Easter egg hunts on Disney property.

Atlantis~crystal

Earning My Ears
Hi all,we will be staying at OKW but we may be checking in late in the day on easter.We were wondering if any one had info on easter egg hunts not only at old key west but perhaps other hunts etc..We will be driving so it's going to be tricky when one is keeping the chocolate from melting in the baskets..hope the ac helps!Our little girl is hoping the Bunny will find her on vacation.Any helpful tips would be appreciated & info on egg hunts too.Thanks so much.:earsgirl: :wave: :Pinkbounc

We stayed at the Poly for Easter 2000 and the Poly had a hunt around 9 a.m.

Not sure what time other resorts had them . . .you might want to check with OKW and see if they are having anything . . .

Have a safe and enjoyable trip! :smooth:

OKW will have two hunts.
On Easter Sunday, April 20, Guests ages 5 to 15 are invited to the annual resort-wide Easter Egg Hunt at Disney's Old Key West Resort. More than 1,000 eggs will be hidden in some very interesting places this year—and the hunt isn't over until the last egg is found! Guests ages 4 and under can also play 'egg detective' during our Tiny Tot Easter Egg Hunt. Lots of treats will be hidden for little ones to find.

Also Epcot is having hunts at the Heritage Garden in the American Pavilion. Deb's website has the info on this one:
http://www.wdwig.com/easter.htm

Hope this helps!
Cindy in NY

Can a guest of any Disney resort participate in the Easter events, or do you have to be a guest of the resort holding the event?

Sam

The Easter egg/candy hunts held at various WDW resorts are for that resort's guests only. The hunt in Epcot is for all park guests.

I spoke with CRO about the resort festivities the other day. I was told it doesnt matter what Disney Resort you are staying at you can participate in any resorts activities. So if you are staying say at CBR you could go to the Polynesian and participate in the Easter Egg Hunt there. I questioned her pretty throughly on this and she even got off the phone to ask her manager and guest services. The reason I asked in the first place was that our resort originally was not having any sort of festivities. I found out last night they have added some.

My information came right from Disney resort people and also is the "official" information from the top of WDW resort management. Perhaps you might want to check with the resort management holding the events rather than rely on reservation people. And then again they might tell you ok to avoid an unhappy guest as Disney often does. What I do know is that the individual resort is paying out fo their budget for their holiday events for their guests. Can you imagine what would happen if all the WDW guests decided to go to one particular resort's event? That certainly would be unfair to that resort's guests. Maybe WDW should hold events around the property at the different resorts and charge a fee to those who wish to participate.

We did the OKW hunt last year. It was limited to three eggs per kid. The eggs only had paper strips inside that you turned into the Community Hall for a prize. Late in the afternoon, there were still about 300 eggs still out. We started looking about 8AM and had a tough time finding our three. You had to turn the strips in during a certain time period, plus you had to give your room number and name.

I didnt just rely on the CRO representative. She talked with her manager and also with Guest Services. I believed it to be true because last year when we stayed at the Contemporary any Disney Resort Guest was allowed to participate in theirs. There were people there from all different resorts. As a resort guest of the Contemporary it didnt bother me at all. The kids had a blast. Who knows they may have changed it in the past year but thats not what I was told by someone who checked it out. Its really a moot point for me now because our resort is offering Easter activities. Maybe in the past few days they have realized that maybe each resort needs to offer something and not just a few.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter