Early Dec. 2019 Nothing Available

luke6t6

Mouseketeer
I logged on to DVC this morning at 8 AM sharp to try and book 3 days (12/4 - 12/7) and there wasn’t a room to be had in any room size. I was initially trying to get a 2 BR, but also looked at 1 BR and Studio.

The only room available was a Poly Bungalow at the bargain rat of 121 points per night.

I hope others have better luck.

This is the first time in 3 years we have been shut out of first week of December at 7 months for a studio anywhere. I've waitlisted but we are planning a cash stay offsite as a contingency. It sucks and I blame SWGE.

There hasn't been anything but a scattered night here or there for early December for the last several weeks (or maybe even months for some resorts). What ever availability may have popped up was quickly taken by those stalking (refreshing constantly).

there wasn’t a room to be had in any room size
Unfortunately it is the busiest time, lowest points, christmas season and typically the calm before the holiday crowds. It is usually best to book your home resort at 11 month (that is if you own on property), then at 7 months you can look for something to switch to.

What you could is put in a waitlist and book a room through disney, maybe see if there is any DVC discount. Then if something opens and your waitlist fills just cancel the other room. Just be sure you know the timeframe of the cancellation policy for the room.

yeah those rooms have been gone for months already. that's why you buy where you would like to stay at especially if you're planning on staying at the busiest times for DVC

The Pop Warner Superbowl and the National Cheerleading competition are both held at Disney the first weekend of Dec Wait time to catch the DME to Disney is up to an hour wait that is how busy it is.

I booked at 11 months, planning to switch to a 2 bedroom at SSR for weekend of 12/13, not even thinking it would be an issue. I have been watching those rooms being taken up slowly. I told my daughter yesterday, it looks like we are going back to plan A lol...we may get 'stuck' with our CCV reservation! I know they are still available now, but I'm not feeling very hopeful..

We joined in 2006, first trip 2007. For the first 10 years, ever fall/early Dec, we have had great luck getting several days at BCV, (we have SSR and BLT) Last few years, no BCV.

This year, we did get standard studio at BLT at 11 months. But only got 4 nights for 2 bedroom and have the rest at SSR. Have a one day wait list for another day to BLT for at least a month.

We have 60 points that we may lose....(bad real life year, no trips for 18 months), I was hoping once the 7 month window opened, we could add some days elsewhere, but days have disappeared all over the place.

We joined in 2006, first trip 2007. For the first 10 years, ever fall/early Dec, we have had great luck getting several days at BCV, (we have SSR and BLT) Last few years, no BCV.

This year, we did get standard studio at BLT at 11 months. But only got 4 nights for 2 bedroom and have the rest at SSR. Have a one day wait list for another day to BLT for at least a month.

We have 60 points that we may lose....(bad real life year, no trips for 18 months), I was hoping once the 7 month window opened, we could add some days elsewhere, but days have disappeared all over the place.

Inventory changes all the time. Just set up a waitlist for a couple of the larger resorts and checking the online availability to see if other locations open up. I'd bet you'll get something even if you don't immediately at 7 months.

Inventory changes all the time. Just set up a waitlist for a couple of the larger resorts and checking the online availability to see if other locations open up. I'd bet you'll get something even if you don't immediately at 7 months.

Yeah, we were thinking of going a day or two ahead of the rest of the family, so I may set up the waitlist like you suggested. But also, my DD may take her two youngest on a "little kid only" trip during the summer for a few days , so that will use up those points.

I booked at 11 months, planning to switch to a 2 bedroom at SSR for weekend of 12/13, not even thinking it would be an issue. I have been watching those rooms being taken up slowly. I told my daughter yesterday, it looks like we are going back to plan A lol...we may get 'stuck' with our CCV reservation! I know they are still available now, but I'm not feeling very hopeful..
If you can live with a dedicated 2 bedroom at SSR I think you’ll be good at 7 months. Only a couple days to goo. Good luck.

How about a lovely beach visit? Aulani and Vero both had rooms including 2BR units.

In the meantime: Waitlist.

The Pop Warner Superbowl and the National Cheerleading competition are both held at Disney the first weekend of Dec Wait time to catch the DME to Disney is up to an hour wait that is how busy it is.

Pop Warner is 12/7 to 12/14 this year.

I logged on to DVC this morning at 8 AM sharp to try and book 3 days (12/4 - 12/7) and there wasn’t a room to be had in any room size. I was initially trying to get a 2 BR, but also looked at 1 BR and Studio.

The only room available was a Poly Bungalow at the bargain rat of 121 points per night.

I hope others have better luck.

We got a 1-BR on Monday at SSR for the 6th-9th...we kind of went into the 7 month period expecting that to be the only place we could maybe get into, and luckily they were still available.

I've never seen it so busy in December- seems to be Star Wars effect.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!