Eat at Home 3!

My friend who moved this weekend to FL :-) brought me the remains of her freezer Thursday (this was unexpected), so I made what didn't fit to end the week. Thursday, we had her Panko Coated Baked Shrimp that I made a Thai Red Curry Roasted Cauliflower and Onion to go with, and Friday, I made her 2 frozen pizzas. Tonight, since we went out for lunch, I used her ground beef for a Meatloaf, and added a Tuscan White Bean stew, strawberries, and Red Lobster Cheddar biscuits. I'm going to keep using up her stuff, since I don't know how old it is (so this week will bring plans from last week with things she has)...

Sun - 4 Cheese Quiche in a deep dish crust (she brought me eggs, an open heavy cream, shredded cheese, and frozen crust, so this seems like a no-brainer on a makeahead night), Green Leaf and Tomato Salad, Red Grapes
Mon - Chicken Pot Pie in the 2nd deep dish crust (so, it will be a crustless top - I might do a breadcrumb or something - not sure - I'm using some of her frozen peas and lima beans in this one), Strawberries
Tues -Homemade Baked Buffalo Chicken Wings (since I skipped this), Celery and Carrot Sticks, Blue Cheese Dressing, Diced Mango
Wed - Steak Fajitas (still have steak to get rid of), Homemade Guacamole and Chips, Fresh Pineapple
Thursday - Steak with Blue Cheese Crust, Carmelized Onions, Mashed Potatoes, Fruit Salad
Fri - OUT (My daughter is getting a restaurant meal with her honor society, so I'll be taking the other kids elsewhere - not sure where yet)
Sat - Leftovers and Smoothies (if no leftovers, I'll make Fried Dumplings and Tom Kha Gai soup)
Sun (Mother's Day) - OUT (Medieval Times Groupon we got awhile ago - my spouse is making me Crepes for breakfast, so it will be a nice full day:)...it's literally been a decade since we've gone, so I'm excited!)

Mostly stuck to the week - skipped the wings and did a baked fresh salmon day (got an amazing deal at the store - wild salmon for $4.99/lb - and boy was that meal loved), and Wed was a disaster, so I ended up making my spouse's favorite Cheeseburger Macaroni Hamburger Helper (somehow he gets this every 6 months and it makes him so happy - I did add some fresh tomato, onion, pepper, and 4 cheese blend, so it was a little less "fake-tasting" to me...he just reveled in the flavor:)), so the steak fajitas moved to Thursday and the steak dinner is today (which is good, b/c we have no leftovers...and there won't be leftover steak:)...so, time to make the new plan:)...

Mon - Crockpot Roast Turkey Breast (it's been awhile and Aldi's had an amazing stuffing deal, so it seemed like fate:)), Aldi's Stuffing Mix, Savory Mashed Sweet Potatoes (with butter and sage), Homemade Cranberry Sauce
Tues - Turkey and Bacon Club Sandwiches (Lettuce/Tomato/Onion/Mayo), Baked Onion Rings, Strawberries and Blueberries
Wed - White Bean and Hot Italian Sausage Stew, Mango Blueberry Muffins
Thurs - (Last of turkey - I'll use chicken if we have no turkey) Turkey Tettrazini with Fresh Roasted Mushrooms (one of my spouse's favorites that I haven't made in years - I make this from scratch by taste not recipe, and not with soup cans, so it's more a cross between a Tettrazini and an Alfredo), Roasted Asparagus, Sliced Pears and Apples
Fri - Leftovers and Smoothies - if no leftovers, it will be frozen pizza night
Sat - OUT (we are hosting a game night, so we'll probably get the fam their favorite fast food box - might be KFC or Wendy's:))

PS - I figure we've had a lot of beef and chicken lately, so the fam should like the change to turkey and pork products this week:)...

Last edited:
Well our week went nothing as planned. It ended up being a free for all and eat a lot of leftovers from the freezer (which is good).

Mon leftovers(bbq ribs from sat)
Tue chicken cordon blue
Wed french dip
Thur leftover
Fri pizza
Sat grilled burgers
Sun chicken shawarma (new recipe)

Last edited:
This week I am planning...
Kielbasa, cabbage
Cucumber salad, chicken avocado ranch salad (mix)
Pork tenderloin and peas
Spaghetti and meatballs
Meatball pizza
Black bean salad
Soup beans, corn bread, bacon brussel sprouts

Busy week and meals just need to get even easier around here. I work from home but I don't have the ability to stand in the kitchen and actually devote time to cooking until about 5pm when everyone is already starving or ready to eat, so I am going to have to use the crockpot more, or prep on the weekends or during morning break.

Tonight- Spaghetti Bolognese, (spaghetti squash for me)
Tuesday- Whole roast chicken, oven baked potato/sweet potato, salad
Wednesday-Eggs, protein pancakes, fruit

That's all I have planned so far. To be continued...

Missed posting last week...but we did good. Stuck to the plan, no extra eating out meals. We looked at our spread sheets, and seen how much we have spent on eating out for two weeks, and knew we would have to rein it in again. I did treat myself and the boys to Dairy Queen on Friday night, and we did go out for a late lunch early supper last night for Mother's Day - which I had budgeted for.
Here is this weeks plan

Monday ( tonight ) leftovers from when the hubby went to the lake - hotdogs & smokies, pasta, veggies and dip or a quick tossed salad
Tuesday ( working second job ) - Hamburgers
Wednesday - Turkey lettuce wraps
Thursday ( working second job ) - pork chops and perogies
Friday - Probably Pizza...the dd and her fiance are coming to visit...so it is up in the air what we will have.

This week's menu:

Sun (off): boneless bbq wings and celery w/ranch dressing
Mon (8-5): crock pot orange chicken w/green beans and jasmine rice
Tue (8-5): double decker cheeseburgers and fries
Wed (1-10): baked sausage parmesan w/veggies
Thu (off): spiced beef and potato hot pot
Fri (1-10): Tex-Mex meatloaf w/guacamole
Sat (8-5): the guys will be out of town for DS's Ultimate Frisbee state tournament so they'll grab dinner out before heading home, I'll just have leftovers

Today...Everyday Meatballs, garlic bread, green beans, strawberries

Upcoming...
Grilled chicken, roasted veggies, fruit
Chicken Tikka, naan, rice, cauliflower
Pork tenderloin, broccoli, potatoes in some form
Burgers, canned baked beans, ?

This week has been a bit nuts
Monday I made a pasta bake since I had leftover sauce
Tuesday ran to the store since we had no food just to grab lunch meat for sandwiches
Wednesday my cousin who comes over weekly her birthday is tomorrow so to celebrate early I made lobsters and chocolate covered strawberries
Thursday we had hamburgers
finally stopped at the store yesterday after a drs app and grabbed tons of meat and stock ups since these days I can barely find time to shop trying to balance working full time from home with life is way harder than I thought.
tonight husband made some extra money so he offered to go out not sure where but excited to go out.

some meal ideas for the next week:turkey breasts with cranberry and stuffing, meatloaf, meatballs,tacos,chicken thighs baked potatoes,pizzas,pork nachos, fried rice and boneless ribs,blts.

Hey all! Tomorrow is grocery day so here is my plan for the next 2 weeks. I don't have details on the sides yet because I am going to stock up on frozen and canned vegetables, canned beans, boxed pastas, and boxed rice. This was a 3 check month so using the opportunity to stock up a bit!

Saturday: Frozen Pizza
Sunday: Mini ham sandwiches, pasta salad, fruit
Monday: L/O
Tuesday: (WFH) Meatloaf, frozen potatoes, frozen vegetables
Wednesday: (WFH) L/O
Thursday: L/O
Friday: (Off) Salmon, frozen vegetables, rice or pasta

Saturday: Steak, salad, broccoli gratin
Sunday: Potato Soup in Instant Pot
Monday: (Off) L/O
Tuesday: (WFH) L/O
Wednesday: (WFH) Okoyadon
Thursday: L/O
Friday: Baked Red Snapper with Garlic, frozen vegetables, rice or pasta

Breakfast: Yogurt and fruit, PB Crackers
Lunch: Salads, Egg salad
Snacks: Popcorn, ice cream, apple sauce

Been missing around here lately but have been sticking to eating at home. I also pack my lunch nearly everyday and have really cut down on my grocery budget by using more leftovers. I have also been freezing a lot when I make big batches of things. My plan for this week

Tonight was Cincinnati chili over spaghetti with salad and fruit
Tomorrow will be ribs with baked potatoes and Brussel sprouts
Monday will be chicken and veggie stir fry
Tuesday will be BLT sandwiches with chips and fruit
Wednesday will be pancakes with sausage and fruit
Thursday will be chicken enchiladas
Friday will be cauliflower crust pizza

We did well this past week. I did switch our shawarma and cordon blue days and the burgers were sloppy joes.

I think I do best if I plan the meals and as the week goes on fit each meal to the day as the week proceeds.

Our upcoming meals are:
Strawberry chicken spinach salad
Grilled burgers
Grilled brats
Grilled steaks
Bagels, eggs and bacon
Leftovers
Leftovers

Menu Plan - Week of May 19
Saturday- steaks, Italian pasta salad, asparagus
Sunday - grilled brats, mashed cauliflower, corn
Monday - grilled chicken salads with avocados, black beans, tomatoes etc
Tuesday - burgers, baked beans, chips
Wednesday- spaghetti
Thursday - leftovers
Friday - chicken/steaks, pesto pasta salad, yellow squash, green beans
No plan next week - going to Yosemite!!! :)

We have about a week before our half cow is ready. So I have to 100% clear the freezer. I have six gallons of garden tomatoes and ten quarts of applesauce to use.

Black bean, cucumber, tomatoes, corn, applesauce
Chili
Spaghetti
Kielbasa, cabbage, carrots, apple sauce
Hot dogs in Mac and cheese, peas
Chicken veggie stir fry on rice
Two days of random whatever is left. Then the females leave for camp and we switch into sandwich mode.

Mostly stuck to the week - skipped the wings and did a baked fresh salmon day (got an amazing deal at the store - wild salmon for $4.99/lb - and boy was that meal loved), and Wed was a disaster, so I ended up making my spouse's favorite Cheeseburger Macaroni Hamburger Helper (somehow he gets this every 6 months and it makes him so happy - I did add some fresh tomato, onion, pepper, and 4 cheese blend, so it was a little less "fake-tasting" to me...he just reveled in the flavor:)), so the steak fajitas moved to Thursday and the steak dinner is today (which is good, b/c we have no leftovers...and there won't be leftover steak:)...so, time to make the new plan:)...

Mon - Crockpot Roast Turkey Breast (it's been awhile and Aldi's had an amazing stuffing deal, so it seemed like fate:)), Aldi's Stuffing Mix, Savory Mashed Sweet Potatoes (with butter and sage), Homemade Cranberry Sauce
Tues - Turkey and Bacon Club Sandwiches (Lettuce/Tomato/Onion/Mayo), Baked Onion Rings, Strawberries and Blueberries
Wed - White Bean and Hot Italian Sausage Stew, Mango Blueberry Muffins
Thurs - (Last of turkey - I'll use chicken if we have no turkey) Turkey Tettrazini with Fresh Roasted Mushrooms (one of my spouse's favorites that I haven't made in years - I make this from scratch by taste not recipe, and not with soup cans, so it's more a cross between a Tettrazini and an Alfredo), Roasted Asparagus, Sliced Pears and Apples
Fri - Leftovers and Smoothies - if no leftovers, it will be frozen pizza night
Sat - OUT (we are hosting a game night, so we'll probably get the fam their favorite fast food box - might be KFC or Wendy's:))

PS - I figure we've had a lot of beef and chicken lately, so the fam should like the change to turkey and pork products this week:)...

So, I didn't make the turkey:)...never got it defrosted Monday, so I did a Honey Mustard Baked Chicken Breast with all the scheduled sides...and so then I changed Tuesday to Cheeseburgers (same sides) and Thursday to Corned Beef and Mashed Potatoes (same other sides)...so I should do the turkey this week b/c I feel dumb for not doing it the last one...now to go see if I can fit it in my fridge:)...anyway, so I ruined half the plan, but that just means it becomes the new plan this week...in good news, Hmart had stupid cheap deals on all berries, so my kids are stocked for the week...

Sun - Cheese Tortellini in Pesto Sauce, Caprese Salad, Raspberries and Blackberries
Mon - Take 2 on the Crockpot Turkey Breast, Mashed Potatoes, Homemade Citrus Cranberry Sauce, Strawberries
Tues - (kid parties, so they may not each much) Take 2 on the Turkey Bacon Clubs, Baked Onion Rings, Berry Salad
Wed - Angus Nitrate-Free All Beef Hot Dogs (love these - in my older age, I can only do beef hot dogs now, b/c I can't stand the chicken add on the cheap ones) with Mustard, Relish, and Sauerkraut (got the last 2 things from my moving friend), Baked Fries, Spinach/Blue Cheese/Berry Salad
Thurs - Homemade Fettucini Alfredo, Sauteed Spinach, Red Grapes
Fri - Leftovers and Smoothies (if no leftovers, it will be dumpling night)
Sat - Date Night (Groupon for us, pizza for kids)
Sun - Choir BBQ - We are bringing a fruit tray and portable treat (probably dipped pretzel rods)
Mon - Pool BBQ - TBD on what we are bringing - probably another fruit tray, but I'll decide when I see fruit prices and quality on my end of week shopping trip

We stuck to the plan last week except last night- the guys got back from the Ultimate Frisbee tournament right before I got home so after they showered we went to dinner as per our usual Saturdays. Here's this week's plan:

Sun (off): chicken nachos using leftover chicken from last weeks crock pot meal
Mon (8-5): just heating up a pizza for DH and I since DS has his band banquet
Tue (1-10):sweet & sour pork with veggies and noodles
Wed (off): bbq ribs and baked potatoes
Thu (8-5):balsamic chicken with spinach and apple salad

The next few days will be a toss up. The grandparents on DH's side come in late Thu. night so I have a meal planned for Fri. night but they may want to take us out to dinner. The grandparents on my side come in late Fri. night. Sat. is DS's graduation in the morning, so I'm sure we'll all go out to lunch after, including older DS ( he still hasn't told me if he's driving or flying and when he's arriving), his GF (who is here for the summer), and younger DS's GF. I have food for dinner too, but we may go out for that too. The grandparents from DH's side leave Sun. morning. Sun. evening I have a wedding to go to so I'll either make food for everyone else or most likely my mom will want to cook something for the rest of them. Mon. we'll do the traditional hot dogs, burgers, potato salad, coleslaw, baked beans, and watermelon for Memorial Day. I've got stuff for dinner Tue. night too. Then the grandparents on my side leave Wed. morning. Phew!

Its such a crazy time of year - end of the school year and all the attendant activities. Just got back from a quick Disney trip, so I'm all discombobulated and need to get organized for the next few weeks! Kind of a ridiculous thing - I bought 10 jars of marinara sauce on Saturday. They were on sale, then you got a rebate if you spend $20 on certain products. So I got them for $1.50 each, in the end, which is great. But its ridiculous to look at all those jars in my pantry... and I don't even have it on my menu this week.

Making it through the week with super easy, quick meals. Kids are going away next weekend with their grandparents, so I'm looking forward to a date or two with DH and the chance to get stuff done around the house over the long weekend.

M- Chicken Salad Sandwiches
Tu- Hot dogs and baked beans
W- Scrambled eggs or breakfast sandwiches
Th- Burgers
F- Date Night!
S- Homemade Pizza

So i just found this thread and it is so neat! We live an hour from the nearest restaurant so I cook pretty much every single night. I do allot of freezer preps heres what this week will look like:

Sunday: (tonight) i was lazy and pulled out a pan of freezer enchiladas.

Monday: Meatloaf freezer prep day. Ill make 3 loaves and freeze two for later.

Tuesday: Salmon in a Tuscan Lemon Cream sauce off pinterest

Wednesday: Chicken and Stuffing casserole. Ill probaby make a double batch and freeze one of these as well.

Thursday: Instant pot spaghetti

Friday:Pork Pot Roast instant pot

Saturday:Probably Potato Soup in the instant pot

Sunday: Eat Out

So, I didn't make the turkey:)...never got it defrosted Monday, so I did a Honey Mustard Baked Chicken Breast with all the scheduled sides...and so then I changed Tuesday to Cheeseburgers (same sides) and Thursday to Corned Beef and Mashed Potatoes (same other sides)...so I should do the turkey this week b/c I feel dumb for not doing it the last one...now to go see if I can fit it in my fridge:)...anyway, so I ruined half the plan, but that just means it becomes the new plan this week...in good news, Hmart had stupid cheap deals on all berries, so my kids are stocked for the week...

Sun - Cheese Tortellini in Pesto Sauce, Caprese Salad, Raspberries and Blackberries
Mon - Take 2 on the Crockpot Turkey Breast, Mashed Potatoes, Homemade Citrus Cranberry Sauce, Strawberries
Tues - (kid parties, so they may not each much) Take 2 on the Turkey Bacon Clubs, Baked Onion Rings, Berry Salad
Wed - Angus Nitrate-Free All Beef Hot Dogs (love these - in my older age, I can only do beef hot dogs now, b/c I can't stand the chicken add on the cheap ones) with Mustard, Relish, and Sauerkraut (got the last 2 things from my moving friend), Baked Fries, Spinach/Blue Cheese/Berry Salad
Thurs - Homemade Fettucini Alfredo, Sauteed Spinach, Red Grapes
Fri - Leftovers and Smoothies (if no leftovers, it will be dumpling night)
Sat - Date Night (Groupon for us, pizza for kids)
Sun - Choir BBQ - We are bringing a fruit tray and portable treat (probably dipped pretzel rods)
Mon - Pool BBQ - TBD on what we are bringing - probably another fruit tray, but I'll decide when I see fruit prices and quality on my end of week shopping trip

So, somehow I didn't make the turkey again - I realized I only had 1 turkey breast, but 2 pork shoulders, so I changed up the Mon-Thurs main plans. We had Crockpot BBQ Pork Shoulder on Monday, I did Bacon/Spinach/Tomato/Avocado Sandwiches on Tuesday, I did a Country Gravy Pork over Mashed Potatoes Wednesday, and I did the Hot Dogs Thursday (once we were out of pork)...

This is a short week plan:)...

Mon - Pool BBQ Potluck - bring a homemade fruit tray (Strawberries/Watermelon)
Tues - Angus Nitrate-Free All Beef Hot Dogs, Corn on the Cob, Strawberries
Wed - Taco Salads (Taco Beef, Cheddar Cheese, Lettuce, Tomato, Avocado, Salsa, Lime Crema), Watermelon/Strawberry/Banana Smoothies
Thurs - Afternoon Potluck (bringing a homemade fruit tray - everyone now asks for these) - so VERY light dinner plan - Grilled Cheese Sandwiches, 3 Greens Salad (Red Leaf/Green Leaf/Spinach) with Gorgonzola and Croutons
Fri - Meatloaf, Mashed Potatoes, Fruit or Green Salad
Sat - OUT

Last week went just as planned except DS worked Thu. night and ate there, and I go off late so DH and I just ate leftovers. DH's mom and stepdad took us to dinner Fri. night, we all went out to eat as a group on Sat. after graduation, and while I was at the wedding and DS1 and GF went to dinner with her parents, my mom and stepdad took DS2 and DH to dinner. Then we all met up along with DS2's GF to go see Solo- A Star Wars Story. Mon. we grilled hot dogs for lunch and hamburgers for dinner along with all the sides. The rest of this week's plan:

Tue(off): sausage, shrimp, and potato bake
Wed(1-10): balsamic chicken with salad
Thu(1-10): bacon and spinach pasta
Fri(8-5): leftovers

Gotta go shopping Sat. and we'll probably grill stuff on Sun. to use the rest of the week. Then next Sat. we leave for WDW!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter