Easter 2018

DisneyinPA

Mouseketeer
We have some points left over so thinking about an Easter trip. Arriving Wednesday before and leaving the Tuesday after Easter. Am I nuts? Will the crowds be at least somewhat manageable? Will be trying to take advantage of evening extra hours. Any tips would be great. Thanks!

I have never been at Easter, but especially since it is Flower and Garden time, you have the points, I would definitely go. I go over NYE and Fourth of July, but I am not heavy doing parks those times of the year. I am happy with the 3 FPs, and if we can get into others, fine. We swim and enjoy fireworks.:flower1:

Based on the old, traditional logic of crowd calendars and room rates, Easter is/was the 2nd busiest time of the year (after Christmas/NYE week)
MK usually had 7am EMH to help with all the crowds.

It seems 2017 Easter was much less busy than "normal", but it was also a very late Easter week that didn't combine with other typical spring break weeks. I would not be surprised if the end of March Easter 2018 is busier than 2017... but then, again July 4th 2016 and 2017 were both significantly lower than "normal".

I've done Christmas and July 4th. If you concentrate on having holiday fun with your family vs conquering the parks, peak times can be fun. There tons of guests, but also tons of CM's attempting to keep the parks moving.

Just go with the idea of either rope drop, or arrive later and just do FP and shows until dinner. (Unless you are lucky and notice a "short" line)

I think it's miserable if you are trying to conquer the parks with little kids. If you are ok with a lot of resort time, then it will be fun.

The last time I was at WDW for Easter was 2014 and I have to say it was not as bad as I expected it to be. Of course it was crowded but I've seen worse. I was in DL for Easter the following year and it was horrible. We're actually already booked for Easter 2018!

I did an Easter trip with my kids this year. Had Easter Brunch at California Grill after they received their Easter baskets from Stitch that morning. We had a great time and didn't notice crowds being too crazy. We always go in October and it was less crowded than that.

We have gone a number of times at Easter, just about the time your are thinking about. The parks are crowded, but the weather is usually wonderful. We don't usually go in the summer, but I think the crowds are about the same, but with less humid weather. We take advantage of fastpass+, make dinner reservations in advance and plan on a down time at the resort.

We've been every holiday season multiple times and Easter is my favorite. If you have small kids, the resort's do lots of extra activities and they'll even deliver Easter baskets to your room on Easter morning. Are the parks crowded? Yes. But if you have a good plan in place and make it an easier going trip, you'll have a fabulous time.

Thanks for all the info. Looks like their is still lots of studios and one bedrooms available and airfare doesn't look too bad either.

I've been contemplating this same question. We are going on a Disney cruise and I wanted to visit WDW a few days prior. I would probably go the Wed after Easter Sunday for 3 nights. Hard decision.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!