DVC tour

Yes, we will have to factor that in, but 3 hours time savings might be worth it.

Just an update. When we arrived at OKW for our trip, there was an invitiation in our room to do the DVC tour. This included a $100 grift card. So, we booked the tour and really enjoyed it. We also got three FP each to use in the following three days.

So, even if you're already a member (23 years), you can still take a tour?

Yes, I'd like to know also. After 15 years of membership I still remember that although I'd been promised incentives for taking the tour, somehow I never received anything-they were "all out" or something.

Do both spouses have to be there to take the tour? I'm going without my DH for a "Disney World without the parks" trip and it might be an interesting activity for me and my kids.

Do both spouses have to be there to take the tour? I'm going without my DH for a "Disney World without the parks" trip and it might be an interesting activity for me and my kids.

I took this tour last December and they let me attend alone (without my wife and kids). They still gave me the GC...

They don't want to pitch buying to only one if two will be on the contract. They know that it's more work and harder to close the sale if both do not attend.

:earsboy: Bill

Also, how honest can I be with them? If I say I'm not interested in buying right now but I'm love seeing how rooms look and seeing all the little details, will they not allow me to do the tour?

Also, how honest can I be with them? If I say I'm not interested in buying right now but I'm love seeing how rooms look and seeing all the little details, will they not allow me to do the tour?

My tour was just at their office in Disney Springs. I don't see why they would not give you the full tour if that is what you wanted. If it were me, I would just tell them you were not in a position to buy now but you are considering it for the future (if this is what you are thinking). I am guessing this would be what most are thinking and saying at the tour stage, and lets face it, I am sure many walk away owning a timeshare by the end of the talk...

They'd be crazy to make both spouses be there. I took the tour by myself, and we bought (all DH had to do was see the smile on my face and he decided "Great idea"! Smart man!). Since we proved one spouse on tour=sale, hopefully they continued the practice.

I'm not trying to be harsh but you have to understand that they are there to sell, not tour and give out freebies. When we wanted to look and not buy I got the feeling that they were put out and they had a greeter take us to the models. Later after becoming owners and we wanted to just look at the new models, they told us to come back at 5:00.

:earsboy: Bill

So, even if you're already a member (23 years), you can still take a tour?

Ask about member tours at one of the DVC kiosks. With Copper Creek having recently opened, they were offering daily tours at SSR when we visited last month. I don't remember the exact hours but I think it was in the neighborhood of noon-4pm.

They'll have refreshments out at the preview center while you're waiting for the tour to start. The tour is "self-guided"--it's little more than a Cast Member leading a large group over to roam the model rooms. They don't bother with the full sales spiel, but will stay close by to answer any questions.

They typically don't offer gift cards or even fastpass incentives for members to tour.

I personally wouldn't come right out and admit that I have no interest. Even with an up-front rejection, a good salesperson would stay professional and accept the challenge of trying to change your mind. If nothing else, they should realize that it could lead to business down the road.

Nevertheless, as a courtesy I'd be polite and let them go through their spiel rather than blowing them off right off the bat.

DVC really doesn't do a hard sell. I think they are also quite used to people wanting to see the rooms. I've been on tours with both member and non-members and the guides are there to answer questions if you have any and certainly prepare paperwork if you want to buy but I don't think there's any great reason to prep them that you won't be buying.

We did, bought 60 in PVB but likely will buy further points on the resell market on down the road. We'd been discussing it for a year or so and mostly went in actually wanting to see one of the rooms in person.
They let you buy fewer than 100pts? Was this your first purchase? I'm looking into DVC and wondering about resale or direct. Also congrats!

They did indeed, I wasn't aware it was not allowed. Yes, it was our first purchase. Thanks. :)

They've been allowing 50 points for first purchase for quite a few years now. Some will try and push 100 and I think with CCV they are apparently using some different minimums but I think people first start reporting 50 points going back to AKV sales or else BLT. However point creep swept in with BLT too and the 50 points got you less. It was strange but with rising cost per point they likely had a harder time sticking to higher minimums.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter