DVC Resorts in March

GotLabradors

Missing Mr. Toad
What is DVC resort availability like during the first full week in March? We're looking to rent again and that looks like the week we'll be going. We'd probably rent a 1 bedroom.

If you are asking what is March's current availability, the site does not allow us to answer the question. If instead you are just asking generally about March from year to year, then first week of March usually has many openings at 7 months out such as Poly, VGF 1 and 2 BRs, BLT lake view (all room sizes), potentially BLT theme park view also, VWL all room sizes (Copper Creek has no real history yet), BWV pool garden view all room sizes and also standard view and boardwalk view 1BRs, BCV 1BRs and potentially others, AKV standard and savanna view all room sizes, and OKW and SSR.

Be aware that you are now within the 7 month reservation window for first week of March when owners of any DVC resort can reserve resorts other than the one they own. If you want something you should act now because once that window opens, when members from any DVC resort can reserve another DVC resort, rooms can disappear quickly.

I was asking in general. We are looking to plan our next trip and looking at the first week in March. I know that events like F&W typically draw a lot DVC members to the parks and availability can be limited. I've rented before at VGF, so I know the drill on 7 months versus 11 months. Thanks for the info!

I think the first week in March will be a great time to visit. Planning to next year. But not in a DVC. But from what I have researched, at 7 months numerous resorts are still available as long as you are on your A game and book as soon as your date opens up.

If you have hit the 7 month mark I highly suggest you book something asap. I hit my 7 month yesterday and it was my first time ever not getting the reservation we wanted, On top of that there was barely any availability at all anywhere for studios and this for the 2nd week in March.

Yeah. I had to shake it a bit to get my studio for next March. We don't normally do spring break stuff. I got what I wanted but availability went quick.

I looked at the ******.com (not completely accurate I'm sure) but they had studios at Kidani, OKW and SSR for March 11-17th. But like I said, this website may be off with their information.

With the caveat stated that we book one bedrooms, I will say that even now, a week after the seven month window for our March trip, all is wide open for one bedrooms other than the usual suspects, so it depends on the room size you're looking at. If it's one bedroom as you say, you should have a good amount of options.

FYI for those who will be booking flights ---- In the process of booking BLT yesterday for a March trip, I noted very few non-stop flights (that's been going on for a while from PHL) and seats available on SWA (we have credits to use) for some of the dates we were looking at. I didn't want to book a flight leaving PHL at 10:00 p.m. :rolleyes: And the deeper into March, the more expensive, which was not surprising. It might be a better situation from other airports. I ended up booking the last week of February into the beginning of March. Fares just a tad over $200 each. We haven't visited in March for a while and DH reminded me we took the Auto Train the last time we did.

Last edited:
With the caveat stated that we book one bedrooms, I will say that even now, a week after the seven month window for our March trip, all is wide open for one bedrooms other than the usual suspects, so it depends on the room size you're looking at. If it's one bedroom as you say, you should have a good amount of options.
That is what it looked like on ****** as well.

That is what it looked like on ****** as well.

Yes, I even just cancelled a bunch of our March bookings that I had used home resort priority for and swapped them out with our cheapy points instead. I think you'll be fine :).

FYI for those who will be booking flights ---- In the process of booking BLT yesterday for a March trip, I noted very few non-stop flights (that's been going on for a while from PHL) and seats available on SWA (we have credits to use) for some of the dates we were looking at. I didn't want to book a flight leaving PHL at 10:00 p.m. :rolleyes: And the deeper into March, the more expensive, which was not surprising. It might be a better situation from other airports. I ended up booking the last week of February into the beginning of March. Fares just a tad over $200 each. We haven't visited in March for a while and DH reminded me we took the Auto Train the last time we did.

I did the same thing! LOL

I normally go mid March during Spring Break. Looking at availability and airfares from Newark, for 2018 I decided to book the same week you did, end of February into the beginning of March. Scored a great fare on SWA direct flights and 6 nights in a value studio at AKV. Frankly the crowds this past March were insane and the temperature was frigid, so I can't think this will be any worse... though we will both be praying for clear weather on our flight dates, right?

I just booked BLT 1 bedroom for 3/5-3/13 today! This is our first time staying on the monorail/close to MK so we are very excited! We have never been in March before so we are hoping with easter being later this year it will not be too awful that first week and the weather will hold out. I noticed some of you talking about airfare. I was going to buy our airfare, as it is running just under $200 a person, non-stop with excellent times but everything I read said not to buy over 3 months out. Is March an anomaly because of spring breaks?

Of course the day after I ask the prices went up by $30. Lesson learned, will book today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!