Here is my week

Sunday (11:45-6:30) tacos
Monday (off) roasted chicken with sweet potatoes and zucchini
Tuesday (10-6) ham and pineapple flatbread
Wednesday (2-9:30) chicken enchiladas
Thursday (10-6:30) leftovers
Friday (3-9:30) grilled ham and cheese with tomato soup
Saturday (off) a 1st birthday party for my nephew

I did a freezer inventory yesterday so I know exactly what I have in there now! I did pretty well again last week so this is definitely helping! I also made a big batch of spinach mozzarella meatballs Saturday morning to use for a few days.

Sunday
(yesterday) Meatballs/pasta with tomato sauce
Monday Spinach meatballs in a creamy white sauce over brown rice, zucchini
Tuesday Ranch Pork chops (never made them last week), sautéed baby carrots
Wednesday Low carb Chicken Bacon Caesar Casserole, salad
Thursday Fat Head Pizza crust with sundried tomatoes, olives, and mozzarella
Friday Italian Veggie sausage soup with barley
Saturday Volunteer Appreciation dinner at church

Sunday- Roast chicken, roast potatoes and carrots, salad, homemade bread at my Mom and Dad’s

Monday- Garlic and Dijon Pork Roast, roast cauliflower, salad

Tuesday - Buffalo Chicken Penne

Wednesday- Pork Schnitzle, potato leek soup, salad

Thursday -Breakfast for dinner (omelettes, pancakes, fruit)

Friday - Tofu Parmesan

Saturday- Fried Rice, dumplings

I am defrosting a huge turkey breast now. That will be...
Turkey tetrazzini with peas
Turkey stuffing casserole with roasted vegetables
Turkey tacos and salad

I have a large seasoned pork roast frozen too. That will be...
Pork roast, gravy, potatoes, green beans
Dirty rice and black beans

I’ll also do soup beans and biscuits, and breakfast (waffles, bacon, and eggs).

I allowed myself ONE order in our take out a month.. so the other day we ordered Chinese after a very long stressful day.. $ 50 worth lasted thru one dinner for 5...and about 6 lunches/ Dinner for a varies family members, so not too budget killing... NOW back to cooking every day... Going to sit down and plan next few days. I can do this!!!

Sunday- Roast chicken, roast potatoes and carrots, salad, homemade bread at my Mom and Dad’s

Monday- Garlic and Dijon Pork Roast, roast cauliflower, salad

Tuesday - Buffalo Chicken Penne

Wednesday- Pork Schnitzle, potato leek soup, salad

Thursday -Breakfast for dinner (omelettes, pancakes, fruit)

Friday - Tofu Parmesan

Saturday- Fried Rice, dumplings

tofu Parmesan recipe??? Please....

This will be a short week. On Sunday we drove home after five days spent in Austin meeting our new granddaughter. We leave for Atlanta on Thursday to surprise our daughter for her birthday.

The few meals I am making will be pulled from items in my pantry/fridge/freezer.

Sunday
I'm afraid we ate a takeout dinner (purchased from Buc-ee's) while barreling down I10.

(Almost) Meatless Monday
Red Beans (freezer)
Brown rice
Wedge Salad

Taco Tuesday
Beefy Soft Tacos
-lettuce, tomato
-cheese
-sour cream
Pinto Beans (freezer)
"Mexican" Rice

Wednesday
Ham (freezer, Christmas leftover)
Sweet Potato Wedges
Brussels Sprouts

Thursday (on the road)

Friday
Out for daughter's birthday

Saturday
TBD, whatever the birthday girl would like, I'm guessing we'll go out.

https://domesticsuperhero.com/baked-tofu-parmesan-with-kraft-fresh-take/

There are many recipes to try with slight variations. I prefer this one because of flash freeezing the tofu. It makes it much easier to work with , and it’s baked and not fried in oil. She’s doing a Kraft endorsement for this recipe.. just use your favourite parm to mix in with the breadcrumbs. We top the slices with mozzarella. :)
I'm vegan so going to have to tweek with vegan parm and vegan parm....love finding new ideas for tofu... thanks for sharing :)

I'm vegan so going to have to tweek with vegan parm and vegan parm....love finding new ideas for tofu... thanks for sharing :)
I think it would work just as well using the vegan cheeses. We don’t use much of either cheese in the recipe. We use seasoned bread crumbs and don’t find the parm adds much. It calls for an egg wash to make the bread crumbs stick, but I’m sure that olive oil would do the trick.

Things are finally slowing down at work - I like eating dinner with my family! It makes me happy!

Monday- Pierogis, ham and sauteed cabbage
Tuesday- Tofu Scramble w. zucchini and pasta
Wednesday- pork burritos
Thursday- Lamb meatballs, cucumber and tomato salad, naan
Friday- Pancakes and sausage
Saturday - Pizza
Sunday - Thanksgiving Meatballs, mashed potatoes, some kind of veg

Saturday- out to eat
Sunday - pot roast, carrots, potatoes
Monday - leftovers
Tuesday- Mexican chicken salad
Wednesday - soup/sandwiches
Thursday- salmon, rice, green beans
Friday - Italian sausages, ravioli, peas

I only skipped the Citron Marinated chicken, switching that for Sirloin Steak/Onion/Pepper/Zucchini fajitas...everything else was the same and WILDLY successful (more than I thought it'd be)...even when I used Black Olives in my Ratatouille (and my family usually hates them), they all said it was my best version of the dish (with the sausage over orzo) ever...so I have those open olives and some more plans for this week:)...

Sun (E-A-G-L-E-S, EAGLES!) Homemade Baked Buffalo Chicken Tenders, Carrots and Celery Sticks with Blue Cheese, Blueberries and Kiwi, Sweet Hawaiian rolls (stupid good deal for these at Aldi's, so kids get again! And the chicken tenders were also a great deal))...
Mon - Homemade Teriyaki Glazed Baked Chicken Tenders, White Rice, Sauteed Bok Choy (this was also skipped last week), Apples and Pears
Tues - Chicken Fried Rice with Egg/Carrot/Scallion/Leftover Bok Choy and Teriyaki Chicken, Clementines and Mango
Wed - Crockpot Beef and Beer (gonna try a few olives here) over Mashed Potatoes, Roasted Acorn Squash, (Blueberries for kids who skip squash)
Thurs (teens here) - Stouffer's Mac and Cheese, Roasted Broccoli, Fresh Fruit Salad
Fri - $5 deal day protein - Probably Italian Hoagies, Fruit Smoothies (last of fruits), Chips (and any leftovers of mac or beef)...
Sat - OUT

I may change one day (if no leftovers or no time) for a frozen cod butter chicken dish (butter chicken sauce goes well over white fish, too...and I have this fish to get rid of) or to add in my last week citron tea chicken...but this is the "main idea" plan...

Made a few adjustments for Wed/Thurs/Fri (1st part of the week was as is)...

Wed - Did a Veal/Peppers/Spinach Crockpot Meal over Spaghetti with Grapes (Veal HAD to be used - cleaned out the freezer and it was the oldest protein) - never made this before with veal, but it worked great...
Thurs - Citrus, Wine, and Herb Baked Chicken Breast, Stuffing (again had to be used), Double Blueberry Muffins, Clementine/Mango/Kiwi Salad
Fri - Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas (I have a Buffalo Dip mix, an open gorgonzola block, a romaine salad bag, and leftover raw chicken I have to use - gonna use some sour cream, some hot wing sauce, some grated carrot and onion, and some open blue cheese dressing to pull off something pretty tasty - I hope - never done this before, but never did the veal dish, either and that worked:)...I'm gonna make a fresh fruit smoothie with a pint of blueberries (last one to use up) and another fruit...

After this, I'm gonna shop and make plans for next week - 2nd oldest thing in freezer was some frozen fish, so I see an Indian fish dish coming next week:)...

Monday: Chocolate chip waffles, strawberries
Tuesday: Italian wonderpot (budget bytes)
Wednesday: I have my workout class. Leftovers
Thursday: H and I both work late. We are getting takeout with a chilis gift card we got for Christmas
Friday: Homemade pizza and salad
Saturday: a friend is opening up a Taqueria, and is hosting a private tasting party! I am excited for it, and for her!
Sunday: Tomato soup and grilled cheese

This week and next week's menus

Monday-chicken and dumplings

Tuesday- tacos, Spanish rice, beans

Wednesday- teriyaki pork chops, mash potatos, green beans

Thursday - stuffed shells, spaghetti and sauce, bread

Friday - movie night, pizza, lots of fun snacks

Saturday - grilled hot dogs (great weather today), fries

Sunday - beef stroganoff soup

Monday- Thai peanut chicken pasta

Tuesday- enchiladas, rice

Wednesday- kielbasa, potato, veggie bake

Thursday -blackened chicken alfredo, salad

Friday - pizza night

Saturday- chicken corn chowder

Sunday- Super Bowl party, lots of not so good for you appetizers and junk

WOW Becc1! Two weeks I'm impressed! I love that you included "fun foods" as well. Movie Night, Super Bowl... :)

Sunday-Organic nitrate free hotdogs and beans, salad
Monday- Zucchini and mozzarella over thick spaghetti
Tuesday-Low carb Chicken Bacon Caesar Casserole (never made it last week)
Wednesday-Sausage/peas/potato Bake
Thursday- Chicken Veggie Stir Fry over Brown rice
Friday-Meatball oven parmigiana, salad
Saturday-Tortellini and vegetable Alfredo

Last edited:
Made a few adjustments for Wed/Thurs/Fri (1st part of the week was as is)...

Wed - Did a Veal/Peppers/Spinach Crockpot Meal over Spaghetti with Grapes (Veal HAD to be used - cleaned out the freezer and it was the oldest protein) - never made this before with veal, but it worked great...
Thurs - Citrus, Wine, and Herb Baked Chicken Breast, Stuffing (again had to be used), Double Blueberry Muffins, Clementine/Mango/Kiwi Salad
Fri - Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas (I have a Buffalo Dip mix, an open gorgonzola block, a romaine salad bag, and leftover raw chicken I have to use - gonna use some sour cream, some hot wing sauce, some grated carrot and onion, and some open blue cheese dressing to pull off something pretty tasty - I hope - never done this before, but never did the veal dish, either and that worked:)...I'm gonna make a fresh fruit smoothie with a pint of blueberries (last one to use up) and another fruit...

After this, I'm gonna shop and make plans for next week - 2nd oldest thing in freezer was some frozen fish, so I see an Indian fish dish coming next week:)...

Okay, now on to this week (dinner tonight was "clear out the leftovers" night, so it was a nice fresh start)...

Sun - Crockpot Citrus and Herb Turkey Breast, Homemade Gravy, Homemade Cranberry Sauce, Stovetop Stuffing (has to be a 10 minute carb b/c we are getting home after 6pm to eat)...
Mon - Crockpot Korean Marinated Pork Ribs and Acorn Squash Stew (with Carrots/Celery/Onion and some extra Kimchi) - littlest will have leftover turkey, White Rice, Strawberries and Blackberries
Tues - BLTAs (Bacon/Lettuce/Tomato/Avocado or full Club Sandwiches if we have any turkey left), Baked Fries, Apple Slices
Wed - Stouffer's Mac and Cheese, (Any leftover bacon as sprinkled topping), Roasted Broccoli, Blackberries and Kiwi
Thurs - Meatloaf, Mashed Potatoes, Iceberg Wedge Salads with Blue Cheese, Tomato, (and any bacon if I didn't use it)
Fri (Birthday dinner request) - Lemon Butter Garlic Shrimp, Lemon and Herb Orzo, Roasted Cauliflower with Lemon Zest, and Remaining Fruit
Sat (Birthday dinner out request) - Hibachi Meal with Groupon

Tues - BLTAs (Bacon/Lettuce/Tomato/Avocado or full Club Sandwiches if we have any turkey left), Baked Fries, Apple Slices

I'm coming to your house for dinner on Tuesday. BLTs are amazing and I need to put them on my menu soon...

My week got a little wonky because my mom invited us for dinner last night (which was fantastic). I went ahead and prepped my meal that was going to be for Sunday/Monday, but has now been moved to Monday/Tuesday.

Monday - Braised Chicken Thighs with leeks, celery, carrots and white wine, egg noodles
Tuesday - more braised chicken
Wednesday - Chicken Tikka with cauliflower and chick peas, rice
Thursday - Pork Stir Fry, rice
Friday - Sandwiches (either chicken salad, breakfast sandwiches or maybe BLTs if I can't resist the idea)
Saturday - Homemade Pizza
Sunday - Chicken Casserole

I'm traveling for work next week, so need to think about what the rest of the fam will eat in my absence.

Monday
Taco Pie made with leftover taco meat and pantry scrounge
Buttered corn
IMG_2254.JPG

Tuesday
IMG_2253.JPG

Roasted chicken
Dressing (freezer, Thanksgiving leftovers)
Baked sweet potatoes

Wednesday
Macaroni and cheese
Green beans

Thursday
Chicken pot pie
Roasted Brussels sprouts

Friday
Chicken and andouille gumbo
Salad
French rolls

Last edited:
I'm trying to get better at sticking to my meal plans but cold season moves things around a bit.

Tuesday: Twice baked Potatoes, Salad
Wednesday: Tacos
Thursday: Chicken Alfredo
Friday: Homemade Pizza
Saturday: Cheese Soup with Pretzel Bites
Sunday: Beef Stew (maybe with biscuits)
Monday: Leftovers

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter