Easier with a CPAP on the "couch"?

Doctor P

<font color=navy><font color=navy>Chocolate covere
Is it easier to plug in a CPAP machine in a category 11 if one sleeps on the third bed/"couch"?

How difficult is it to plug in a CPAP in any cat? Do we need an extension cord? How would you do sleeping arrangements?

I purchased an extension cord to keep in my CPAP travel bag. I just plugged it in behind the TV and ran it across the cabin to where I was sleeping. Worked great.

There's no reason to sleep on the couch bed just beacuse you have a CPAP.

Just bring an extention cord that long enough to route along the top of the drapes that separate the two halves of the stateroom. That way, it doesn't have to be on the floor, and nobody will trip over it.

Now I'm curious: What the H... is a CPAP :confused:

Please shed some light on a European, who sometimes is driven nuts by your love for acronyms ;)

Just a little FYI...if you want to use the cpap by the bed you can get an adapter from guest services to fit the European(220V) outlet behind the bed...then you wouldn't have to run a cord. I travel with a friend that uses a vent & two other pieces of med. equipment so we need to use three outlets. We also bring one of those outlet strips. Enjoy the bed & have a great vacation!!:p

Viking, it's a machine that helps people with breathing problems while sleeping.

Originally posted by MarkRG
Viking, it's a machine that helps people with breathing problems while sleeping.

Thanks MarkRG,

I suspect then that it is a device against the breathing arrests (Apnoe) which often happen to heavy snorers.

Originally posted by Viking
I suspect then that it is a device against the breathing arrests (Apnoe) which often happen to heavy snorers.

Exactly! CPAP is a medical industry (not Internet) acronym for Continuous Positive Airway Pressure. It keeps the airway pressurized for the treatment of obstructive sleep apnea. Without it, there is a very big risk of stroke as I sleep.

Originally posted by Crissup
Exactly! CPAP is a medical industry (not Internet) acronym for Continuous Positive Airway Pressure. It keeps the airway pressurized for the treatment of obstructive sleep apnea. Without it, there is a very big risk of stroke as I sleep.

Thanks a lot Crissup,

now my curiosity is 100% satisfied - And I even know now that Apnoe (German) is Apnea (English) - although it both comes from Greek, but medical terms are often slightly different in our languages.

Originally posted by Doctor P
Is it easier to plug in a CPAP machine in a category 11 if one sleeps on the third bed/"couch"?

BTW,
if you need a picture of a Cat 11-stateroom, just mail me. I happen to have one as we did our first cruise in a Cat 11. I think it was #7123 on the Magic.
Click here for email: viking

I used my CPAP machine and was able to stay on the bed. I have an extension cord that I keep in the travel bag and I plugged it in behind the tv set. I set the unit on the floor and I had to use the side of the bed nearest the divider curtain, but there weren't any problems with it.

My cord wasn't long enough to go above the curtains like Werner suggests, but I put the CPAP machine back in the travel bag every morning and just stowed the cord behind the tv.

hth

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter