NEWS 5/17: Late 2019 itineraries released - link in post #1 (2020 watch thread will start soon)

Has anyone on the boards been able to get through today? Just curious :)

My TA got through and got my quote. Then I emailed her back to see if I could move forward, change to late dining, and add gratuities. After a while I felt guilty and emailed her to say not to worry about it, but she said not to worry - that she was holding for someone else and mine wouldn’t take any time.

I got through after about 1.5 hours earlier and got some quotes and was able to put a reservation on hold. Unfortunately I only got 3/4 of the quotes I needed to get because I had to go to court today lol so I'm all on the phone with my laptop out in the car and finished up the reservation in the parking lot :rotfl:

On hold again but it's only been 30 min. I did get busy signal when I tried calling at first.

The pricing thread was incredibly helpful for us. Based on the updates for P and G bookings, we were able to determine the date we wanted and have our TA call and book all at once without needing information on multiple dates or room categories. So excited to have a reservation on the books!

And, our 2019 cruise will actually be cheaper than our 2017 cruise - both 7-day caribbean!! Part of that is we had the OBB this time and did not last, but it was a pleasant surprise.

Thanks I had the same questions about SWDAS in March 2019.

I WAS looking at March 2019 till I saw the prices...a minimum of $1300 more (for s family of 3) for the same week, same itinerary and same ship offered in 2018 for a western caribbean sailing. I get that the western will see a bump after this last year and the rough times they had in the eastern but not that much.

Currently 2018 pricing for the first week in March (7 day to Western) is $3800 (inside), $4039 (oceanview), $4277 (verandah) and these prices is after SWDAS has been announced.

In 2019 I was quoted $5280 for an inside, $5407 for an oceanview and $5893 for a verandah.

There is absolutely no chance I would pay that for a 7 night western sailing.

I've been rolling over OBB's for a few years now and sailing at least every other year...that looks like it will be coming to an end here real soon.

I set my alarm wrong and woke up late but still managed to get the connecting secret porthole cabins I wanted! I put them on a 3 day hold. If I want Costco to take over management of the res, how do I do that? I didn't delve thoroughly but I didn't see a simple way to do that on the cruise management page on the DCL website. Do I just call Costco and tell them my info and they will call and take the res over?

I set my alarm wrong and woke up late but still managed to get the connecting secret porthole cabins I wanted! I put them on a 3 day hold. If I want Costco to take over management of the res, how do I do that? I didn't delve thoroughly but I didn't see a simple way to do that on the cruise management page on the DCL website. Do I just call Costco and tell them my info and they will call and take the res over?

You will have 30 days to transfer it to Costco, so definitely make sure no matter what happens to pay your deposit before it expires! Costco will be able to walk you through what you need to do - with my TA everything is handled via email so I am not sure how Costco does it. I send in a transfer request, they send back a form I fill out saying I want to transfer it to them, and they do the rest of the transfer on their end.

You will have 30 days to transfer it to Costco, so definitely make sure no matter what happens to pay your deposit before it expires! Costco will be able to walk you through what you need to do - with my TA everything is handled via email so I am not sure how Costco does it. I send in a transfer request, they send back a form I fill out saying I want to transfer it to them, and they do the rest of the transfer on their end.

Thanks so much!! I'll contact Costco and have them walk me through it!

I'm too picky and controlling to use a TA! LOL I want to know all my options first hand and then pick. At least I know this about myself. :rotfl:
You can still do that. The only thing you have to go through a TA for is payment, really

Reactions: JWG
I'm too picky and controlling to use a TA! LOL I want to know all my options first hand and then pick. At least I know this about myself. :rotfl:

LOL I used to be like that when I used and agent and now I just became an agent myself! It is kind of amazing how many people aren't as control freaky about their cabins as you and I are. It blows my mind! But hey, it works for me!

LOL I used to be like that when I used and agent and now I just became an agent myself! It is kind of amazing how many people aren't as control freaky about their cabins as you and I are. It blows my mind! But hey, it works for me!

That's what I think every time I see someone on here that talks about their TA picking their options. Was it easy to become an agent?

My travel agent always has all of my requests on file and gets it on opening day! Sends my quote and I have 3 days to at the deposit! No waiting on the phone and I have always gotten my preferences!! But that is just my experience....

That's what I think every time I see someone on here that talks about their TA picking their options. Was it easy to become an agent?

I had to apply to an agency just like any job -- had an application and two interviews, then I was selected and did six weeks of training before I was "official". I had applied to other agencies in the past and never heard back, so I finally found the one that was the right fit for me!

My travel agent always has all of my requests on file and gets it on opening day! Sends my quote and I have 3 days to at the deposit! No waiting on the phone and I have always gotten my preferences!! But that is just my experience....

That's the way to do it! Once you have that relationship with an agent and they know to go ahead and place that courtesy hold for you, you are golden! Believe me, those opening day hold times are killer. That's what agents are for!

I'm not sure if this is the right spot for it, but I saw that DCL is offering half off deposits for cruises booked through Feb 15th. We aren't planning on cruising till June 2019, but thought that maybe we could book for May with this offer by the end of January and then move our cruise to June of 2019? I had calculated how much I'd need to save for a deposit regardless, but thought this might be a way to get us set up for a little less up front as we'll be booking three cabins for my parent's 50th anniversary. (My parents, my family, my brother and our 19 year old.) Is this viable? And will we have to pay an "updated" deposit when we move the cruises to June 2019 from May 2019?

I’m waiting for dec 2019. We went to Disney world this year, Next December we have Bay Lake suite booked and 2019 we wanna take the kiddos on a cruise!

I'm not sure if this is the right spot for it, but I saw that DCL is offering half off deposits for cruises booked through Feb 15th. We aren't planning on cruising till June 2019, but thought that maybe we could book for May with this offer by the end of January and then move our cruise to June of 2019? I had calculated how much I'd need to save for a deposit regardless, but thought this might be a way to get us set up for a little less up front as we'll be booking three cabins for my parent's 50th anniversary. (My parents, my family, my brother and our 19 year old.) Is this viable? And will we have to pay an "updated" deposit when we move the cruises to June 2019 from May 2019?
Yes you will have to pay an updated deposit. This offer will be expired by the time June is released.

Yes you will have to pay an updated deposit. This offer will be expired by the time June is released.

Thank you! Wouldn't be a huge deal for me, but thought it might help my parents. I'll just put my money aside as planned and book when June is released.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!