'd like to rent?

Try over on the DVC Rent/trade board. However, renting points for Disneyland is not a good idea! When I use my own, my cost is $5.5 which is a very good deal butT as you already calculated at $10 per rented point its a different story. And some people are now renting points for more like $12 a point I believe. Also, using DVC points for Disneyland is very restrictive for the owner, you might have a hard time finding someone willing to do that. Disney Collection points (which is what you would need) cannot be put back into the account to be used at a DVC resort if you change or cancel. Have you tried Expedia? I have always gotten great deals for the DLR hotels on Expedia. Good luck!

Thanks! DH just nixed the idea, anyway. :( Big bummer!
At $190 or 240, the prices at $10 is a savings, but the higher prices for that Friday are not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter