Eat at Home 3!

westcoastfldisneygirl- that avocado pasta sounds amazing! I am going to try that this week as a side with grilled pork chops- thanks for sharing the recipe!

DH is on this temporary 3pm-midnight shift this month so I have to make dinners that he can take to work and re-heat, and that I can make in the morning before I leave for work depending on my schedule. Last week I used up stuff we had on hand and leftovers. This week and next I am off Sundays so we will be grilling meats on Sundays to be able to use throughout the week. I did that the week before last and it worked out well. Our garden is coming along nicely. The lettuce, spinach, kale, and herbs are doing great, and the peppers, grapes, and berries are getting there.

S (off)- grilled steak w/creamed spinach & crusty bread
M (7-5)- grilled chicken wraps w/fruit
T (1-10)- grilled pork chops w/avocado pasta
W (8-5)- grilled sausage & potatoes
Th (off)- taco salad
F (1-11)- sweet & spicy chicken w/kale and rice
S (10-7)- eat out

Today: White fish with roasted asparagus (maybe rice depending how I feel) Had the last of my spaghetti leftovers as I didn't want to waste them
Tomorrow: Chicken sandwiches (swiss cheese, honey mustard, lettuce, and avocado) with veggie filled pasta salad
Tuesday: L/O
Wednesday: Veggie pizza and salad Skipped the salad because I was lazy, but I did make the pizza
Thursday: L/O
Friday: Helping a friend move so most likely will pick food up Went out to lunch then had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for dinner
Saturday: Cobb salad Ate the last of the pizza because my leg was really bothering me.
Sunday: Veggie fried rice Keeping this for dinner but making a big salad for lunch here soon (need to hard boil some eggs and cook some bacon)
Monday: L/O
Tuesday: Eggs, toast, hashbrowns Changing this to the white fish with roasted asparagus
Wednesday: Sushi out with work friends (we go to a $20 all you can eat place)
Thursday: Veggie pasta alfredo
Friday: L/O
Saturday: Steak and roasted brussel sprouts

Breakfast with be scrambled eggs and roasted potatoes or yogurt with fruit.
Lunch would be leftovers, salad, or sandwiches.
Snacks will be almonds, sliced cheese, or veggies with dip.

You know it's a good week when you make 3 muffins from scratch (strawberry rhubarb, pineapple banana coconut, and strawberry blueberry) and none last more than 12 hours in your house. I seem to be making muffins instead of the old 1950s standby of cookies for kids to grab and snack on (enough that my husband commented on it to his workmates, who thought he should bring them in)...why? 1. They are healthier, b/c I'm always dumping 2 fresh fruits in, 2. They are cheaper, b/c the fruit needs to be cooked or tossed (since I buy on Fridays and make the muffins starting Monday/Tuesday), so that becomes almost free, and 3. They are so darn easy to make and clean up - one bowl, one mixing spoon, one 12 cup muffin tin, and some paper liners...so, me being lazy and cheap leads to some extra health and some extra homemade treats (b/c these are way cheaper than spending $4 to get 4 heavily sugared, heavily preserved muffins at the store:)...

So, anyway, back to this week's menu...I'm in process, but I have some thoughts in no day order, so I figured I'd get my brain process started here...

Mains - Hoisin Chicken Udon Noodles, Honey Mustard Chicken, Lamb, Rosemary, and Hummus Meatballs (too much free hummus in my house from grocery store "winnings"), Crockpot BBQ Ribs, Sandwich or Breakfast Day, Pizza Day, One Leftovers Day or Chili

Sides - Buttered Corn on the Cob, Sliced Tomatoes with Homemade Chive Dressing, Sweet and Sour Cucumber Dill Salad, Caesar Salad (friend gave me fresh romaine from her farm today for watching her son - score!), Fresh Pineapple, Fresh Strawberry Kiwi Salad, Fresh Mango, Muffins (2 more types - maybe Strawberry Banana and/or Mango), Mashed Sweet Potatoes and/or Mashed Potatoes and/or Baked Fries

I have to deal with a dinner that I can get on the table in 10 minutes for Sunday and Monday (so I might use a crock or do most of the meal ahead and warm it)...and a split dinner Wednesday, so it's a very crazy week to fit meals around, thus why most of my sides are fresh or in salad form (or prebaked, like muffins)...still have to figure out what mains work best what days and what ones go best with the sides:)...

Probably do this piecemeal this week as I pull out the dishes...
Sun - Crockpot BBQ Country Style Pork Ribs, Buttered Corn on the Cob, Caesar Salad, Diced Mango

You know it's a good week when you make 3 muffins from scratch (strawberry rhubarb, pineapple banana coconut, and strawberry blueberry)....
I really need to do stuff like this more often, but baking freaks me out. Even stuff like muffins and quick breads from scratch. No idea why. I can cook like crazy... but mention baking and I'm all like "NOPE!!".

We did really well last week! We even ate at home on Friday because it was pouring down rain and we didn't feel like getting soaked!

Sat - we had steaks, shrimps and cheesy potatoes

Sun - my brother is passing through town with his family so we are meeting them for dinner

Mon - hot ham and cheese sliders with corn on the cob

Tues - Hamburgers and ?? (Chips or Mac & cheese??)

Wed - Crockpot cheesy chicken and rice, broccoli (this was left from last week because DH picked up some orange chicken from Costco so we had that instead)

Thurs - breakfast for dinner - pancakes, scrambled eggs and sausage

Friday - dinner out

I really need to do stuff like this more often, but baking freaks me out. Even stuff like muffins and quick breads from scratch. No idea why. I can cook like crazy... but mention baking and I'm all like "NOPE!!".

I bake like I cook - measuring is by eye:)...so I'll never make fancy treats and uber-complicated stuff...but anything that gets chucked in a bowl and stirred is in my wheelhouse...I refuse to roll stuff out, so my biscuits and cookies are all drop type, my pie crusts are all store bought, and things like fondant will never have a place in my house:)...

I bake like I cook - measuring is by eye:)...so I'll never make fancy treats and uber-complicated stuff...but anything that gets chucked in a bowl and stirred is in my wheelhouse...I refuse to roll stuff out, so my biscuits and cookies are all drop type, my pie crusts are all store bought, and things like fondant will never have a place in my house:)...

The only baking I can do "by eye" is bread - anything else and I need a recipe! Muffins are a great way to use up fruit that is on its way out - will have to keep that in mind.

We are cruising into the end of the school year - crazy schedules, so I'm trying to keep meals simple.

Sa pizza - fig jam & Manchego cheese (this kinda rocked)
Su italian chicken sausage sandwiches w. peppers & onions (ciabatta)
M chicken tikka, naan - prepared chicken tikka from costco + frozen peas
Tu Tofu stir fry w. broccoli and red pepper, black rice
W Tofu Parm, pasta- I have both "firm" and "extra firm" tofu from Trader Joes - trying to decide which to use in the stir fry and which to use for Tofu Parm...
Th Beans on Toast - probably eggs & toast for the kids
F Reuben Sandwiches

Also, 4 weeks from right now I will be on the plane to WDW!

Okay, so here's today's plan (sitting prepped in my fridge, waiting to bake for dinner)...
Mon - "Kitchen Sink" Greek Lamb Meatballs (okay, I admit, this is a 1st for me and totally off the cuff, Chopped-type basket cooking - I had leftover feta, lemons needing to be used, hummus dying in my fridge from spouse not eating it, and rosemary overrunning my garden - I figure they are all Greek flavors, although we'll see if they all match together with Panko, egg, salt, and pepper). I'm gonna bake them like Rachel Ray bakes her cupcake tin meatballs and we'll see how it goes. I'm serving this with another total newbie dish, Pastor Ryan's Ricotta Tomatoes (from Pioneer Women with a few changes, again based on my fridge), Beer Bread, and Strawberries. I may throw in a bag of ravioli in case some of the littlest won't touch the meatballs, although spouse said they smelled good raw...

DH is eating low carb so the kids and I are playing it fast and loose with the carb side dishes. Basically, what do we want and what do we have...very in the moment. LOL

Mon-pork chops, not sure of carb side, salad
Tues-homemade pepperoni pizzas (DH will have his on cloud bread) with veggies and dip
Wed-spaghetti bolognese (over zucchini noodles for DH and I)
Thurs-turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, broccoli
Fri-hot dogs, chips or pretzels, veggies and dip
Sat-going out for dinner after an event
Sun-leftover turkey dinner

Last edited:
Sunday-Homemade pizzas and salad
Monday- Was every man for himself. Dh and Ds had to run out to an event.
Tuesday-Tofu Parm (we had it last week for the first time in a year or more and everyone loved it)
Wednesday-Chicken burgers, sweet potato fries, cauliflower (veggie burger for dd)
Thursday- Breakfast for dinner (pancakes, eggs, fruit smoothies etc)
Friday- Pork Chops, Salad ,Baked Potatoes
Saturday-Turkey, Homemade Bread, Brussel Sprouts, Roasted Carrots and Parsnips, Salad
Sunday- Skinny tuna noodle casserole.. not sure what the boys will have yet.. but it's mothers day and that's what I would like.
Monday- Baked Potato Soup and salad
Tuesday - Open faced turkey/gravy sandwiches (grilled cheese for dd) whatever fruits and veggies are left to be used up ..

And Tuesday night we head for the airport hotel.. off for 7 nights at Universal Orlando Resort:sunny::cool1:

Okay, so here's today's plan (sitting prepped in my fridge, waiting to bake for dinner)...
Mon - "Kitchen Sink" Greek Lamb Meatballs (okay, I admit, this is a 1st for me and totally off the cuff, Chopped-type basket cooking - I had leftover feta, lemons needing to be used, hummus dying in my fridge from spouse not eating it, and rosemary overrunning my garden - I figure they are all Greek flavors, although we'll see if they all match together with Panko, egg, salt, and pepper). I'm gonna bake them like Rachel Ray bakes her cupcake tin meatballs and we'll see how it goes. I'm serving this with another total newbie dish, Pastor Ryan's Ricotta Tomatoes (from Pioneer Women with a few changes, again based on my fridge), Beer Bread, and Strawberries. I may throw in a bag of ravioli in case some of the littlest won't touch the meatballs, although spouse said they smelled good raw...

Today's plan was a home run - nothing left and people begging for more of both. Note to self - keep this in mind the next time I see cheap ground lamb (I only buy it when it's as cheap as beef, and I can get it every few months for $2.99/lb)...

So, I've got the rest of the week's plan...finally!

Tues - Beef, Cheese, Onion, and Bell Pepper Enchiladas, Fresh Pineapple and Mango
Wed - Stuffed Carmalized Banana and Ricotta French Toast (haven't made this before and haven't made french toast in forever, so gonna try it), Bacon, Fresh Strawberries
Thurs - Shrimp, Pineapple, Bell Pepper, and Onion Thai Curry (bottled sauce), White Rice, Fruit Muffins
Fri - Boiled Hot Dogs (haven't made these in forever, either, and kids want them), Baked Fries, Sweet & Sour Cucumber Salad, Fruit Smoothies
Sat - Out for 1st Communion Celebration
Sun - My kids are cooking - I asked for something they can make (and that they and I like), so I picked Fully Loaded Nachos with a Cold Fruit Soup (either Mango/Coconut/Kiwi or Strawberry) - we'll see how they do, b/c I even asked for fresh guacamole:)...

Today's plan was a home run - nothing left and people begging for more of both. Note to self - keep this in mind the next time I see cheap ground lamb (I only buy it when it's as cheap as beef, and I can get it every few months for $2.99/lb)...

So, I've got the rest of the week's plan...finally!

Tues - Beef, Cheese, Onion, and Bell Pepper Enchiladas, Fresh Pineapple and Mango
Wed - Stuffed Carmalized Banana and Ricotta French Toast (haven't made this before and haven't made french toast in forever, so gonna try it), Bacon, Fresh Strawberries
Thurs - Shrimp, Pineapple, Bell Pepper, and Onion Thai Curry (bottled sauce), White Rice, Fruit Muffins
Fri - Boiled Hot Dogs (haven't made these in forever, either, and kids want them), Baked Fries, Sweet & Sour Cucumber Salad, Fruit Smoothies
Sat - Out for 1st Communion Celebration
Sun - My kids are cooking - I asked for something they can make (and that they and I like), so I picked Fully Loaded Nachos with a Cold Fruit Soup (either Mango/Coconut/Kiwi or Strawberry) - we'll see how they do, b/c I even asked for fresh guacamole:)...

So, tossed my Wed plan, moved Thursday's to Wednesday and have now redone Thursday on...here's the current plan:)...

Thurs - "Grocery Trip Inspired" Ratatouille with Embedded Fried Eggs Topped with Fresh Mozzarella served on Toast (this was a home run) and Fresh Strawberries (the leftover ratatouille combined with canned tomato soup and milk made the best lunch today, too)
Fri - Baked Fresh Salmon Fillets with Butter, Dill, and Lemon, Baked French Fries, Blueberries, Cucumber Dill Salad
Sat - (now doing lunch out, so) - Chicken Caesar Salad, Baked Potatoes Topped with Bacon, Chives, and Cheddar
Sun - (staying with original plan) - Mango and Coconut Soup with Fresh Kiwi Floaters, Loaded Beef and Cheese Nachos
Mon - Beef Meatloaf (probably Italian version), Mashed Potatoes, Roasted Yellow Squash
Tues - Stuffed Zucchini, Sliced Apples, Double Berry Muffins
Wed - App Night - Homemade Jalapeno Bacon Cheese Poppers, Friday's Mozza Sticks, Fresh Fruit Plate with a Pumpkin Cream Cheese Dip
Thurs - Leftovers or Slip Dinner Night (we might be hitting trivia night to get rid of a previous gift card trivia prize before it expires and to have a virtually free date night...if we do, we'll have frozen pizza and fruit for the kids that day and push a dinner a day later:)...

We did well this week! Stuck to the plan!

Fri - Out

Sat - nephews birthday party

Sun - out for Mother's Day to my favorite restaurant

Mon - crockpot beef stroganoff over buttered noodles, green beans

Tues - spaghetti and salad (DDs pick of the week)

Wed - crockpot smothered pork chops and gravy over rice, carrots and cucumbers

Thurs - One pot unstuffed cabbage rolls, crusty bread

Fri - ?? Maybe out or fend for yourself

Monday: Penne pasta, red sauce and meatballs from the freezer, salad
Tuesday: I have my late night at work. I'm bringing leftovers there, H will have leftovers at home
Wednesday: Copy cat panera bread mac and cheese, broccoli and carrots with ranch
Thursday: I have my workout class. Leftovers
Friday: Slow cooker salsa tacos, spanish rice
Saturday: Animal Kingdom with friends for the day!!!:cloud9: ready for some Dole Whip
Sunday: Chicken noodle soup and grilled cheese sandwiches

Next set of meal plans! I will be eating out once each of these two weeks due to plans. BUT, it's planned for so not the end of the world!

Tonight: Steak, roasted brussel sprouts, and a salad (lettuce from my patio garden)
Tomorrow: Brats, mac and cheese
Tuesday: Helping a friend unpack after her move... will most likely be there all day.
Wednesday: L/O
Thursday: Santa Fe chicken skillet and corn
Friday: L/O
Saturday: Veggie hash and eggs
Sunday: Pork chops with mushroom gravy, green beans, and maybe mashed potatoes
Tuesday: Going on a day trip with friends!
Wednesday: Italian chicken and veggie kebabs
Thursday: L/O
Friday: Spring vegetable pilaf
Saturday: L/O
Sunday: Honey garlic shrimp with broccoli and rice

Breakfast: Yogurt with fruit, eggs with hashbrowns, oatmeal with fruit
Lunch: L/O, tuna salad, chicken salad
Snacks: Nuts, fruit, veggies with ranch dip

Sun - honey paprika drumsticks, roast kumera and green beans
Mon - mushroom, spinach and walnut pasta
Tues - tagine with some leftover chicken and chickpeas
Wed - grilled sandwiches and fruit
Thurs - carrot, cumin and chickpea soup with garlic bread
Fri - out to a friend's place
Sat - mushroom and pea risotto

Stuck to thr plan last week except one day. DS had his final for culinary arts after school and his teacher had food for them then his band concert after that, so DH and I just had leftovers. DH is also working days this week, DS has band awards Monday and a cookout and execution ultimate frisbee game on Tuesday, so I am not exactly sure what order our meals will be. I grilled a bunch of stuff today to use throughout the week, and we're eating burgers and fries tonight. Plans for the rest of the week:

Hot dogs with cantaloupe

Bbq pork chops with mashed potatoes and crescents

Chicken tacos with guacamole

Grilled pork chops with avocado pasta

Chef salad

Chicken club sandwiches

Been busy with kids Spring sports so I haven't posted in awhile but we've been keeping up with the meal planning!

Monday - ranch pork chops, roasted potatoes and green beans
Tuesday- taco casserole, salad
Wednesday-kielbasa bake
Thursday -Tuscan chicken pasta
Friday - pizza
Saturday -steak and cheese subs, fries
Sunday - Amusement park

Mon-leftovers (ham, hot dogs, broccoli and cheddar sauce, pineapple, applesauce, carrots, cucumber, noodles)
Tues-pizza for the kids, I'll pack a lunch to eat on the go, veggies and dip, DH will be home alone and will fend for himself
Wed-burgers, pretzels, whatever fruit and/or veg we feel like having on the side
Thurs-chicken alfredo pasta, salad
Fri-packed picnic dinner (fruit/veg/sandwiches/crackers/cheese etc)
Sat-eating at the inlaws' house
Sun-eating at my parents' house

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter