Early Dec. 2019 Nothing Available

My wait list for a BLT Std Studio for 1 nt came through, thus completing our 4 night stay Dec 1-5. So I cancelled our backup Dec 15-19 BLT Std Studio. Someone's going to be happy!

Extremely limited availability, especially for studios, in early December shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone. I booked a couple of months ago for a 2 bedroom lockoff at OKW. Given that people like to travel in early December because of all the Christmas stuff being up in the parks and the lower points needed, and given that many travel with extended family and want lockoffs (which take a studio and one bedroom) it is easy to see why studios would be in short supply for that timeframe.

Extremely limited availability, especially for studios, in early December shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone. I booked a couple of months ago for a 2 bedroom lockoff at OKW. Given that people like to travel in early December because of all the Christmas stuff being up in the parks and the lower points needed, and given that many travel with extended family and want lockoffs (which take a studio and one bedroom) it is easy to see why studios would be in short supply for that timeframe.

I'm surprised every year when the posts come up as surprised that there isn't availability for early December. It's tightened even more in the 11 month window but has had difficulty for well over a decade especially for studios.

Ya, this is a bit of a bummer. We wait-listed for our home (Poly) and OKW. Figured it was a unicorn since we need a roll in shower but nope, notta/zilch avail. I went ahead and booked a cash room and was able to find one at Coronado Springs for 300.00 a night. Staying 5th through 9th. Hopefully something will come up but not holding my breath.

Ya, this is a bit of a bummer. We wait-listed for our home (Poly) and OKW. Figured it was a unicorn since we need a roll in shower but nope, notta/zilch avail. I went ahead and booked a cash room and was able to find one at Coronado Springs for 300.00 a night. Staying 5th through 9th. Hopefully something will come up but not holding my breath.
At 7 months we were able to get a roll in shower at SSR. Did you try there?

Ouch $300 a night. DVC is so worth it when you look at cash prices even at the moderates. I hope that includes tax and then if you have a car you have to pay for parking. It can add up quickly.

At 7 months we were able to get a roll in shower at SSR. Did you try there?
Ya, we tried there. I was playing earlier this morning and found Dec 7-9 at SSR and started booking it. Hit confirm and someone had already snagged it. Started over and there was 1 night avail. Same thing happened again.

Ouch $300 a night. DVC is so worth it when you look at cash prices even at the moderates. I hope that includes tax and then if you have a car you have to pay for parking. It can add up quickly.
Ya, that included tax. Magical Express for us. Work for an airline. Im not paying to park a car. Thats just nonsense!

We're brand new CC members, and had been waiting to book for the past month in Dec at CC/BWV/BCV/BLT/AK in that order - if possible - 1BR

Early December was sparse outside the 7month window even a month ago. We're flexible and shooting for the 10/11th Arrival. One think we noticed was some isolated night availability (1BR ) issues. But most places had contiguous nights starting somewhere after Dec 11th.

Anyhoo - we were able to get both CC and BWV for 6 nights in mid Dec, before the uptick in x-mas point costs - but it appeared to us (novices) that the first 10 days of December were VERY hard to locate regardless of that 7 month window. Not sure its SWGE, but perhaps some other events as well.

We're still waiting on a single night (Dec 13 friday ) at those 2 resorts - to avoid a split-3-way stay , crossing our fingers

It's been like this in early December for years now.

I check availibility weekly all year out of interest and it seems busier than I’ve seen it with rooms going quicker- I concentrate on 1 beds though.

HI
I'm a new Dvc member and was hoping to plan my first trip for the holidays in December. Has anyone gotten in during December after being on the wait list?? Plane tickets are reasonable right now, but I have no confirmed place to say.

HI
I'm a new Dvc member and was hoping to plan my first trip for the holidays in December. Has anyone gotten in during December after being on the wait list?? Plane tickets are reasonable right now, but I have no confirmed place to say.
If you are a direct buyer then Disney will do a “welcome home” booking for you.

For The welcome home booking you need to contact your guide. They can’t guarantee which resort you will get but even with zero availability online they might be able to accommodate you.

The welcome home booking is only available to direct buyers which haven’t made their first booking yet.

AT this date, I think the Welcome Home booking that Cyber1987 mentioned will be you best chance...but even so they may not have anything available. If they have cash inventory owned by DVD or undeclared rooms they maybe can pull some magic to get you there in December.

If you bought resale, go on a waitlist, things do change, but I would not be counting on a DVC stay for December if it hasn't already booked. Unless you're willing to book at cash stay at Disney, and have a generous cash cancellation period just in case a DVC Room becomes available, I wouldn't book air. Even in the relatively non-busy times I book my room first, then my air.

Just checked again on a whim and the entire month of December opened up for studios at SSR. People must have jumped their res to Riviera?? I booked 4th-9th.

Just checked again on a whim and the entire month of December opened up for studios at SSR. People must have jumped their res to Riviera?? I booked 4th-9th.

Riviera opens on the 16th. Most likely they are releasing rooms they were holding for renovation, they may have held too many.

Riviera was already booked for open+ several days as of last night by Riviera owners, and doesn't open until 12/16.

Riviera was already booked for open+ several days as of last night by Riviera owners, and doesn't open until 12/16.

Yes. But perhaps people who booked early December trips as place holders moved their entire reservation once Riv opened? Or maybe a hole opened in the time-space continuum. Frankly I don't care WHY. I'm just happy we got our trip booked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!