DVC Resale - Blue Card?

Sort of confused, wondering about the following:

1) What are the DVC member cards actually used for?

2) What color card are you supposed to get as a resale buyer?

I bought resale and just received a blue DVC member card. I was surprised that it was blue and am a little curious about what this means and what the card is actually used for. Any answers welcome :)

You are meant to just get a white digital card resale, so unless you bought pre April 2016, or unless you already own a direct contract, they made a mistake. Congratulations if that is the case as you will be able to get discounts in the restaurants and on merchandise. I am wondering if it is a mistake it follows through on your entire membership. Log in and go to member identification- is it also blue on there? If yes congratulations, due to a Disney error you have all the DVD perks.

Since they actually verify when purchasing an AP I wouldn't say that all perks are provided, just the ones where they visually view the card like dining or retail purchase. Seems there's been a bit of a breakdown in the issuing of cards and blues are going out when they shouldn't.

If you received an incorrect card, expect that DVC will eventually catch it.

:earsboy: Bill

Since they actually verify when purchasing an AP I wouldn't say that all perks are provided, just the ones where they visually view the card like dining or retail purchase. Seems there's been a bit of a breakdown in the issuing of cards and blues are going out when they shouldn't.
If it's blue on the membership online and doesn't say perks are limited on there, chances are OP has simply been inputted wrong in the system, and on the system is classified as a direct purchaser. Unless they saw that and changed it, if that has happened OP would get all perks, surely.

Okay, so my virtual card is, in fact, white. I suspect that when my card expires I'll receive a white one but as that's what I paid for, I'm okay with that :) in the meantime, don't judge me too hard if I flash the blue card for discounts :rolleyes1
I don't think anyone would be offended but realize there are situations where they are likely to check the system, not just look at the card. And the main one they'll likely do that is the main reason it currently makes sense for many, the pass discount.

I don't think anyone would be offended but realize there are situations where they are likely to check the system, not just look at the card. And the main one they'll likely do that is the main reason it currently makes sense for many, the pass discount.

Oh I was just thinking the odd dining discount now and then haha but the AP discount would've been sweet!

Oh I was just thinking the odd dining discount now and then haha but the AP discount would've been sweet!
So someone, somewhere, just sent the wrong card. Their problem. I'd certainly be flashing it for discounts. If anyone ever says they checked the system just say 'sorry I have no idea what you are talking about, I bought DVC and they sent me this'. Suspect you won't receive another unfortunately.

I'm sure it would work for the dining and merchandise discount as all they do it visually look at the card and your ID but as Dean said I believe when you activate the AP they do check to make sure you are eligible (and obviously all the special DVC events that you have to call member services to register for would not work either).

Out of curiosity does your card expire in 2021? When we (all the current members) got our new cards last year they were all issued with a 2021 expiration date. Are they sending new members that same expiration (4 years from now) or is it 5 years from now?

Out of curiosity does your card expire in 2021? When we (all the current members) got our new cards last year they were all issued with a 2021 expiration date. Are they sending new members that same expiration (4 years from now) or is it 5 years from now?

It still lists an expiration of 2021 for us, so it's probably a set year.

Lucky you-- the same thing happened to me and they sent me a blue one by mistake. Has worked fine for dining and merchandise discounts as well as the Epcot lounge since they just do a quick look at the card (no verifying on the computer).

I also bought tickets for Disney After Hours online and selected the DVC rate ($89 instead of $119) and walked right in-- they didn't even ask to see my card.

Not sure it would work for APs but if you think they are a good value I say it's worth a shot. I would just play oblivious and if they won't sell them to you then oh well, just buy the tickets you normally would. I have a feeling rather than confronting you about the discrepancy in resale/ direct status they may just give it to you, but in any case I highly doubt they would try and take the card from you or something.

Wasn't there a post about the Epcot lounge and the CM looked up the member to enter tracking info. Notice that they were not qualified and denied them access?

Wasn't there a post about the Epcot lounge and the CM looked up the member to enter tracking info. Notice that they were not qualified and denied them access?

I believe there was.

I've only gone up once and they seemed to verify my membership, not just look at the card.

Yes, actually they had to have as I just rememberd they commented on something that would have been on my profile.

I believe there was.

I've only gone up once and they seemed to verify my membership, not just look at the card.

Yes, actually they had to have as I just rememberd they commented on something that would have been on my profile.

I know that they did this when the lounge first opened. They definitely looked us up. But perhaps since the lounge has been available for several months, all they do now is look at the card. Wouldn't surprise me.

I know that they did this when the lounge first opened. They definitely looked us up. But perhaps since the lounge has been available for several months, all they do now is look at the card. Wouldn't surprise me.

Since the lounge is a business marketing expense, DVD may track and update your attendance for marketing and tax write off reasons.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!