Early flight, have DME, NEED wheelchair...

I saw the phone. DH tried to use it, it and was in an unhelpful loop. We did not stay with it long.

That's too bad. I guess the DME cast member that told me several phones were available was wrong. I'll give it a try in the morning when I leave WDW. I don't expect much.

That's too bad. I guess the DME cast member that told me several phones were available was wrong. I'll give it a try in the morning when I leave WDW. I don't expect much.
We saw one...there may have been more. I hope you are successful finding one that works!

I saw the phone. DH tried to use it, it and was in an unhelpful loop. We did not stay with it long.

Could you explain what an unhelpful loop is? Was it not working, or were you just getting options that didn't get you what you wanted?

So you pressed one, and they knew to send a wheelchair and attendant to that location. But then it said it again? Ugh, how frustrating!
It was a loop. It continued without acknowledging that anything was pressed. It would have been frustrating if we really needed a wheelchair. I was checking it out for future reference.

Probably the keypad was broken. All through the decades public phones have been subject to hard usage and even vandalism. (Did you hear a tone in the receiver/handset when you pushed the button? Did you try other buttons?)

My friend and I needed 2 wheel chairs when we arrived at MCO vis DME on the 19th, Driver said we had to call ourselves and that the airlines or airport did not want DME to be involved.

We walked in and were trying to find the phone and someone feom the airport walked by. We asked him for help and he said to follow him up to the main floor and or wait and he’d head to southwest to have someone come get us.

Well, he comes back and says they told him they would not and that we needed to make our way to Terminal A. It was so frustrating. We did manage very slowly to get there, but I have no idea what would have happened if we really were unable to walk that far,

I think the next time I travel with her..I only needed one this time due to foot surgery..I will pay for Uber/Lyft to take us right to Terminal A if we are flying an airline that is there.

My friend and I needed 2 wheel chairs when we arrived at MCO vis DME on the 19th, Driver said we had to call ourselves and that the airlines or airport did not want DME to be involved.

We walked in and were trying to find the phone and someone feom the airport walked by. We asked him for help and he said to follow him up to the main floor and or wait and he’d head to southwest to have someone come get us.

Well, he comes back and says they told him they would not and that we needed to make our way to Terminal A. It was so frustrating. We did manage very slowly to get there, but I have no idea what would have happened if we really were unable to walk that far,

I think the next time I travel with her..I only needed one this time due to foot surgery..I will pay for Uber/Lyft to take us right to Terminal A if we are flying an airline that is there.

Do you recall seeing the Starbucks as you entered the airport after getting off of the WDW DME bus?

This probably could be resolved with the writing campaign from the community to the stakeholders....airlines. disney and airport.

Frankly, I'm surprised that private porters haven't figured out this need. Their were plenty of porters at the car rentals moving bags to the terminal strictly for tips.

Excellent plan! As I think I posted previously, that's what I did last time, Ubered to Southwest, and it was so well worth the $29+tip. I walked about 5 steps to the wheelchair at curbside check-in, and I have no doubt I wouldn't have had to walk that far if they saw I struggled.

I'm sorry to see this is still an issue with DME. Years ago we were unsuspecting when we were dropped off and needed to get to Southwest to check in. Fortunately, a porter was down in that area and took our luggage up. Back then, my husband was able to walk a bit, but it was a struggle. We're considering flying and using DME for our next trip. DH now uses his own ECV so it shouldn't be an issue...provided DME can accommodate the ECV. Can they?

Yes, Magical Express accommodates wheelchairs, scooters, etc.
Going back to the airport you need to make sure your reservation mentions your use of this equipemt.

This detail is one of the various DME homebound details, changes, and corrections that are always granted but whose normal deadline is morning of the day before the day you will check out and sadly go home.

LOL when we lived in Alabama, folks would say "Would you carry me to the store?" - meaning "Can I have a ride to the store?" It always struck me as funny, but it's very commonly used, at least in northern Alabama where we were!
Yes! I moved to AL when I was 19. The first time a man asked if he could carry me to the store, it was a flat NO!! 🤣🤣

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!