Easter at Disney

imsoccermom

Earning My Ears
We have for the past 5 years gone to Disney for Christmas. This year we have been moving and unable to make our normal trip. I am thinking about going for Easter. Could you please give me some tips. Best time to look for hotel discounts, crowds at Easter vs Christmastime, cost at Easter vs. Christmastime and is there anything special that is set up for Easter. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Cathy

Well, the second time that I went to disney was during easter. (The first time was at thanksgiving) Crowds were heavy, but we saw and did everything that we wanted, and the lines were not bad at all (thanks to fastpass). We went at a fairly slow pace, because our son had just turned 1 days before. All we heard before our trip was how crowded it would be, and how we should go someother time. But, I would not have changed it. We had a great time. They really didn't do anything special in the parks, but somewhere had egg hunts (can't remember where).

You will find the crowds comparable to Christmas Week but with a little alleviation from theme park crowds because all the waterparks are open (and full by 10 or 11 in the morning). The most crowded park the entire time will be MK and it will be elbow to elbow on Easter Sunday.

As far as special events, there are not many as Disney does not treat Easter like Christmas. You will see some additional decoprations but most are hardly noticeable. A number of the resorts have an Easter Egg hunt on Easter Sunday and an Easter Bunny usually shows up.

The "Easter" parade at MK is simply the daily parade at 3 with some additional Easter themed floats added. That runs during the week leading up to Easter and on Easter. Thus, you need not go to MK on Easter Sunday to see it (go one of the days before). MK is super crowded on Easter Sunday partly because a lot of guests believe something special happens there on Easter Sunday that does not occur the other days of the week. It doesn't. Thus, avoid that park on Easter Sunday if you can. Restaurants tend to stick with their regular menus, thus no special Easter dinners, although they sometimes fool you by having special looking menus that call some of the regular faire (like turkey or ham) an Easter dinner.

It is peak season which is a little less than Christmas Week (holiday season). Discounts are very often hard to come by during the two Easter Weeks although they had some room discounts last year through AP and that may possibly be repeated this year because of decline in tourism. You should regularly check a site like www.mousesavers.com for possible discounts as they could show up anytime between now and Easter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter