DVC Wonder, West Coast Cruise May 15 through May 20, 2019,

bobbiwoz

I'm happy to dance with you!
Am looking forward to this! Who else is on it?

I have organized a Local Candy/Snack Exchange on many cruises, including this year’s (2018) Member Cruise and would be happy to do it again.

I will keep this first post updated with any information like any general FE’s that are organized, and meets that are suggested.

Bobbi:boat:

Last edited:
Am looking forward to this! Who else is on it?

I have organized a Local Candy/Snack Exchange on many cruises, including this year’s (2018) Member Cruise and would be happy to do it again.

I will keep this first post updated with any information like any general FE’s that are organized, and meets that are suggested.

Bobbi:boat:

Thanks for initiating the the west coast MC meet. My DH and I are on board.

Bruce and I will be on this cruise. It will be our second MC, and our first time under the Golden Gate Bridge and seeing Victoria and Vancouver. Has anyone ever done the SF ABD tour? We have been to that area many (many) times as our parents live in the Bay Area. However, I bet it would be special to go to the Disney Family Museum in SF as part of a Disney tour. Has anyone done that tour?

Thanks for setting up the thread, Bobbi!

Bruce and I will be on this cruise. It will be our second MC, and our first time under the Golden Gate Bridge and seeing Victoria and Vancouver. Has anyone ever done the SF ABD tour? We have been to that area many (many) times as our parents live in the Bay Area. However, I bet it would be special to go to the Disney Family Museum in SF as part of a Disney tour. Has anyone done that tour?

Looking forward to it with our 3 kids!

:welcome::boat:

I had not noticed this.

Adventures by Disney Vacation Package
Enhance your cruise vacation by adding the Disneyland Resort and San Francisco cruise package with Adventures by Disney.

Before your cruise, enjoy 2 magical days and nights with Adventures by Disney at the Disneyland Resort—Monday, May 13 until your cruise departure day on Wednesday, May 15. When the ship arrives in San Francisco on Friday, May 17, you’ll enjoy an action-packed day in the city, with Adventures by Disney leading the way.

Disneyland Resort: Highlights
Prepare for a journey of fun and inspiration at the Disneyland Resort in Anaheim, California! Go behind the magic of select theme park experiences. Savor delectable dining at popular Disneyland restaurants. And behold breathtaking nighttime spectaculars at both theme parks.

This package includes theme park admission and accommodations at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa—as well as transfers from Los Angeles International Airport or John Wayne Airport, and to the Port of San Diego.

San Francisco: Highlights
Explore the dazzling city of San Francisco, California. Ride bikes at Crissy Field, where you can enjoy views of the iconic Golden Gate Bridge and beautiful San Francisco Bay. Plus, visit the Lucasfilm campus and enjoy a privately guided tour of the Walt Disney Family Museum—popular destinations for film buffs and Disney lovers.

Points Chart
View the Points Chart for this Adventures by Disney vacation package.

I really like the idea of a trip to the Disney Family Museum!
For those that have not been to the Disney Family Museum, it is amazing! My first visit, I spent two and a half days there and still did not see everything. But, I took time to read every description, watch every video, and they also had a Mary Blair exhibit in the annex plus a Marc Davis exhibit in the basement.

For those that have not been to the Disney Family Museum, it is amazing! My first visit, I spent two and a half days there and still did not see everything. But, I took time to read every description, watch every video, and they also had a Mary Blair exhibit in the annex plus a Marc Davis exhibit in the basement.
Sounds good!

Just called DVC, and the ABD is not available to book until we get the cruise letter from DVC.

Thank you for starting this thread! One of our fave parts of doing a Disney cruise is meeting new people. :yay:

DH and I are bringing friends (a family of 5). This will be our 3rd MC and 4th DCL Cruise, and our friend’s first MC (but 3rd Disney cruise). We are all very excited!!

ABD sounds amazing, but not worth it for us as we are native So Californians and AP holders so have spent many a day at DL and done several of their tours. If you stay at the Grand Cal and have time, take the hotel’s tour - really interesting learning about the design and architecture, and we were lucky enough to also be shown the 3-bedroom suite the day after Johnny Depp checked out.

We have also been to the Family Museum a few times - it is definitely worth a trip (or two or three). Would love to do an excursion to Pixar campus or Skywalker Ranch (hoping, hoping that will be offered separately from the ABD trip).

Thanks so much for this. I really want to spend my SF time at this museum. Hope there is a special tour!

Darn, I'm ready to book ABD. ANOTHER thing we have to wait for. Is there a count-down ticker for DCL cruise letter?

What makes me nervous is we are on the 2018 DVC MC, and it’s right around the timeline for receiving the letter. (3 weeks). The CM understood what I was saying, he told me to call the day before we leave and tell what I am concerned about.

I was sorry I never did the ABD that was offered after the Nova Scotia MC.

Aside from a confirmation number, are we supposed to have anything in writing that we are booked? I can’t link the confirmation number on My Reservations on the DCL website, there is nothing on my dashboard on the DVC website, and I didn’t receive an email after booking... is this normal? Just have to wait for the letter?

Aside from a confirmation number, are we supposed to have anything in writing that we are booked? I can’t link the confirmation number on My Reservations on the DCL website, there is nothing on my dashboard on the DVC website, and I didn’t receive an email after booking... is this normal? Just have to wait for the letter?
We have to wait for the letter. You have the number DVC gave, and right now that is all everyone has. It is hard to wait, but this is the way it has been for MCs. Our first one was in 2005....I was nervous that year, now, I am not nervous, just antsy!:boat:

When we booked the DVC CM said it would be at least 2 weeks before we received DCL confirmation notice and the reservation number (she just gave me a temporary conf. no.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!