Eat at Home 3!

Work and cold season have been kicking my behind. Trying very hard to get back into things. My menu for the next two weeks

Sunday (off) I ended up using a giftcard to get takeout from Bob Evans after a long day of cleaning
Monday (10-6) brats with chips and fruit
Tuesday (2-9:30) salad and a hot pocket
Wednesday (9-4) steak with mashed sweet potatoes and carrots
Thursday (off) dinner with friends
Friday (1-9:30) corn and potato chowder
Saturday (2-9:30) macaroni and cheese

Sunday (12-6:30) meatballs subs with fries and fruit
Monday (off) pork tenderloin with rice pilaf and Brussel sprouts
Tuesday (10-2) taco night
Wednesday (2-9:30) leftovers
Thursday (3-9:30) stuffed shells
Friday (off) Hawaiian pizza and salad
Saturday (off) girls night in at my house

Menu Plan Week of Feb. 3rd
Saturday- broccoli cheddar soup with pretzel bites
Sunday - wings, baked zucchini fries, chips and salsa
Monday- spaghetti
Tuesday- chicken and dumplings
Wednesday- leftovers
Thursday- sausage/red beans and rice
Friday - fajitas, corn, black beans

Next week:

Super Bowl Sunday (AKA Man Food Day)
Grilled smoked sausage with hot and sweet mustard dipping sauce
Grilled bacon wrapped shrimp
Debris poboys
Oven fries

(Almost) Meatless Monday
(Badly needed after Sunday!)
Pinto Beans (seasoned with a ham bone)
Cornbread
Spinach/arugula/apple salad

Taco Tuesday
Shrimp tacos
Slaw
Refried beans

Wednesday
Beef ragout
Parmesan gnocchi (trying something new!)
Green beans

Thursday
Pan seared pork chops
Crowder peas with thyme and bacon
Sauteed sweet potatoes and apples

Friday
BBQ chicken (grill)
Grilled zucchini
Baked beans

Saturday - Chicken, Mushroom, Jack Cheese Fajitas, Beans & Rice
Sunday (Super Bowl) - Spinach & Artichoke Dip with French Bread, Soy Ginger Chicken Nuggets, Pizza Bites, Tortilla Chips & Salsa, Guacamole
Monday - Fried Rice w/ Shrimp Skewers
Tuesday - Tortellini & Meatball Soup
Wednesday - Green Chile Carnitas Tacos, Beans & Rice
Thursday - Vindaloo & Naan (picked up the sauce from Costco)
Friday - Cheeseburgers & Fries

This week is mostly trying to clean out the food storage at home. Need to defrost the deep freeze and organize the other spaces. Breakfast will be the usual CYO options and lunch will be leftovers as much as possible.

Sunday: Wings, pizza, pretzel bites with cheese
Monday: Egg roll in a bowl
Tuesday: Grilled chicken and veggies
Wednesday: Minestrone soup
Thursday: Chicken broccoli bake
Friday: Italian meatballs and zoodles
Saturday: Grilled steak and veggies

Monday: Baked chicken with artichokes and tomatoes, dinner rolls https://www.budgetbytes.com/2016/12/baked-chicken-artichokes-tomatoes/
Tuesday: Spaghetti squash and spinach with marinara
Wednesday: Leftovers
Thursday:slow cooker beef stroganoff over egg noodles, carrots with ranch
Friday: Either leftovers of ^^^ or frozen pizza (or a mix of both:confused3)
Saturday: Bean and rice burritos, loaded queso dip
Sunday: H works late, I'll have leftovers/soup/whatever

Anyone else finding themselves stuck in a rut? I get home about 5 from work Monday - Friday and I have to be up at 6AM the next morning so I go to bed usually before 9 (I take meds that make me sleepy so have to be sure I get enough sleep). That doesn't leave me a lot of time to cook on weeknights. So I am making a lot of the same things over and over again. Which I hate! I just hate not having more time to cook.

Okay, now on to this week (dinner tonight was "clear out the leftovers" night, so it was a nice fresh start)...

Sun - Crockpot Citrus and Herb Turkey Breast, Homemade Gravy, Homemade Cranberry Sauce, Stovetop Stuffing (has to be a 10 minute carb b/c we are getting home after 6pm to eat)...
Mon - Crockpot Korean Marinated Pork Ribs and Acorn Squash Stew (with Carrots/Celery/Onion and some extra Kimchi) - littlest will have leftover turkey, White Rice, Strawberries and Blackberries
Tues - BLTAs (Bacon/Lettuce/Tomato/Avocado or full Club Sandwiches if we have any turkey left), Baked Fries, Apple Slices
Wed - Stouffer's Mac and Cheese, (Any leftover bacon as sprinkled topping), Roasted Broccoli, Blackberries and Kiwi
Thurs - Meatloaf, Mashed Potatoes, Iceberg Wedge Salads with Blue Cheese, Tomato, (and any bacon if I didn't use it)
Fri (Birthday dinner request) - Lemon Butter Garlic Shrimp, Lemon and Herb Orzo, Roasted Cauliflower with Lemon Zest, and Remaining Fruit
Sat (Birthday dinner out request) - Hibachi Meal with Groupon

So, I made all of this, except Thursday, where I finally got rid of my frozen cod and some tofu, cauliflower, and celery to make an "inspiration only" version of Cooking Light's Szechuan Tofu with Cauliflower...family LOVED it and said it looked like a dish from a Chinese place, so score for making free tofu and past-its-prime frozen fish into a great dish (I will say, Cooking Light taught me the trick to no-work tofu - buy it cubed, pat it dry, and dust with cornstarch before cooking in a pan - you'll dry it out and get a nice crust with no work)...anyway, here's to this week:)...

Sun - Homemade Nachos (Chili, Queso, Salsa, Diced Avocado, Shredded Iceberg Lettuce, Extra Cheddar, Tostitoes), Fruit Smoothies (Mango, Kiwi, Banana, Ice, Condensed Milk)
Mon - Korean Chicken and Green Papaya Stew (I'll throw in some celery, onion, and carrots, too), White Rice, Blackberries
Tues - Hoisin Glazed Baked Chicken Tenders, Oyster Mushroom/Garlic/Green Onion Saute (from a Paleo website - we're not Paleo, but these items were so cheap today at HMart, and I've never cooked oyster mushrooms before, so gonna give this version a go), Clementines
Wed - Meatloaf, Mashed Potatoes, Roasted Cherry Tomatoes with Balsamic, Strawberries (I want this and missed it this week, so here it is:)
Thurs - Soft Beef Tacos (last of lettuce and tomato and nacho ingredients), Double Blueberry Muffins, Clementines and Bananas
Fri - Hot Dog day (got the nitrate free all beef Oscar Meyer ones for $2/pack today and we haven't had hot dogs since 2017, so this will be a nice treat, especially since I will have no time to cook today), Baked Fries, Leftover Fruits/Veg from week or Smoothies
Sat - OUT (I think we're using our Cheesecake Factory gift cards and having a mall evening, since we haven't done that since 2017, but that plan may change)

Anyone else finding themselves stuck in a rut? I get home about 5 from work Monday - Friday and I have to be up at 6AM the next morning so I go to bed usually before 9 (I take meds that make me sleepy so have to be sure I get enough sleep). That doesn't leave me a lot of time to cook on weeknights. So I am making a lot of the same things over and over again. Which I hate! I just hate not having more time to cook.

I sometimes do - that's usually when I pick up "things I've never bought before" on a lark, and try to make it work:)...

But if you have little time to cook M-F, spend Sunday have a nice cooking day and making something fabulous...and then plan short stuff for the weekdays...I have 2-3 weekdays I get 20-30 minutes to cook (and you can tell which ones these are if you follow my menus), so those become the "just feed everyone decently healthy stuff that's really easy and quick" days vs the "plan something more elaborate" days:)...

This is why I love Pinterest! and this thread:flower1: My old job had the same hours as yours (Now I work 4am-12pm or 6 am-2 pm) so I understand what you are saying!

I am in the same boat as you. I have to be up by 5 and leave by 6:30 and have DD to high school at 7:00 then I head to work early and work until 4:30 . She walks over to my school which is next door. We head home to get dinner ready before hubby gets home at 6:00. Then it is homework, fix lunches and head to bed by 9.

Menu for the week

Monday- tater tot casserole, broccoli
Tuesday- chicken enchiladas, beans and rice
Wednesday-sloppy joes, hush puppies
Thursday-fettuccine chicken alfredo
Friday- MYO pizza night
Saturday- brats and potato salad
Sunday- chicken corn chowder, salads

Thanks guys. I guess I just needed to know I am not alone in it. I just have been getting frustrated with it of late as I am getting bored with my meals... which is bad because that is when I eat less healthy or pick stuff up. My budget is also quite tight for food (about $75-$100 for 2 weeks depending on what else I need to buy that check) so I have to make good use of what I buy and leftovers.

I think I need to go back through the thread and get some ideas. Maybe I just need some motivation.

I sometimes do - that's usually when I pick up "things I've never bought before" on a lark, and try to make it work:)...

But if you have little time to cook M-F, spend Sunday have a nice cooking day and making something fabulous...and then plan short stuff for the weekdays...I have 2-3 weekdays I get 20-30 minutes to cook (and you can tell which ones these are if you follow my menus), so those become the "just feed everyone decently healthy stuff that's really easy and quick" days vs the "plan something more elaborate" days:)...

This is why I love Pinterest! and this thread:flower1: My old job had the same hours as yours (Now I work 4am-12pm or 6 am-2 pm) so I understand what you are saying!

I am in the same boat as you. I have to be up by 5 and leave by 6:30 and have DD to high school at 7:00 then I head to work early and work until 4:30 . She walks over to my school which is next door. We head home to get dinner ready before hubby gets home at 6:00. Then it is homework, fix lunches and head to bed by 9.

Sounds like Crockpot could be your friend!! Do y'all eat leftovers? You can quickly prep foods night before then just throw in crockpot in the AM - home to a delicious smelling dinner in the evening!!

One meal especially I have come to love - if you like Mexican inspired??

1 can drained corn
1 can drained (I rinse also) black beans
1 cut up onion
1/2 sliced (or cut up) green pepper
1 lb. chicken (cut 1/2 chicken breasts or thighs/legs)
Salt/garlic powder
1 jar salsa (we prefer med. hot)

Put in crockpot in order listed - cook low 8-10 hours. Roughly shred chicken in pot (or not). This is a very 'forgiving' recipe that can be changed to suit your tastes. I serve over brown rice (I cook ahead of time, refrigerate, then reheat) Or use white if preferred.

We eat as a 'rice bowl' with crusty bread, add salad if desired.

Yummy!!

Oops...this is a bit late.

Fri-butter chicken, rice, naan, peas
Sat-fasting
Sun-chicken fajitas (onion, red pepper, mushrooms)
Mon-ham, mashed potatoes, green beans
Tues-leftovers ham and green beans for DH, chicken, leftover mashed potatoes, chicken gravy and peas for the rest of us
Wed-fish for DH, chicken fingers for the rest of us with remaining frozen veggies and possibly some homemade french fries
Thurs-leftover fish for DH, soup and grilled cheese sammies for the rest of us with fruit/carrot and celery sticks

Menu Plan Week of 2/10
Saturday- southwest chicken salad
Sunday - Asian stir fry over rice
Monday - eggs, hash browns, sausage
Tuesday - corn chowder
Wednesday- steak, baked potatoes, zucchini
Thursday - burgers, baked fries
Friday - salmon, rice, asparagus

Short week! DISNEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY week!!!!
-
Monday: Baked ziti from the freezer, salad
Tuesday: Frozen pizza, blueberries and raspberries
Wednesday: Leftovers (adding in chicken nuggets if need)
Thursday>Tuesday DISNEY! We have ADRs at Garden Grill, CRT, Ohana, Raglan Road, Hoop De Do Review (not my favorite, but my parents love it) and Frontera Cocina! And eating and drinking around Epcot!:love::love:
-
If anyone else will be at Disney I would love a DisMeet!

Headed to my dad's this evening, we'll probably pick up take out. We'll get back late(ish) on Sunday.

Sunday

Leftovers

Monday
White beans with tasso
Rice
Broccoli

Taco Tuesday
Taco salads

Wednesday
Oven BBQ chicken
Baked Beans
Salad

Thursday
Meatloaf
Field peas
Broccoli

Friday

Shrimp with garlic, peppers and sausage
French bread
Salad

Short week! DISNEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY week!!!!
-
Monday: Baked ziti from the freezer, salad
Tuesday: Frozen pizza, blueberries and raspberries
Wednesday: Leftovers (adding in chicken nuggets if need)
Thursday>Tuesday DISNEY! We have ADRs at Garden Grill, CRT, Ohana, Raglan Road, Hoop De Do Review (not my favorite, but my parents love it) and Frontera Cocina! And eating and drinking around Epcot!:love::love:
-
If anyone else will be at Disney I would love a DisMeet!
We're leaving in ten days to watch DD run the Princess Half. Our ADRs are at Raglan Road, Skipper Canteen, Spice Road, 'Ohana, Boathouse or Brown Derby, Le Cellier and Sanaa :)

Saturday- night out at church Ham And Oyster dinner
Sunday- chili/nachos
Monday- breakfast for dinner (pancakes and sausage)
Tuesday- chicken and rice
Wednesday- Valentine's Day, seafood boil with smoked sausage, potatoes, mussels and shrimp
Thursday- roast beef with mashed potatoes
Friday- wild card/ pot luck with church Bible quiz team

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter