DVC Room Requests and "Travels With" Requests

NY Pirate Princess

DIS Veteran
I am on a split stay in August for my first owner trip travelling with other brand new DVC members. I called member services and connected our reservations for part of our split stay. However, I booked standard view at the Poly and they booked lake after me, so we can't connect those reservations.

My questions!
1. I did on-line check in today AFTER I made requests with MS. Will my Near Elevator request for the Boardwalk Reservation on-line check in override what I asked for of member services, which is "high floor" and "travels with"? We both have Boardwalk view one bedroom reservations.
2. They waitlisted poly standard view for their Poly lake view. If this comes through, should I call to connect the reservations with what I have already requested, or should they call and connect to me? I requested Tokelau and since they are in water view right now they are Moorea as the only water view (that is my understanding even though they think there are lake views in all three buildings).

I know I might get the exact opposite of what I ask for but I am hoping, nonetheless!

Thank you!

I am on a split stay in August for my first owner trip travelling with other brand new DVC members. I called member services and connected our reservations for part of our split stay. However, I booked standard view at the Poly and they booked lake after me, so we can't connect those reservations.

My questions!
1. I did on-line check in today AFTER I made requests with MS. Will my Near Elevator request for the Boardwalk Reservation on-line check in override what I asked for of member services, which is "high floor" and "travels with"? We both have Boardwalk view one bedroom reservations.
Yes, unfortunately, anything you enter in online checkin overwrites the request you submitted to MS. I'd go through online checkin again, remove that request, and then chat/call/email MS again to repeat your priority request. You can request all three things, but tell MS clearly which one is your most important, which is 2nd, and which is the least important to you.
2. They waitlisted poly standard view for their Poly lake view. If this comes through, should I call to connect the reservations with what I have already requested, or should they call and connect to me? I requested Tokelau and since they are in water view right now they are Moorea as the only water view (that is my understanding even though they think there are lake views in all three buildings).
If they booked Lake View, that puts them in Moorea, which is the only DVC building with Lake View studios. However, the Standard View you booked is available in Moorea as well as in the other two DVC longhouses, meaning you could be placed across the hall from them or at least in the same building. So if you want to be close to them, you can include the Traveling With as one of your requests (I'd make it my only request, personally, if that's most important to you). That would work whether their WL for Standard View comes through or not.
I know I might get the exact opposite of what I ask for but I am hoping, nonetheless!

Thank you!

Yes, unfortunately, anything you enter in online checkin overwrites the request you submitted to MS. I'd go through online checkin again, remove that request, and then chat/call/email MS again to repeat your priority request. You can request all three things, but tell MS clearly which one is your most important, which is 2nd, and which is the least important to you.
I did exactly this! Thank you so much for your help.

My questions!
There really aren't any bw view 1br close to the elevators so I wouldn't worry about that aspect.

There really aren't any bw view 1br close to the elevators so I wouldn't worry about that aspect.
You're right, I forgot about that. The one 1BR closest to the elevators is now a P/G view of Village Green. Then come the GVs, and finally start the 1BR that lockoff as part of 2BR. So theBW view 1BR are a relatively long way from the elevators.

You're right, I forgot about that. The one 1BR closest to the elevators is now a P/G view of Village Green. Then come the GVs, and finally start the 1BR that lockoff as part of 2BR. So theBW view 1BR are a relatively long way from the elevators.
There's some on the 2nd floor under the first bank of grand villas but it's my understanding those are the accessibility units.

Attachments

• BWV_BoardwalkView (2).jpg
    BWV_BoardwalkView (2).jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 7

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter