DVC Wonder, West Coast Cruise May 15 through May 20, 2019,

I’m hoping for penguins and an advance screening of either Aladdin live action or Toy Story 4. We’ve been fortunate to get an advance screening of a new release on other member cruises,

Hi everyone, I am a DCL veteran (17 cruises) but this will be our first DVC Member cruise. I'm wondering if anyone knows why there are no princess or Frozen meet and greets listed on the site like there are for other "normal" DCL cruises. Do they have M&Gs on DVC Member cruises?

Have you been on the Disney website lately? You can book some of these! I was able to nab a Princess Meet/Greet~

Have you been on the Disney website lately? You can book some of these! I was able to nab a Princess Meet/Greet~
Thanks so much for the heads up on this! I’ve been checking every couple of weeks to see if these might become available, including just this past weekend & it was still not there. My DSis really likes these. I’m happy I was able to snag times for both Frozen and the Princesses.

For anyone else interested, Frozen is only on the first day at sea. The Princesses are on both sea days.

We are spending two nights in Vancouver, planning to do the hop on hop off bus the afternoon we arrive. Anyone else staying in Vancouver for a bit?
We are not - our flight home is mid-afternoon as I’ve got to get ready for another trip (not Disney) the following week. I’ve booked a company that will pick us up at the ship, give us a 2.5 hour private tour of the city & surrounding area, and then drop us at the airport. Vancouver does not want folks at the airport more than 3 hours ahead of the flight & we did not want the DCL offered Vancouver shore excursion before the airport.

We are spending two nights in Vancouver, planning to do the hop on hop off bus the afternoon we arrive. Anyone else staying in Vancouver for a bit?
We are hopping from Wonder to the Norwegian Jewel and continuing on to Anchorage and Denali

We are hopping from Wonder to the Norwegian Jewel and continuing on to Anchorage and Denali
We will board the Island Princess and head to Denali and eventually Anchorage, too!
Are you taking the train to Denali? I wonder about the gifts we get on the MC and the fact that we can only take a small bag on the train. We probably are going to bring an empty suitcase on board the Wonder.

Last edited:
We will board the Island Princess and head to Denali and eventually Anchorage, too!
Are you taking the train to Denali? I wonder about the gifts we get on the MC and the fact that we can only take a small bag on the train. We probably are going to bring an empty suitcase on board the Wonder.
Could you maybe consider shipping some of the MC gifts home so you didn’t have to carry them with you on the next trip?

Could you maybe consider shipping some of the MC gifts home so you didn’t have to carry them with you on the next trip?
We will be asking at our hotel, so that may work.
Princess stores the things we can’t take with us at the hotel we will be in in Anchorage. So if we have the room in the mostly empty suitcase we bring, we may not have a problem at all. Tom figures it will work out, and shipping somethings home is an option.

We will be asking at our hotel, so that may work.
Princess stores the things we can’t take with us at the hotel we will be in in Anchorage. So if we have the room in the mostly empty suitcase we bring, we may not have a problem at all. Tom figures it will work out, and shipping somethings home is an option.
That is a nice service by Princess. Hopefully with everyone likely flying at least one way with this cruise, since it is a repositioning, none of the gifts will be especially large.

Sharing in case anyone is looking for a time filler while in port in San Francisco. This is a great, fun museum, it is free to look ( always nice) and takes coins/ loose change to activate the machines. It is the Musee Mechanique, a collection of coin operated mechanical musical instruments and arcade machines in original working condition. Whether you play or just watch, it is unique experience. It is at Pier 45 on Fishermans Wharf so not far at all from where we will be docking in port. Kids, and adults, have lots of machines to choose from.

http://www.museemecaniquesf.com/

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter