Eat at Home 3!

Largely made last week's meal plan.

This week, it's all about the cheap protein - ham. I don't love it, but for 99 cents/lb, I can't avoid making it. Kids got a treat yesterday with Red Baron pizzas on sale for the 1st time in forever (if I ever buy pizza, it's always made the same day b/c my freezer is not big enough to store them). Here's the plan...

Sunday - Red Baron Pizza, German-style coleslaw (apple cider vinegar, dijon mustard, raw honey, olive oil, s&p), raspberries

Monday - Crockpot ham, bakery french bread, roasted butternut squash, more raspberries

Tuesday - Ham part 2 (we'll see how much is left to decide what gets made), roasted potatoes, roasted broccoli, blackberries and red papaya

Wednesday - Lemon "butter" garlic shrimp, cous cous, cucumber avocado salad, more papaya with orange juice and bananas

Thursday - Steak tacos (this is the one meal I failed to make again, so let's try again with a Mexican concept), black beans, clementines

Friday - Last Church Soup dinner - Bringing top 9 allergy free Roasted Tomato and Bell Pepper soup, vanilla cupcakes, and fruit

Saturday - Birthday meal request at Five Guys

Update - ham went THREE days, so Ham Part 2 was a Germanesque pasta (ham, almost french onion soup style onions, cabbage, wild garlic, nutritional yeast (parm was the original recipe) and beef broth with s&p - it was surprisingly good). Had roasted broccoli and grapes with it.

Part 3 was ham sandwiches on fresh sour dough biscuits (kid made) with a ham bone lentil soup with veg. Made a 4 veg salad with it.

Now, I'm good for ham for the spring. Completely. Everything was good and tasted different, but there's only so much you can avoid that your palette still is eating ham 3 days in a row:).

Today, we're finally doing the old steak - gonna do a take on salisbury sauce (b/c spouse ate no mushrooms in his lunches so I have baby bella and button), but with red wine and rice milk vs beef broth and dairy...I'm gonna mash or roast potatoes (good with gravy) and roast off the last of our cabbage.

I just wanted to post this because it's a great way to meal prep common ingredients at the beginning of the week then assemble meals out of them very quickly each night. This guy has consistently great content.
I will have to check it out

I’m off tomorrow and will go grocery shopping then because we’re gone all weekend until Sunday night.

Sunday: baked sausage and peppers, mashed potatoes
Monday: pasta puttanesca, garlic bread
Tuesday: slow cooker potato soup
Wednesday: sandwiches
Thursday: chicken piccata, rice pilaf, side salad
Friday: baked haddock (chicken strips for DD), potatoes, spinach

Changing the weekend (kicking birthday dinner to Sunday)...

Friday Church dinner - bringing top 9 allergy free pesto quinoa and clementines (I just don't have enough time to make a decent soup)

Saturday - home birthday dinner (this is the request) - tuna fish sandwiches with mayo, relish, and celery on deli rolls topped with lettuce, tomato, and onion, baked onion rings, strawberries and grapes

Sunday - birthday dinner out

I have an Aldi's duck defrosting for Monday (bought yesterday and it's still a block of ice in my fridge, so it should be right about on for Monday) - that will be duck part 1 and 2 for Mon/Tues, but we'll see what goes with it after I do my 2nd shop Sunday...

Plan for the week, days or presentation might change. My produce order got messed up and I have a lot of produce to use.

Tonight meatballs and sausage. I also had tomato cucumber salad.

Sunday pizza day. Probably leftover meatballs for an evening snack
Monday some type of meat and broccoli
Tuesday tacos? May try to find something to go with green beans instead
Wednesday shrimp and asparagus.
Thursday Steak sandwiches
Friday and Saturday look at the food I have left.
Sunday Easter lunch at a restaurant.

Signed up for Kroger and looked at all their coupons. Found many I could've used. DW wound up not wanting to go, so we just went to Walmart and bought many of the same things we were going to buy at Kroger. Paid a little more, but it is what it is. Meal plans...

Sausage wraps;
Grilled chicken;
Crispy chicken wraps;
Pasta salad/bread;
Friday is pay day!!!

BTW, I bought some muffins too. So may start carrying those instead of getting 1 at Mickey Ds every morning, even though my breakfast was $1.62 (hard to beat and probably can't beat, lol, even making at home).

Signed up for Kroger and looked at all their coupons. Found many I could've used. DW wound up not wanting to go, so we just went to Walmart and bought many of the same things we were going to buy at Kroger. Paid a little more, but it is what it is. Meal plans...

Sausage wraps;
Grilled chicken;
Crispy chicken wraps;
Pasta salad/bread;
Friday is pay day!!!

BTW, I bought some muffins too. So may start carrying those instead of getting 1 at Mickey Ds every morning, even though my breakfast was $1.62 (hard to beat and probably can't beat, lol, even making at home).
Good work remember change is a slow process and takes time. Do a little at a time. Not going to McDonald’s every day will get you out of a routine. You are right in rare instances it is cheaper to buy out.

Sunday- Ever present chicken cutlet (DH is consistent and easily pleased LOL)/ L/O filet and roasted potatoes for me
Monday- Tortellini with texas toast
Tuesday- Teriyaki tacos with rice
Wednesday- Pizza at the local brewery (DH does social media for them so we get a gift card each month)
Thursday- Grilled cheese w/ tomato soup (me) and chicken & rice soup (DH) or breakfast for dinner
Friday- Leftovers
Saturday- TBD
Sunday- Easter dinner at my mom's (she's got the free spiral ham and a green veg, I'm making sweet potato casserole and getting the ice cream cake and bread, my brother is doing a pasta dish (he and my sister in law don't particularly like ham)

🔹Sunday: Beef Pot Roast with carrots & potatoes
🔹Monday: Baked Tortellini
🔹Tuesday: leftovers from previous 2 nights
🔹Wednesday: Sushi bowls
🔹Thursday: Smoked Sausage with Mac & Cheese
🔹Friday: Chicken piccata (maybe)
🔹Saturday: Easter dinner at the In Laws
🔹Sunday: Easter dinner with my family (I will take a salad and deviled eggs)

So, this week has been the week of extending the normally pricey, but less pricey, holiday proteins for the week. Aldi's whole duck ($2.79/lb) and Safeway Beef Rib Roast ($5.99/lb) have both gotten 2 meals each for $20-$25 for the protein (making them about what I spend for a chicken meal)...the kids and spouse have been very happy...

Monday - Whole roasted duck with homemade orange sauce, roasted cauliflower (same sauce), bakery French bread, strawberries and clementines

Tuesday - Beef rib roast (aka Prime Rib) with red wine and carmalized onion gravy, mashed potatoes, roasted asparagus, fresh red papaya

Wednesday - Duck organ and orange vegetable (roasted butternut squash, sweet potato, and carrot) risotto (used up a risotto bag I got cheap months ago) with extra duck on top - made a deep bone broth with the caracass and used the last of the orange sauce with duck fat to be the normal liquid and fat for the risotto - this was so good - also had a grape, strawberry, and clementine salad

Thursday - Prime Rib part 2 - I'm leaning to a beef leftovers with some extra frozen meatballs in the oven (I have less beef) - gonna have homemade garlic bread, sauteed spinach, and strawberries - may simmer the bones for beef broth as well (saved for a future recipe)

Friday - ?? No Church Lenten day so I need to scour my fridge to see what meatless thing I haven't made - probably a (Frozen) Langostine, Lemon, Garlic, and White Wine Orzo, b/c I found both Aldi's frozen langostine and orzo bags searching for my risotto yesterday with a green vegetable salad and clementines

Saturday - Dinner at friend's house - I'm bringing most of the produce - likely roasted pineapple, roasted carrots, and a homemade top 9 allergy fresh apple pie bar

Sunday - Hot Cross Buns for breakfast - Lamb Loin Roast, Carmelized Onion and Red Wine/Rosemary Jus, Mashed Potatoes, Roasted Carrots, and Berry Fruit Salad for Dinner (I think - I'll update once I shop)

So, this week has been the week of extending the normally pricey, but less pricey, holiday proteins for the week. Aldi's whole duck ($2.79/lb) and Safeway Beef Rib Roast ($5.99/lb) have both gotten 2 meals each for $20-$25 for the protein (making them about what I spend for a chicken meal)...the kids and spouse have been very happy...

Monday - Whole roasted duck with homemade orange sauce, roasted cauliflower (same sauce), bakery French bread, strawberries and clementines

Tuesday - Beef rib roast (aka Prime Rib) with red wine and carmalized onion gravy, mashed potatoes, roasted asparagus, fresh red papaya

Wednesday - Duck organ and orange vegetable (roasted butternut squash, sweet potato, and carrot) risotto (used up a risotto bag I got cheap months ago) with extra duck on top - made a deep bone broth with the caracass and used the last of the orange sauce with duck fat to be the normal liquid and fat for the risotto - this was so good - also had a grape, strawberry, and clementine salad

Thursday - Prime Rib part 2 - I'm leaning to a beef leftovers with some extra frozen meatballs in the oven (I have less beef) - gonna have homemade garlic bread, sauteed spinach, and strawberries - may simmer the bones for beef broth as well (saved for a future recipe)

Friday - ?? No Church Lenten day so I need to scour my fridge to see what meatless thing I haven't made - probably a (Frozen) Langostine, Lemon, Garlic, and White Wine Orzo, b/c I found both Aldi's frozen langostine and orzo bags searching for my risotto yesterday with a green vegetable salad and clementines

Saturday - Dinner at friend's house - I'm bringing most of the produce - likely roasted pineapple, roasted carrots, and a homemade top 9 allergy fresh apple pie bar

Sunday - Hot Cross Buns for breakfast - Lamb Loin Roast, Carmelized Onion and Red Wine/Rosemary Jus, Mashed Potatoes, Roasted Carrots, and Berry Fruit Salad for Dinner (I think - I'll update once I shop)
Wow I haven’t found prime rib on sale this week. Just ham. I have one in the oven right now that we will probably use for sandwiches

This week got totally changed up.

Tuesday my oldest son decided to do pizza night at his house last minute
Wednesday steak mushrooms, broccoli and mashed potatoes
Today tacos. DD and I might have the ham I am cooking for sandwiches
Friday corned beef sandwiches

I was out on an appointment & errands from 10:30 til 4 today, so we did pizza & wings takeout. This is the first take out or eating out we’ve done in 2 weeks, pretty unusual for us.

Friday - frozen fish, French fries & homemade coleslaw.

Saturday - corned beef, sautéed cabbage & carrots. ( corned beef I got on sale around St Patrick’s Day)

Sunday - roast boneless pork, garlic & herb roasted potatoes, asparagus, applesauce. Hoping to make a chocolate pie.

Monday - breaded chicken, lettuce & tomato sandwiches, cranberry sauce

Tuesday - bbq beef ribs, garlic pasta & vegetables, applesauce

Wednesday - pasta with meat sauce, crusty rolls, tomato & cucumber salad

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!