DVC Question - Deposit and Balance

gmgohara

Earning My Ears
Hi

I am on the verge of making a decision to buy-in to DVC (SSR)

Could someone answer a few questions for me ??

1. If I agree to purchase, what amount of deposit is required and can I pay this via Credit Card.

2. At what point would the final balance for purchase be due. Is that immediately or several weeks after deposit etc / on closure etc.

3. Is there a discount on maintenance dues for 2004 on SSR due to purchasing at this time of year / SSR not opening until May

4. Would I be able to have a choice of "use year" or is this determined by DVC

Thanks and regards

Hi there

I've just completed on my DVC SSR purchase so I can hopefully help you out.

1. If I agree to purchase, what amount of deposit is required and can I pay this via Credit Card.
I was told 10% of the total when I did this last month but I think I have read somewhere that this may now be 20%. You can definitely pay via Credit Card.

2. At what point would the final balance for purchase be due. Is that immediately or several weeks after deposit etc / on closure etc.
30 days after your deposit.

3. Is there a discount on maintenance dues for 2004 on SSR due to purchasing at this time of year / SSR not opening until May
Yes there is, and how much it is depends on which building you buy into. For example, my building is No. 2 and is not due for occupancy until June 3rd. So, my dues for this year will be pro-rata'd (ie I only pay for the period 3rd June to year end for 2004)

4. Would I be able to have a choice of "use year" or is this determined by DVC
I had a choice of most months but I think August was already sold out. I imagine this will change as and when they start to sell new buildings?

I rang DVC and explained I was considering it - I was assigned a great guide who answered all my questions (though I have to say I didn't have many due to the fantastic people on these boards!!) and there was no pressure whatsoever to go ahead. So I really recommend that!

Hope that helps!

Karen

The only thing I can add is that when we purchased in 2001 (so 'rules' may have changed) we were given the option of spreading the balance payment into a couple of monthly cc payments so as to stay within the cc limit each month if we wanted / needed to. Credit card is the simplest way of making the payment(s).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter