Early December or April

gracie

Earning My Ears
Help! I need some opinions. I'm a single mom, planning to take my DS to WDW next April with my annual IRS refund.

But, I just saw airfares from Seattle at $120!! I could save over $600 on airfare and about $250 on our room if I go in December.

Here's the question: Would you temporarily go in debt to finance a trip to WDW in December, knowing you could pay it off in February?

Open to opinions. Thanks!!

Absolutely!! I am going in April and I cannot believe how cheap I could go right now. It is unbelievable. It is not feasible for us to go now, but if it was I think I would do it. April is an expensive time to go. You would save a ton of money if you go now. Did you see that Courtyard by Marriot at Downtown Disney has rooms for $25.00!!!!!! Just make sure you use your tax refund to pay off your credit cards and not go on another Disney trip!

Not only are you going to get great rates on flight and hotels the crowds in early December are very light! I hear April is a very busy time. We were there the end of Nov/ early Dec last year and it was great!

I would! For all of the reasons previously stated.
But I would be sure to keep that tax refund money earmarked for paying off your trip. Don't spend it on something else as well.
But if you can save $850 on your trip, then you could SAVE that money and put it towards the NEXT trip!!! Be sure to buy hopper passes and leave a day on them. I always say that it is our leftover day that gets us BACK to WDW! :)

Thanks all, for pushing me closer to the December choice! I think I'll just pretend that refund doesn't exist, but when it does arrive, grab those bills and pay 'em off!!

And BethR, I think that's a pretty sneaky way to keep planning extra trips to WDW - I love it!! And, I'm going to use it too.

Thanks again!

While I would normally never consider going into debt over a vacation, with these incredible low rates this December, I too would go in December. Make sure you would definitely be going in April with your tax refund anyways, that it will be a sufficient amount and that you will not be needing it for something else.

Going in December will also be an added incentive to filing your taxes early to get that refund! If you start saving a little now too, maybe when you get your refund, you will pay off the whole trip and still have a lot more left over to pay other bills, put in the rainy day fund, or plan for another WDW trip!

Good luck!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter