DW in Feb then Aulani in July

stormer

DIS Veteran
Next year we plan on going to Disney World during President's week in February and then going to Hawaii in July. I only have enough points for one trip (even with borrowing). When we don't have enough points for DW I usually book an AP sale 20-30% off and it works out great. I am not sure if it pays to use the points in Florida and pay cash for Hawaii or use the points for Hawaii and pay cash in Florida. Is it difficult to get a reservation using points in July at 7 months at Aulani? Would Hawaii be better to use cash? Does Aulani offer any sales/discounts for AP holders, DVC members, or anything else? I am just starting to look into Aulani and know very little about it. I am somewhat flexible with my dates as long as it is between July 1 and August 7. We would want a one bedroom. I would appreciate any advice.

Summer is a busy time in Hawaii and I think discounts are unlikely. I have seen offers for Aulani but don't recall any for that timeframe. But booking there on points in July may not be the easiest - in fact it may be very difficult although looking for a 1 br will help.

Have you been to Hawaii before? If not and I were looking at paying cash for one of these trips I'd do that for Hawaii but probably not stay at Aulani. Or only stay there a couple of nights to check it out. I might not even go to Oahu or else just spend part of the trip there. We love Aulani but have been to Hawaii quite a few times (all islands) and DH actually lived on Oahu for a few months so we're not rushing around trying to take in all the wonderful sights for the first time. Aulani is a bit off the beaten path so not super convenient for touring although it is still a relatively small island so still doable to use as a base.

Thanks for the advice. My DH and I gave been to Maui, but the kids gave never been. We were thinking of doing about 5 days in Maui and 5 days in Oahu.

Next year we plan on going to Disney World during President's week in February and then going to Hawaii in July. I only have enough points for one trip (even with borrowing). When we don't have enough points for DW I usually book an AP sale 20-30% off and it works out great. I am not sure if it pays to use the points in Florida and pay cash for Hawaii or use the points for Hawaii and pay cash in Florida. Is it difficult to get a reservation using points in July at 7 months at Aulani? Would Hawaii be better to use cash? Does Aulani offer any sales/discounts for AP holders, DVC members, or anything else? I am just starting to look into Aulani and know very little about it. I am somewhat flexible with my dates as long as it is between July 1 and August 7. We would want a one bedroom. I would appreciate any advice.

I can say 100%, absolutely, unequivocally use your points for Aulani! We've gone 3 times, all in July/August, and never once had a problem getting the room we wanted for the dates we wanted at 7 months. We stayed in an Ocean view Studio each time. Had we paid cash for that same room it would've been around $750 per night! You will without a doubt find MUCH better cash deals at WDW. Hope this helps, I'd love to help if you have any other questions about Aulani!

I can say 100%, absolutely, unequivocally use your points for Aulani! We've gone 3 times, all in July/August, and never once had a problem getting the room we wanted for the dates we wanted at 7 months. We stayed in an Ocean view Studio each time. Had we paid cash for that same room it would've been around $750 per night! You will without a doubt find MUCH better cash deals at WDW. Hope this helps, I'd love to help if you have any other questions about Aulani!

Thanks. That is good to hear.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!