Eat at Home 3!

Today: Fasting (making some chicken broth in my instant pot in case we feel a little hungry)
Monday: Nomnom paleo cracklin chicken, curry roasted cauliflower, salad
Tuesday: ribs, coleslaw, green beans
Wednesday: Dungeness crab with clarified butter, salad
Thursday: Chicken chile verde, potatoes, salad
Friday: Yushiang pork with cauliflower rice
Saturday: Japanese tabletop cooking (either sukiyaki or yakiniku) with real rice and some sake

So, I made all of this, except Thursday, where I finally got rid of my frozen cod and some tofu, cauliflower, and celery to make an "inspiration only" version of Cooking Light's Szechuan Tofu with Cauliflower...family LOVED it and said it looked like a dish from a Chinese place, so score for making free tofu and past-its-prime frozen fish into a great dish (I will say, Cooking Light taught me the trick to no-work tofu - buy it cubed, pat it dry, and dust with cornstarch before cooking in a pan - you'll dry it out and get a nice crust with no work)...anyway, here's to this week:)...

Sun - Homemade Nachos (Chili, Queso, Salsa, Diced Avocado, Shredded Iceberg Lettuce, Extra Cheddar, Tostitoes), Fruit Smoothies (Mango, Kiwi, Banana, Ice, Condensed Milk)
Mon - Korean Chicken and Green Papaya Stew (I'll throw in some celery, onion, and carrots, too), White Rice, Blackberries
Tues - Hoisin Glazed Baked Chicken Tenders, Oyster Mushroom/Garlic/Green Onion Saute (from a Paleo website - we're not Paleo, but these items were so cheap today at HMart, and I've never cooked oyster mushrooms before, so gonna give this version a go), Clementines
Wed - Meatloaf, Mashed Potatoes, Roasted Cherry Tomatoes with Balsamic, Strawberries (I want this and missed it this week, so here it is:)
Thurs - Soft Beef Tacos (last of lettuce and tomato and nacho ingredients), Double Blueberry Muffins, Clementines and Bananas
Fri - Hot Dog day (got the nitrate free all beef Oscar Meyer ones for $2/pack today and we haven't had hot dogs since 2017, so this will be a nice treat, especially since I will have no time to cook today), Baked Fries, Leftover Fruits/Veg from week or Smoothies
Sat - OUT (I think we're using our Cheesecake Factory gift cards and having a mall evening, since we haven't done that since 2017, but that plan may change)

Pretty much stuck to last week's plan (although we did Cheesecake Factory for lunch, so I made a very light dinner of Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup with extra veg for Saturday night to the willing - since we had a big lunch and brought cheesecake home for dessert with our free slices, I had a few folks only have soup or a banana...and with their 1/2 slice of cheesecake - we got 3 for 6 folks - that was enough:)...

Here's this week's plan - Lent will be commencing, so I'm gonna have a lot of fish and vegetarian meals coming over the next few weeks:)...

Sun - Plain S&P Baked Chicken Thighs topped with a Tikka Masala Crockpot Veg (for the adults - Cauliflower, Tomato, Green Onion, Jarred Sauce), White House Rolls, Strawberries (for the kids)
Mon - Chicken Salad Sandwiches (Leftover Plain Baked Chicken, Red Grapes, Celery, Walnuts, Mayo, S&P, and maybe Rosemary or Fresh Sliced Radish), Baked Onion Rings, Leftover Indian Veg and/or Green Salad
Tues (Mardi Gras) - Andoiulle Sausage Hash (Potatoes, Peppers, Onions, Sausage) Topped with Over Easy Fried Eggs, Blueberries and Bananas
Wed (Valentine's Day, but Ash Wednesday - sigh - meatless it is:) - Pear and Gorgonzola Stuffed Ravioli in a Brown Butter Sauce topped with Fresh Arugula (tossed lightly with lemon juice and olive oil)...having Homemade Chocolate Dipped Strawberries and Bananas with dinner so we still fast by having the single full meal (but you gotta have some chocolate on Valentine's Day - so chocolate on the dinner fruit it is:)...
Thurs - Cheeseburgers, Baked Fries, Sliced Red Pears and Gala Apples
Fri - Either Church Soup Dinner (so I'd make a Meatless Baked Potato Soup) or Frozen Cheese Pizza and Smoothies - will decide later...
Sat - OUT (Wedding Dinner - should be fun - Kids will stay home, and I'm getting them Grocery Deli Chicken Tenders, Chips, and Fresh Fruit, so they don't have to use anything but the microwave while I'm gone)

Menu for the week!

Monday -homemade hamburger helper, salad

Tuesday-Fat Tuesday - Gumbo, rice , Kings Cake for dessert

Wednesday- V-Day- heart shaped pancakes, bacon, sausage and hashbrowns (kids request)

Thursday- Cajun chicken pasta

Friday - Chinese New Year - Orange chicken in the slow cooker, beef and broccoli, rice

Saturday - homemade pizza, salad

Sunday - meatball soup and grill paninis

Going to hop onto the this thread. I do quite a bit of meal planning. But lately, it has taken a back seat as I took an extra part time job as a cashier at a grocery store ( just to help pay down some credit cards and bump up the savings as our daughter got engaged recently ) So the challenge is when I'm working for the evening, the hubs makes supper for him and the boys. I plan most weekly meals and our Sunday night meal. Weekends are a toss up of what our plans for the weekends are. We are a busy outdoorsy family.

Mondy ( tonight ) - kickboxing so needs to be easy
Salsbury meatballs ( Pioneer woman recipe ) mashed potatoes, peas and carrots and salad

Tuesday - I'm working
Crock pot chicken, pasta, broccoli, salad

Wednesday
Chicken pot pie ( with left over chicken and I always add an extra breast from buying bulk packs and separating into individual meal size portions. Biscuits, salad

Thursday - working
Smokies and pierogies no veg or salad as I'm gone working and they don't eat that unless I'm home :rolleyes2

Friday - If the hubby and boys are home and not gone to the lake
Pizza night and veggies with dip

Last edited:

Since I am stuck in bed home sick today I figured I would post my meal plan. Trying to rest up as much as possible because I don't have any more sick time after what I used today. The downside to new jobs! I also just picked up a part time online job to do from home so that will cut into my available time to cook even more. But the extra $180+ a month will be for my savings account and for fun money (like trips) so it is worth it!

Breakfast: Fruit (yay Aldi), yogurt, peanut butter crackers, or oatmeal
Lunches: Leftovers, salad (this week), egg salad (week 2)

Sunday: Chicken fajitas
Monday: L/O
Tuesday: L/O
Wednesday: Beef Stroganoff (Hamburger Helper style)
Thursday: L/O
Friday: L/O
Saturday: Honest Mustard Salmon and roasted asparagus
Sunday: Burgers with Macaroni and Cheese (Happy Birthday to me!)
Tuesday: Breakfast (sausage, eggs, and toast)
Wednesday: Pizza
Friday: L/O

Went to the grocery store yesterday to buy groceries for the week. Breakfasts will be pop tarts, oatmeal, cereal, etc. Lunches will be sandwiches, canned soups, leftovers, etc. So here's dinners...

Edit: Forgot Wednesday is Valentine's. So probably eating out with the wife that night.
Will move that meal to another night, maybe Saturday, or next week.

Sunday (yesterday): homemade chili/frito pies, homemade cornbread;
Monday: chili dogs, fritos, other chips
Tuesday: have to work out of town until about 10 p.m., wife will work until 9:15, so yoyo (Your On Your Own)
Wednesday: Valentine's night dinner with my hot date (my DW)
Thursday: chicken fajitas, rice
Friday: have to work until probably 11, so not sure, maybe cereal
Saturday: eat out, possibly with friends

Last edited:

Pretty much stuck to last week's plan (although we did Cheesecake Factory for lunch, so I made a very light dinner of Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup with extra veg for Saturday night to the willing - since we had a big lunch and brought cheesecake home for dessert with our free slices, I had a few folks only have soup or a banana...and with their 1/2 slice of cheesecake - we got 3 for 6 folks - that was enough:)...

Here's this week's plan - Lent will be commencing, so I'm gonna have a lot of fish and vegetarian meals coming over the next few weeks:)...

Sun - Plain S&P Baked Chicken Thighs topped with a Tikka Masala Crockpot Veg (for the adults - Cauliflower, Tomato, Green Onion, Jarred Sauce), White House Rolls, Strawberries (for the kids)
Mon - Chicken Salad Sandwiches (Leftover Plain Baked Chicken, Red Grapes, Celery, Walnuts, Mayo, S&P, and maybe Rosemary or Fresh Sliced Radish), Baked Onion Rings, Leftover Indian Veg and/or Green Salad
Tues (Mardi Gras) - Andoiulle Sausage Hash (Potatoes, Peppers, Onions, Sausage) Topped with Over Easy Fried Eggs, Blueberries and Bananas
Wed (Valentine's Day, but Ash Wednesday - sigh - meatless it is:) - Pear and Gorgonzola Stuffed Ravioli in a Brown Butter Sauce topped with Fresh Arugula (tossed lightly with lemon juice and olive oil)...having Homemade Chocolate Dipped Strawberries and Bananas with dinner so we still fast by having the single full meal (but you gotta have some chocolate on Valentine's Day - so chocolate on the dinner fruit it is:)...
Thurs - Cheeseburgers, Baked Fries, Sliced Red Pears and Gala Apples
Fri - Either Church Soup Dinner (so I'd make a Meatless Baked Potato Soup) or Frozen Cheese Pizza and Smoothies - will decide later...
Sat - OUT (Wedding Dinner - should be fun - Kids will stay home, and I'm getting them Grocery Deli Chicken Tenders, Chips, and Fresh Fruit, so they don't have to use anything but the microwave while I'm gone)

So, stuck to the plan til Thursday - decided to make a Manwich/Beer Shepard's Pie (vs Cheeseburgers) - it was way popular, but made way more than I thought...and since we had the wedding Saturday and took advantage of the Domino's crazy deal for Friday (with leftovers for the kids on Saturday with the planned fresh fruit)...well, I still have 1/2 a casserole to start tonight...but it does make meal planning today easy...

Sun - 2nd half of Beer/Manwich-based Shepard's Pie, Homemade Blueberry Pomegranite muffins, Strawberry and Fresh Mandarin Fruit Salad
Mon - Crockpot Irish Guinness Lamb Stew (Lamb Shoulder, Potatoes, Onions, Carrots, Celery, Radishes, Garlic, Thyme, Rosemary, Spouse's Beer - he has extra again), Homemade Beer Bread, More Fresh Mandarins
Tues - Chicken Fajitas (Onions, Peppers), More Fresh Strawberries
Wed - Citron Tea Marinated Baked Chicken Breast, Cous Cous, Roasted Broccoli
Thurs - Clean-Out-The-Fridge Meatloaf, Mashed Potatoes, Fruit (Not sure what yet, b/c I'm stopping at Aldi Wed)
Fri - Florentine Stuffed Shells Baked in Marinara Sauce, Fresh Fruit Smoothies
Sat - OUT (Not sure where yet or if this will be a date day and take out for kids, or if we'll all go, but I know it's leftovers for the "other" meal whether we eat out lunch or dinner;)...

Saturday- kielbasa bake
Sunday - Chinese take out
Monday - chili
Tuesday - pork chops, mashed potatoes and zucchini
Wednesday- leftovers
Thursday - butter chicken, cauliflower, nann
Friday- beef and broccoli stir fry

Got a little thrown off last week because I was sick and then DH and I went out to eat for a late Valentines dinner over the weekend, so I'm making a couple things this week that we're meant for last.

Monday- Sweet and Sour chicken, beef lo mein, potstickers

Tuesday - Taco Tuesday, tacos, Spanish rice, beans

Wednesday - ham and cheese hash brown casserole

Thursday - chicken Francaise, linguini and asparagus

Friday- movie night at kids school so we'll have pizza there

Saturday- chicken wraps, pasta salad

Sunday - meatball stew

No menu this week, we're heading out to WDW tomorrow to watch DD run in the Princess Half. DH is not a Disney guy-he's one of those annoying nature people who hates the concrete, crowds and noise of the theme parks. When he does go we camp (In our 5th wheel because that's as close to roughing it as his shallow wife will get :teeth: ) at Ft Wilderness and take it easy in the parks. Unfortunately, FW was fully booked a year in advance. DD opted for Pop Century and a fully loaded itinerary. You know Pop Century, the quietest, most laid back resort on property, right? Pixie dusted prayers and wishes that Pop isn't hosting hordes of teen-aged tour groups while we're there would be much appreciated!

At WDW breakfasts will be at Pop. I'm bringing homemade banana nut, blueberry and sausage/cheese muffins. We'll also have fruit and coffee brought from home. We'll bring some snacks and sandwich stuff too.

Sunday
Late lunch at a sports bar (Walk Ons) while watching LSU lose to Norte Dame. Our son-in-law is a ND alum, I'm sure we'll hear all about it this week. Too full for a real dinner. DH had leftovers, I'm afraid that I polished off the last of my Valentine's Day chocolate covered strawberries.

Monday
Scrounge from the fridge. I'll still be cooking today, making muffins and chicken salad for our trip.

Tuesday
Take out, spending the night at my dad's in the NOLA 'burbs.

Wednesday
It's Disney time! Drive day. Chicken salad pitas for lunch. Dinner for DH and I in Disney Springs. DD and DSIL won't arrive until late. I have ADRs at Raglan Road and Paradiso 37-need to decide on one.

Thursday (MK/Expo/Epcot)
Lunch at Jungle Skipper Canteen
Dinner at a Spice Road Table

Friday (Epcot/MK)
Lunch-Epcot nibbles
Dinner-'Ohana

Saturday (Hollywood Studios)
Lunch-TBD This might be a sandwich meal or maybe Brown Derby Lounge.
Disney-Disney Springs nibbles

Sunday (Race Day/Epcot)
Lunch-TBD
Dinner-Le Cellier

Monday (Animal Kingdom)
Sanaa (lunch)

DD and DSIL will head home after lunch. DH and I are moving over to Universal for two days. Planning on trying one of the Harry Potter places and maybe NBC Sports Grill and Brew. We're club level so probably won't do a lot of sit down meals at UO.

A little late to the party (as usual) since my menus go from Friday to Thursday, but...

Fri-chicken bacon alfredo pasta (over zoodles for low carb DH) with salad and veggie tray
Sat-chicken fajitas
Sun-tacos/taco salad/bean burritos/cheese quesadillas
Mon-ham and broccoli for DH, soup and grilled cheese for the rest of us
Tues-leftovers for DH/french bread pizzas for the rest of us
Wed-pork souvlaki for DH/chicken fingers and fries for the rest of us
Thurs-leftovers for DH/hot dogs and mac for the rest of us

We've all been sick on and off for weeks now..Ds13 coming down with full blown virus/fever/bedridden illness twice with only a week in between, me having been sick with influenza for over a week, and now dh waking up with a fever, cough, headache today. Needless to say, eating hasn't been a high priority and cooking was definitely not a focus. Lots of soup and sandwiches around here lately. I've been feeling better since Saturday and ds13 is at about 75% again, so I will be cooking more this week, but I am sure there won't be full appetites for awhile yet.

Sunday - Pork Schnitzel, salad, roasted cauliflower
Monday- Lean ground beef wraps with cheese and veggies
Tuesday- Potato leek soup and homemade bread
Wednesday- BBQ chicken, roasted potato/sweet potato wedges, carrots
Thursday-Chili
Friday- Pork Roast, mashed potatoes/gravy, salad
Saturday- At a basketball tournament and dinner will be at a restaurant with the team

Rest of this week...

Today: Tex Mex tilapia with cilantro lime couscous (Hello Fresh meal)
Thursday: Steak tagliata with sweet potato wedges and green beans (Hello Fresh meal)
Friday: Out to celebrate our son's first piano concert (he's leaning towards pizza right now)
Saturday: Honey lime chicken with rice (Pinterest recipe)

Have a great rest of the week, everyone!

Beginning tomorrow:

Fri-naan pizzas
Sat-dinner out
Sun-jambalaya/lentils and rice/chicken fingers
Mon-leftovers/soup and grilled cheese
Tues-ham dinner/frozen pizza
Wed-leftovers/hot dogs and mac
Thurs-Brinner

It has been awhile since I last posted. Life has been crazy, but will be getting much better soon. I now own my own house and am changing not only jobs but careers. I will be leaving the retail world and will have a set schedule. Monday through Friday 8:30-5. I am so excited it means better pay, weekends off, and a set schedule which means eating at home more often.

This week’s menu was/is
Sunday- pierogies with salad
Monday- pizza
Tuesday- buffalo chicken Mac and cheese with salad
Wednesday- steak with roasted potatoes and corn
Thursday- orange chicken with rice from Trader Joe’s
Friday- chicken parmigiana
Saturday- French toast with sausage and fruit

Monday: Tortellini bake and salad
Tuesday: Leftovers
Wednesday: Baked chicken topped with salsa, cheese and avocado, broccoli (I take the chicken, season and bake with salsa, let cheese melt on residual heat, top with mashed avocado)
Thursday: Penne alfredo w/broccoli
Friday: Leftovers
Saturday: Boneless buffalo wings and alexa waffle fries, raspberries and blueberries
Sunday: Frozen pizza and leftover fruit

It has been awhile since I last posted. Life has been crazy, but will be getting much better soon. I now own my own house and am changing not only jobs but careers. I will be leaving the retail world and will have a set schedule. Monday through Friday 8:30-5. I am so excited it means better pay, weekends off, and a set schedule which means eating at home more often.

Sounds like things are getting better. Congrats Charming! You deserve it and I am so happy for you. There is a lot to be said to having weekends off and a set schedule. I love it!

Here is my meal plan for the next two weeks:
Breakfast: Frozen breakfast sandwiches/bowls, yogurt, or oatmeal
Lunch: Leftovers from dinner or salads
Snacks: Popcorn, pretzels, apple sauce, or PB crackers
Dinners:
Saturday: Eggs, sausage, and hashbrowns or Moe's to use my bday coupon for a free burrito
Sunday: Pork Loin, twice baked potatoes, and vegetable
Wednesday: Beef Stroganoff
Friday: Veggie fried rice
Saturday: L/O

Sunday: Chicken enchiladas
Wednesday: Spaghetti and garlic bread
Friday: Tilapia, pasta, and vegetable

Menu Plan- week of 2/24
Saturday- pizza
Sunday - chicken fried rice
Monday - oriental salad
Tuesday - cauliflower soup, biscuits
Wednesday- leftovers
Thursday - chili spaghetti, green beans
Friday - butter chicken, peas, rice, naan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter